Page 46 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 3775

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

One good thing about todays sunny , warm , 50 mph winds is it did dry the mud out some .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wind chill in the single digits tonight , the fire is going well .
    Do something Danke

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Snow flurries today , and in the forecast for Fri & Sat night too .
    Do something Danke

Turned cold yesterday. I was hoping it would stay warm but we had climate change that ended our global warming. I was hoping the global warming would stick around so Mr A would go golfing today but I think Al Gore has it out for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I changed a wagon wheel today . Of course Danke was not here to help .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I changed a wagon wheel today . Of course Danke was not here to help .
    I've been cleaning the garage and neither Danke or Mr A helped. At least Mr A cooked and watched youtube videos about feminists and soy boys in his underpants, lol.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Sunny but the high is only going to be 51. I have to go to work at the bar today. I barely left my house yesterday. I walked maybe 10 feet outside of the garage. Just far enough to load donations into the back of the van. I've been cleaning out our house using the Konmari method. When I told Mr A that's what I was doing he watched the video on Netflix and told me I was doing it wrong. Honestly, the only thing I read about it are in youtube comments and I never watched a whole video. They're all too long. I could have my whole house cleaned out before I watched those dumb videos. I figure it's about getting rid of $#@! you don't use or that's broken and you never got around to fixing in 10 years. I thought there was a Ben Franklin quote that went something like, If you don't love it or use it, let it go but when I googled it to get the exact quote, it was from a love song. o_O Either way, that's my version of the Konmari method. Mr A said I have to clean out my clothes and fold them neatly but in my modified ben Franklin love song version, I don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I've been cleaning the garage and neither Danke or Mr A helped. At least Mr A cooked and watched youtube videos about feminists and soy boys in his underpants, lol.
    I'm pretty sore from all the garage/house reorganization, modifying, fixing and cleaning since dad's passing. Still have my electronics to organize. So you and that Injun can just bugger off.
    Last edited by Danke; 01-11-2019 at 09:15 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I'm pretty sore form all the garage/house reorganization, modifying, fixing and cleaning since dad's passing. Still have my electronics to organize. So you and that Injun can just bugger off.
    Storing electronics in a garage in Minnesota in winter ? Doubt there will be much shelf life on that .
    Do something Danke

Supposed to start snowing here in an hour and a half . Hearing four inches or something . I have to go to the dump and the bank in the morning.
    Do something Danke

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think the snow stopped by noon , maybe 7 inches . Kind of a dicey drive to the dump and bank this morning on an unplowed highway.Very wet , slick and slushy. Roads were plowed after lunch though .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-13-2019 at 09:33 AM.
    Do something Danke

I am thinking 10 to 12 inches of snow last night and the night before No global warming . I think about five years ago were the record , seasonal total snow falls in Indianapolis & Detroit , this probably the largest snowfall in Indy in Jan. then since because they got more than I maybe . Nasty , heavy , wet snow that will then freeze like a rock as usual when the Temp.'s plummet the next couple nights . Deep down , I would like for all of this not to be Danke's fault but I see no clear path there .
    Do something Danke

In the absence of any Wendigos to hunt , in order to keep the youngsters sharp I might issue a few permits allowing torture of global warming zealots that can be captured on Mondays .
    Do something Danke

Dreary, drizzly, and cold. Had to go to an employee meeting at the bar and noticed the people bitching about other people not doing side work are the prime offenders of not doing their side work, lol. After that hour of bull$#@!, I needed some retail therapy so I stopped into the Goodwill and the Dollar Tree.

I swear, the Dollar Tree has the best laundry cleaners. The prewash spray is better than the expensive stuff and the bootleg OxyClean is the bomb. I wasn't impressed with the expensive OxyClean but decided to give the DT bootleg version a try after a friend suggested it and, damn, I don't know how I lived without it.

Dreary, drizzly, and cold. Had to go to an employee meeting at the bar and noticed the people bitching about other people not doing side work are the prime offenders of not doing their side work, lol. After that hour of bull$#@!, I needed some retail therapy so I stopped into the Goodwill and the Dollar Tree.

I swear, the Dollar Tree has the best laundry cleaners. The prewash spray is better than the expensive stuff and the bootleg OxyClean is the bomb. I wasn't impressed with the expensive OxyClean but decided to give the DT bootleg version a try after a friend suggested it and, damn, I don't know how I lived without it.
    Side work ? Here the local cops have that down to a science .Two of them are being investigated by the state police for working side jobs on the clock. They are on pd vacation now .
    Do something Danke

Side work ? Here the local cops have that down to a science .Two of them are being investigated by the state police for working side jobs on the clock. They are on pd vacation now .
    They're suppose to clean up and roll silverware. What cracked me up is the guy who closed the night before was complaing about people not cleaning up and the table I was sitting at was sticky. So sticky the papers I was given stuck to it. When he was talking (on and on), I started pulling the paper up and sticking back and pulling it back up - it made a loud noise. People around me started laughing.

I checked the 10 day forecast to see when I was gonna get some climate change and global warming would come back and noticed the high next Monday is suppose to be like 30. I usually work Mondays but I might preemptively ask for that day off. Too cold to work.

They're suppose to clean up and roll silverware. What cracked me up is the guy who closed the night before was complaing about people not cleaning up and the table I was sitting at was sticky. So sticky the papers I was given stuck to it. When he was talking (on and on), I started pulling the paper up and sticking back and pulling it back up - it made a loud noise. People around me started laughing.

I checked the 10 day forecast to see when I was gonna get some climate change and global warming would come back and noticed the high next Monday is suppose to be like 30. I usually work Mondays but I might preemptively ask for that day off. Too cold to work.
    At this point I am not opposed to public caning of the global warming mongrels .
    Do something Danke

Looking at the extended Forecast looks like Sat night around 15 degrees and zero on Sunday night. I split some wood today. Might split some more Tomorrow , Thurs & Mon .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-14-2019 at 02:03 PM.
    Do something Danke

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I stacked up a bunch of big , cut rounds on a trailer and parked it in the drive near the lean to. Probably split it on Thurs . I have a lovely fire of ash and hickory today .
    Do something Danke

Sleeting this morning and this evening , I do not think it is supposed to snow more than an inch until the weekend .
    Do something Danke

Last edited by Danke; 01-16-2019 at 06:06 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I will be splitting wood today . The Arctic is moving in Sat it appears .
    Do something Danke

Pretty misty , raining , muddy , snow melt out now .All that crap will freeze like a rock this weekend I guess . Probably still have lumps of ice in the drive. I have plenty of fresh eggs , green beans , onions , wild boar sausages , deer burger ,wood , lamp oil , gas for the generator , chain saw , truck , tractor and wood splitter . I probably should go on a bacon run . Danke can have a milk sandwich but none of that for me . I think this is more or less my 12th consecutive month of mud . Now that I live in a rain forest and there is no global warming and I cannot farm gators & bananas , I need to figure out a way to create a demand for my mud so I can sell a bit . If anyone would be interested in a quart of Great Sagamore Magical Mud Elixir for 20.00 FRN's or 20 silver dimes with free shipping let me know .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-17-2019 at 12:17 PM.
    Do something Danke

Extended forecast is currently showing the last nine days of the month to be in the teens ea night and not get above freezing during the day . That will leave about four or five weeks of bad weather left only , hopefully after that .
    Do something Danke

I have a pile of fresh pork sausage now too . I am ready for the storm .
    Do something Danke

Raining cats & dogs , storm is coming though . Time to stoke the fire.
    Do something Danke

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Big fire now for the Great Sagamore ,a fire of ash and sassafras . Looks like pork loin and spicy chicken legs for dinner as I bask by the fire . It is a tough job but I do it well .
    Do something Danke

Raining cats & dogs , storm is coming though . Time to stoke the fire.
    Raining and cold here. Time to stoke the fake fireplace space heater.

I was going to go to work at 2:30 tomorrow but I got a call and now I have to open. I knew I shouldn't have answered the phone. I have my bosses programmed in but he called me from another number and I knew it was local but I didn't recognize it so I thought it might be someone I would want to talk to. I always imagine that it could be someone I've lost touch with but it never is - it's always some bull$#@! about work or the Police Charity scam.

Raining and cold here. Time to stoke the fake fireplace space heater.

I was going to go to work at 2:30 tomorrow but I got a call and now I have to open. I knew I shouldn't have answered the phone. I have my bosses programmed in but he called me from another number and I knew it was local but I didn't recognize it so I thought it might be someone I would want to talk to. I always imagine that it could be someone I've lost touch with but it never is - it's always some bull$#@! about work or the Police Charity scam.
    When the police scam calls come I hang up , Mrs O asks them for a partial return of her traffic ticket monies from the 1990's .
    Do something Danke

Full blown blizzard out now with 35 mph winds . I thought Danke would get me one of those Finnish military fleece wool sherpa hats for Christmas , I could be wearing it now in case I have to go out to the garage for fresh flashlight batteries.
    Do something Danke

Page 46 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast