Page 30 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

Today , I sawed up a giant Ash log in the woods. I dropped what remained standing of it last fall . The top had snapped out the year before , I will split the rest for next winter firewood .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Snowing today .

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rainy last night , cold today. I got the oil changed Thurs in the F150 and the Japanese Zero .

Sixty and sunny yesterday ( last day of the month to get that warm according to forecast) , snowing to beat hell today , ice last night .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Sixty and sunny yesterday ( last day of the month to get that warm according to forecast) , snowing to beat hell today , ice last night .
    ugh...expecting around 15" before it all ends. next year we're gonna have to just eat the damn groundhog, shadow or not.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    ugh...expecting around 15" before it all ends. next year we're gonna have to just eat the damn groundhog, shadow or not.
    Groundhog will get no protection from me certainly .

Jan2017

Pretty mild winter especially at 5300' elevation - plenty of snow pack at 9000' though,
    so some Colorado kayaking fun down to all those lowlanders needing water.

Probably about eight inches yesterday of an unusually heavy , wet snow . Snapped off a couple trees and so heavy on some fence it pulled over metal T posts . Should all be melted by tomorrow afternoon . Twenty in the morning though .
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-22-2018 at 07:11 AM.

I sawed up one of muh trees in the woods that snapped off from the heavy snow . Maybe I will work on the other one on Mon . They will both be firewood next winter.

Another blizzard today . This time though , so far , I still have electric so I have not had to fire up the generator.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think I had to make 7 trips up on the roof at the cottage to sweep the snow off the sat dish these last two snows this past six days or so.. Maybe I should put a pc of heat tape on that thing ?
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-29-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Jan2017

Snowing all yesterday afternoon and early evening - all Colorado-Wyoming resorts received at least a few inches of new snow.
    5 foot deep resort snow pack on this side of continental divide will melt over April, so expecting some spring fishing fun for neighbor states too.

Everyone Is Mad at Punxsutawney Phil for 'Deception' Over Winter Weather

It's been well over six weeks since famed rodent Punxsutawney Phil told Americans to expect the eventual end of winter.
    But with cold weather lingering into late March, some people are assailing the Pennsylvania groundhog as a fraud,
    going so far as to post "Wanted" signs accusing him of deception.

Groundhog crime: Arrest warrant issued for Punxsutawney Phil for 'deception'

Monroe County Sheriff's Office has told the varmint that time's up:
    Last week, the office announced that it's "seeking the apprehension of Punxsutawney Phil for deception"

Looks like a few inches of rain today . Feed lot was already ankle deep mud .

The weather is as politicized as the news now. Last week we took a road trip from Memphis through Philly, D.C., NH and Chicago. They were predicting this huge snow storm to blast the East and shut down nearly everything. We had a small amount of snow as we drove to Philly and the rest of the trip was completely uneventful. No large snow fall anywhere. The temps were what would be expected for those climes and time of year. Nothing but scare tactics and the sad fact is they shut down schools, businesses, and airline routes for nothing.
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

I just got down off the roof from sweeping snow off the sat dish .

I just got down off the roof from sweeping snow off the sat dish .

you shouldn't be doing that at you age. But I guess your grandkids hate you.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    you shouldn't be doing that at you age. But I guess your grandkids hate you.
    I am a beloved Grandfather . Once I turn 120 I will stay off the ladder.
    Do something Danke

Snow last night , tonight , 38 and Thunderstorms .
    Do something Danke

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Flooding today just south of the state capital . I 65 North was closed this morning on the South side with water . Of course that would be the only day this month I needed to go up there . 60 out now with high winds, tomorrows high 38 .
    Do something Danke

lot's of snow, thanks Injun..
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Severe Thunderstorm Warning. Supposed to be really bad all night. It was almost 80 and very humid today. That usually means rock and roll time.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

lot's of snow, thanks Injun..
    Electric is out . I just got out of the shower . I fired up the generator at 6 this morning . Debating on weather to plug in the coffee pot to the generator or just have another root beer . I always just light up the whole downstairs with oil lamps when the power is out . Probably about time to make a raid into Illinois to get some fat democrats to make oil with .

26 Degrees in the morning . Below avg

Cold here for at least another week. Thanks Injuns.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I was out loading a tractor on the trailer this morning . Probably should have gotten my gloves out of the truck . I could feel my skin start to stick to the frosty metal........ I blame Danke.
    Do something Danke

[img][/img]
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    more snow! thanks redman.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

[img][/img]
    Best practical joke I ever pulled off...

Many years ago, was on a road trip with ex-Mrs AF and ended up in Vermont dairy farm country.

She remarked how the dairy cows must get tired or worn out grazing on the steep hills that are all over in that part of the country.

I told her, with a long and elaborate back story of bull$#@!, how these cows were specially bred over the years to have two legs shorter than the other so that they could stand easy on the hills and graze in comfort. Told her I could not remember the proper name for them, that they were just called, colloquially, "Hill Cows".

Fast forward a few weeks and we're having dinner with family friends, who just happened to be ex-farmers from Pennsylvania.

Ex-Mrs AF starts telling them about our vacation and road trip, and sure enough, she starts expanding on "Hill Cows".

Her friend, Sue IIRC, was looking at her with a look of incredulity, while I'm starting to snicker and so is her husband.

"Honey, whoever told you that was jerking your chain, there is no such thing as a hill cow".

"No really, I saw them and then Mr AF said...OH YOU ROTTEN SON OF A BITCH!!!

"BWAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!"

more snow! thanks redman.
    That was my brothers brand of chewing tobacco . My experience with it not so great . I was maybe 14 and pitching in a baseball game got a line drive to the ball sack before I could get my glove back down , swallowed the Redman and then threw up in the dugout between innings . Had no real great desire after that for chewing tobacco .
    Do something Danke

Nasty out there today, crashes and many stuck. Deep snow.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Page 30 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast