Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 2376

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Shaving has officially been suspended until April. The fellas who are willing to wade through a little brush will be rewarded, the others will just have to do without.
    Quite right. Hunting season is about to open.




  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #62
    I got up super early this moring and was going to go to the gym for an hour or so but when I walked outside I completely changed my mind. The wind is freezing and blowing at like 25 mph or so. Top layer of soil on my lawn is frozen and everything. The crap of it is that I was just outside in shorts not two days ago. It was beautiful. Well, considering it's Fall. I literally said to myself f this, I'm going back inside.

  4. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I got up super early this moring and was going to go to the gym for an hour or so but when I walked outside I completely changed my mind. The wind is freezing and blowing at like 25 mph or so. Top layer of soil on my lawn is frozen and everything. The crap of it is that I was just outside in shorts not two days ago. It was beautiful. Well, considering it's Fall. I literally said to myself f this, I'm going back inside.
    Yeah , I was out earlier feeding and watering the livestock . It was nasty for Nov. , eleven degrees , wind chill below zero .

  5. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Yeah , I was out earlier feeding and watering the livestock . It was nasty for Nov. , eleven degrees , wind chill below zero .
    Yep. Kind of sucks when it just shows up out of no place. That's a job first thing in the AM too, huh? I remember those days.



  6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  7. #65
    32.6 °F here and the wind is blowing like a mad bastard--gust at 35 mph. Snow squalls earlier this morning. The sun is out now, but it is still freakin' cold. Brrrrrrrr.
    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

  8. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    32.6 °F here and the wind is blowing like a mad bastard--gust at 35 mph. Snow squalls earlier this morning. The sun is out now, but it is still freakin' cold. Brrrrrrrr.
    31 degrees here in the Piedmont of North Cackalackey. Nice steady wind. Time to head for some beer and start chopping wood.

  9. #67
    It's damned cold here too, but I seem to be the only one who really feels it. My kid got her dad's Midwestern cold resistance, so they can run around clothed in shorts, while I'm wearing a robe, socks and slippers and a parka--indoors. Having grown up in Erie, PA (not far from Buffalo, NY), you'd think I'd have built up a tolerance to it. Nope.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

  10. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    It's damned cold here too, but I seem to be the only one who really feels it. My kid got her dad's Midwestern cold resistance, so they can run around clothed in shorts, while I'm wearing a robe, socks and slippers and a parka--indoors. Having grown up in Erie, PA (not far from Buffalo, NY), you'd think I'd have built up a tolerance to it. Nope.
    It is an age thing , maybe. when I was her age I was immune to heat or cold ,I was pretty much immune to heat until I got AC.By then , I had done a crap load of work and pd a lot of taxes already. Cold , I think is different , unless you are out in it ea yr. , you become less tolerant or , at least where you dislike it more, then age ads to that , or maybe we just get smarter and know the arthritis , tendonitis , gout , etc feel better by the fire with a drink . If I had been 14 yrs old today , after feeding and watering the livestock I would have been organizing a football game after we skipped school , shot some rabbits for dinner and then sipped Bourbon while we skinned them , LOL. Instead , I feed & watered the animals , went to work , pd a bunch more taxes . I definitely know which one was more fun

  11. #69
    I've got a new attitude. May help me to get through the freezing winter.


  12. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Quite right. Hunting season is about to open.

    When I got home , I looked around in the pumpkin patch , garden , potato field, and tree line for deer and rabbits ,checked the chicken coops for Bigfoot , Chupacabra , no luck ,but I do have bluegill ,frog legs , doves, bass , wild turkey , pheasant, tame turkey, chicken , Ham, bell peppers , pork chops ,bacon , squirrel , dried apples, meatloafs, lasagna and wood duck in the freezer. Olives , Sausage, smoked oysters, tuna, green beans, corn,relish, cranberries, cherries , blueberries , strawberries, mushrooms , broth , oranges , etc canned in the pantry,onions & potatoes on the breezeway . After last winter , I prepared for the worst . If Danke would just bring more ammo & beer & help me chop wood, I would be set

  13. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    When I got home , I looked around in the pumpkin patch , garden , potato field, and tree line for deer and rabbits ,checked the chicken coops for Bigfoot , Chupacabra , no luck ,but I do have bluegill ,frog legs , doves, bass , wild turkey , pheasant, tame turkey, chicken , Ham, bell peppers , pork chops ,bacon , squirrel , dried apples, meatloafs, lasagna and wood duck in the freezer. Olives , Sausage, smoked oysters, tuna, green beans, corn,relish, cranberries, cherries , blueberries , strawberries, mushrooms , broth , oranges , etc canned in the pantry,onions & potatoes on the breezeway . After last winter , I prepared for the worst . If Danke would just bring more ammo & beer & help me chop wood, I would be set
    Looks like you're out of bread and milk, oyarde. Don't get caught with yer overalls down. We had a flurry earlier and my wife had went to the grocery store for laundry soap and when she got home, she said that every line was backed up into the aisles. Everyone had a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk. I think it's some kind of ritual or something but they me be sold out by the time you get there.

  14. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Looks like you're out of bread and milk, oyarde. Don't get caught with yer overalls down. We had a flurry earlier and my wife had went to the grocery store for laundry soap and when she got home, she said that every line was backed up into the aisles. Everyone had a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk. I think it's some kind of ritual or something but they me be sold out by the time you get there.
    I can get by without those , I have canned milk to make gravy with , the Mrs can make me some persimmon bread or blueberry muffins , LO



  15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  16. #73
    Nothing worse than crazy people @ a store , I worked @ a grocer when I was 15 .

  17. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I can get by without those , I have canned milk to make gravy with , the Mrs can make me some persimmon bread or blueberry muffins , LO
    Yeah, I figgered so. I haven't had persimmons in a long time. We have a few of those trees scattered about down on the old home place. Almost forget what they taste like to be honest. It's been that long. Nothing beats homemade white gravy either. You've got it pretty good out there, oyarde.

  18. #75
    Mmmm persimmons...They are sooooo good.

    25.6 °F winds still gusting to 25 mph today. Brrrr rabbit.
    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

  19. #76
    it's 22° in Aiken SC


    brrrrrr
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  20. #77
    Do any real people (ie, those who do not stand to gain in some way from the imposition of envirofascism) actually believe in global warming anymore?
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

    Andrew Jackson, 1834

  21. #78


    this morning
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  22. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post


    this morning
    You have my sympathy . My mercury just got back to 20 , finally ,probably the high since Sat , I probably have burned a rick of wood since Sun.The wind is finally tailing off. Supposed to get back in the 30 to 50 range here in the next 7 days and rain three days .I Will probably shut the fire down in another day and use the furnace for 2 0r 3 days .

  23. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    It is an age thing , maybe. when I was her age I was immune to heat or cold ,I was pretty much immune to heat until I got AC.By then , I had done a crap load of work and pd a lot of taxes already. Cold , I think is different , unless you are out in it ea yr. , you become less tolerant or , at least where you dislike it more, then age ads to that , or maybe we just get smarter and know the arthritis , tendonitis , gout , etc feel better by the fire with a drink . If I had been 14 yrs old today , after feeding and watering the livestock I would have been organizing a football game after we skipped school , shot some rabbits for dinner and then sipped Bourbon while we skinned them , LOL. Instead , I feed & watered the animals , went to work , pd a bunch more taxes . I definitely know which one was more fun
    His mother's got it too. But they have no heat tolerance--no problem for me. I think it's a matter of how bulky a person is, and my kid still has some of the baby fat, along with a fast metabolism.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi



  24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  25. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    His mother's got it too. But they have no heat tolerance--no problem for me. I think it's a matter of how bulky a person is, and my kid still has some of the baby fat, along with a fast metabolism.
    I lost my baby fat by 5 0r 6 and started getting a little back at 50 , LOL

  26. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Yeah, I figgered so. I haven't had persimmons in a long time. We have a few of those trees scattered about down on the old home place. Almost forget what they taste like to be honest. It's been that long. Nothing beats homemade white gravy either. You've got it pretty good out there, oyarde.
    I made the mistake of biting into an unripe persimmon recently...turned my mouth inside out

  27. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I made the mistake of biting into an unripe persimmon recently...turned my mouth inside out
    Yeah , I have eaten them ,still not bad , the deer eat them, I need to figure out how to make some hard cider out of that flavor , be a good breakfast drink after coffee , LOL

  28. #84
    It's 2 freaking degrees. 2...

    With the wind chill its -19. And 40mph wind for a solid week straight to go along with it.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 02-16-2015 at 06:08 AM.

  29. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    It's 2 freaking degrees. 2...

    With the wind chill its -19. And 40mph wind for a solid week straight to go along with it.
    -20 this morning. Been below zero (for the highs) for days.

    Supposed to get above zero (11 predicted) later today.

    It's a 3 fire morning.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  30. #86
    It hit 11 degrees here this am. Not the coldest winter I've known but still pretty frosty. About to go driving up to Charleston WV dealing with plenty of snow and single digits. Overall though it hasn't been as cold as I expected this year. It has been really dry though, which was good for my car that leaked a year a go and needed dehumidifying.

  31. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    It hit 11 degrees here this am. Not the coldest winter I've known but still pretty frosty. About to go driving up to Charleston WV dealing with plenty of snow and single digits. Overall though it hasn't been as cold as I expected this year. It has been really dry though, which was good for my car that leaked a year a go and needed dehumidifying.
    All in all it has been a mild winter. (The ash berries were right)
    Even mild for Michigan is harsh,, but February seems to be the worst of it. (so far)

    not like last winter that was sub zero all the way through.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  32. #88
    Danke was right , I will be pitching wood a couple days this week .Probably toss some tomorrow morning.



  33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  34. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I've got a new attitude. May help me to get through the freezing winter.

    Hmmm. I'm not sure why, but that somehow describes how I feel this morning.

  35. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    It hit 11 degrees here this am. Not the coldest winter I've known but still pretty frosty. About to go driving up to Charleston WV dealing with plenty of snow and single digits. Overall though it hasn't been as cold as I expected this year. It has been really dry though, which was good for my car that leaked a year a go and needed dehumidifying.
    Have a safe trip, Gunny.

Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Keep your house cold this winter.
    By 123tim in forum Freedom Living
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-08-2019, 10:15 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2010, 07:05 AM
  3. Cold winter causing some heating issues
    By btalex1990 in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 04:54 AM
  4. Cold winter for most
    By Sarge in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 02:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •