Page 21 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

I split some crab apple today . I have enough , but it was so pleasant out , 40 and sunny , that I thought I should .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To be warm today , I might saw some logs into hunks .
    Do something Danke

So it's supposed to snow 5" here tomorrow and be in the teens. Then Wednesday be 47 and rain. Then drop back into the teens wed night and flash freeze. If that actually happens it is going to be a mess.

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

A week out show only one evening getting below freezing. Wed. Days average 60's. I put in another rick and will get more this weekend. I have plenty but a friend brings down nice oaks, too small to mill, and piles them so it is easy to cut and haul. The only thing slowing me down is the damn splitting. I'll take as much as he has to give though. Who wouldn't? By the end of the month I might have all of next year taken cre of.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    So it's supposed to snow 5" here tomorrow and be in the teens. Then Wednesday be 47 and rain. Then drop back into the teens wed night and flash freeze. If that actually happens it is going to be a mess.
    Sounds nasty , kind of like a typical Feb. here .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Sounds nasty , kind of like a typical Feb. here .
    It's not normal here. Usually we just get lots of snow. 2 years ago we had 5 or 6 feet on the ground this time of year. I didn't need a ladder to shovel the roof, I could just step up on the piles. This rain and freeze up thing is new this year. It happened twice already. Last month at one point, the driveway had ice 3" thick. It's melted down some now and somebody sanded it for me once too.

It's not normal here. Usually we just get lots of snow. 2 years ago we had 5 or 6 feet on the ground this time of year. I didn't need a ladder to shovel the roof, I could just step up on the piles. This rain and freeze up thing is new this year. It happened twice already. Last month at one point, the driveway had ice 3" thick. It's melted down some now and somebody sanded it for me once too.
    The Feb problem here is when it warms up and all melts at once and the rivers get out. If it stays cold it is not much of a problem because the thaw in March is usually more gradual . A Feb thaw is worse because it will get a south wind and bring a temp to 60 all of a sudden.
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    About 16 this morning . My fire is strong . Once again , I have defeated winter . Danke would approve .
    Do something Danke

It's 9 now. Supposed to be -4 later. We are banked in pretty good so hopefully the pipes won't freeze up.

Tomorrow 1-3" Sunday 1-3" and Monday blizzard 1-2 feet. Winter is finally starting to kick in here.

It was cold yesterday. Mr Animal took me to dinner and shopping and I didn't even want to get out of the car to go in Hobby Lobby for a cool mermaid bell for the pool. He dropped me off at he door and sat in the car to keep it warm for me. I think it got down to freezing last night and it was windy but today it warmed up and it's suppose to be in the 70's tomorrow. Yay!

They only had one mermaid bell and it was broken so I had to fill out a rain check form and go back next week to pick up my bell. It's so cute. I want it because it sucks to be comfortable on my float and run out of wine and have to yell until someone hears me. I figure the bell will get their attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I was sitting outside earlier burning trash at my giant bon fire pit . Thr Cranes are migrating back now , I first noticed it 10 days ago . Winter will not be much left , in 18 days it will be March . Shame Danke did not make it through the winter.
    Do something Danke

71 degrees. Geese heading north. Customers absent for the last two months have stuck their head out and discovered they need things done. I may have over estimated my wood requirement this year.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Forecast for tomorrow is now 2-3. That's feet for you southerners, not inches.

Forecast for tomorrow is now 2-3. That's feet for you southerners, not inches.
    Good luck .
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    it's 75 here now.. I think winter is ovah
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Good luck .
    It's Maine, we are used to it. Everything will be cleared out and passable within a few hours of the snow stopping. Only thing that causes real problems is the ice storms.

Pretty cool this morning , but it is only to get below 30 three nights from Sun through Friday . 60 last Sat. and 60 again on Fri.
    Do something Danke

2 feet so far today, still another 5 hours of blizzard to go. We might make it to 3? I've been plowing since about 8. Taking a break now, going to go out again later. It got bad enough that the state pulled the plows off the road, it was whiteout for a while. I made it through ok had to drive real slow 20 mph for about 30 miles while out plowing family. Got home to the furnace off, snow was higher than the chimney. Kids didn't think to call me and tell me there was no heat. Cleared 2 feet off the roof.

Sawed up some big ash logs today I dropped last year . Working on wood for next year .
    Do something Danke

Beautiful weather. It's been in the 60's and 70's for awhile but the pollen is killing me. I couldn't stop sneezing today. The pollen count is around 400 today which isn't that bad for Atlanta (it gets into the 1000's when spring really kicks in) but whatever is pollinating is killing me.

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

My frogs at the pond have been singing out for four days . To be 50 to 70 here until Sat night then down to 34.
    Do something Danke

My plum trees and peach tree already bloomed. Several others have buds. I figure it will surely freeze again but we'll see.
    It rained pretty hard and messed up the flowers on the peach tree. That probably messed up the pollination.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    72 this coming Fri. , then 25 Sun. night .
    Do something Danke

I will have my fire going Sat & Sun night .
    Do something Danke

Sunny and 50 out this morning with a heavy dew . My purple Crocus are starting to bloom this morning. Some of my favorites . Probably no more than one snow left when I see my Crocus .
    Do something Danke

High of 78 today. I'm planning on turning on the pool heater Monday. Yay!!!

I was suppose to play golf today but I drank a Smooth Move last night and I can't be that far from a bathroom.

Big storm coming with high winds , probably rain , a little snow , but it is warm out now .
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-23-2017 at 12:50 PM.
    Do something Danke

South of the Twin Cities , God will punish those that let Danke live among them with a foot and a half of snow .
    Do something Danke