Page 20 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I think I will let muh fire go out tomorrow afternoon since it is ta warm up . I can stack some wood and eventually clean some ashes out .
    Wed. we return to 50's day/40's night and I will do the same. I have an exterior instant water heater and the inlet line almost froze closed last night. Hit it with a hair dryer for 10 min. and things are fine now.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Hitting the 70's by Friday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Unfortunately, Mr Animal checked the weather, too and decided Thursday would be a good day to start training me to be his golf ringer. He says, if I get good and help him win tournaments, he'll buy me shoes.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Unfortunately, Mr Animal checked the weather, too and decided Thursday would be a good day to start training me to be his golf ringer. He says, if I get good and help him win tournaments, he'll buy me shoes.
    Take a cooler for your box. The vendor cart wine is ridiculous $$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Take a cooler for your box. The vendor cart wine is ridiculous $$$$.
    My bag has a cooler. Mr Animal said he would bring me some mini bottles but I think I'll just fill up my water bottle with Franzia.

My bag has a cooler. Mr Animal said he would bring me some mini bottles but I think I'll just fill up my water bottle with Franzia.
    Damn, girl. The chicks at UVA would tell ya to get an I.V. bottle and sling it under your arm.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think I will let muh fire go out tomorrow afternoon since it is ta warm up . I can stack some wood and eventually clean some ashes out .
    Uncle oyarde, I'm concerned about danke. Time to use your tracking skills to find him-or at least bring back his carcass for a proper funeral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Uncle oyarde, I'm concerned about danke. Time to use your tracking skills to find him-or at least bring back his carcass for a proper funeral.
    I held a ceremony 12/31 .

I held a ceremony 12/31 .
    I'm sure it was beautiful. You should share toobs of it.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I'm sure it was beautiful. You should share toobs of it.
    It was beautiful , while I hate to be critical of the departed , probably nicer than he deserved .
    Do something Danke

Today would have been quite pleasant with the absence of the Hurricane force winds .
    Do something Danke

Starting to feel like spring outside. I heard the radio guy say it got up to 59 today. YAY!!!

It was -5 this morning. Found out the pipes froze for the first time this year. Stupid kids knocked the plug for the heat tape out AND shut off the water I left running. I got it unfrozen at noon.

Now it's 38 and raining. Supposed to be 45 for the next 2 days. There is 3" of ice on the driveway, it's going to be a skating rink when the rain hits it. Last time it rained one of the cars went off the driveway and was hanging 2 wheels over an embankment. Since then I built a big snowbank in that spot with the plow to hopefully stop a runaway car next time.

I'm going to miss danke. He was a delightful mix of thoughtful, jackass, troll, snark, and flaming ***. Nobody quite like him. RIP.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Danke was one of a kind .
    Do something Danke

Warm , rainy and very windy last night and today . If that slacker Danke was here he could hold the umbrella for me while I stack some wood .
    Do something Danke

Beautiful day, today. I'm sitting on my porch in shorts and a t-shirt. I love global warming.

Raining cats & dogs here today . I may haul some trash . If that slacker Danke was here I could give him some matches and tell him to burn it on the burn pile .
    Do something Danke

Raining cats & dogs here today . I may haul some trash . If that slacker Danke was here I could give him some matches and tell him to burn it on the burn pile .
    I think even Danke would have a hard time burning in the rain. I doubt the slacker would even try.

I think even Danke would have a hard time burning in the rain. I doubt the slacker would even try.
    Nah , that slacker would not try but it would be entertaining to listen to his endless excuses .
    Do something Danke

Very warm but cloudy. I went for a run this morning and felt healthy af but then I came home and Mr Animal had fried me up a spicy sausage and runny egg sammich.

Very warm but cloudy. I went for a run this morning and felt healthy af but then I came home and Mr Animal had fried me up a spicy sausage and runny egg sammich.

I had Kielbossa and eggs out of the Henhouse after my trip to the dump .
    Do something Danke

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hoping for a thaw this week.

Maybe get water on again.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Hoping for a thaw this week.

Maybe get water on again.
    Unseasonably warm here in N.C. Mid 60's days-mid'40's nights. It's not fooling me. Feb. is going to be a cold bitch. I'm just feeling it. Like a squirrel pulled to acorns I'm drawn to getting another rick in or full cord in.

I think I have enough wood split and stacked to last to beginning of March . If not , I have more I can saw up and split that I dropped last year .
    Do something Danke

My fire is hot today . Burning some oak & crabapple , smells good . Make some good smoke to cure some meat with.
    Do something Danke

My furnace took a dump again. Fan won't start sometimes. Ordered a new motor for the blower based on the model number of the furnace. It shows up and has extra wires. It's a 1/4 hp and what I took out was 1/7 hp. Fire the furnace up and it won't start. Crap. Spin it by hand it goes. Ran for a few minutes and started to get hot. After some head scratching I figure out that somebody put the worng motor in and took the capacitor off. Extra wire are supposed to go to missing capacitor. The former owners here were horrible with rigging things up.

Come spring I think I am taking this POS furnace out in the yard and shooting it dead. Going to get a Rinnai direct vent propane heater.

This winter has kind of been a bust. Most storms have been like 3" and it rains more than snows.

It was in the 60's today. Warm for this time of year and we got a few nice rain showers this afternoon.

To be 12 in the morning . My fire is a thing of beauty . It is what separates my Noble race from the barbarian viking riff raff from norway......
    Do something Danke

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.