Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 2384

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    The colder the winter around here the better. A harsh winter cuts down on the ticks and chiggers and such.
    And slugs. Fu, slugs!



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Lol , I have seen lots of snow in winters that did not seem so bad , it is the Temp,'s that bother me , I mean , hell , at my age , anything in the teens or below pretty well sucks , especially if there is any wind .
    I'll take consistently cold. It allows for a decent man-made snow. The freeze/thaw cycle is the worst.



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33
    The utility company here just got their rate increase approved, so of course it'll be a cold winter.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

  6. #34
    I've had enough cold weather, I hope we have a mild winter. About three years ago we had the perfect winter, I never even pulled out my heavy coat. A hoodie winter, that's what I want.

  7. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I've had enough cold weather, I hope we have a mild winter. About three years ago we had the perfect winter, I never even pulled out my heavy coat. A hoodie winter, that's what I want.
    How were the pests the next season? Cold keeps the pests away.

  8. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    How were the pests the next season? Cold keeps the pests away.
    The bugs are always bad, a cold winter doesn't seem to matter too much around here.

  9. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    The bugs are always bad, a cold winter doesn't seem to matter too much around here.
    How do you grow anything edible?

  10. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    How do you grow anything edible?
    Plant enough for the critters.

  11. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Plant enough for the critters.
    Fug the critters. Put them on the dinner plate.

  12. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    The bugs are always bad, a cold winter doesn't seem to matter too much around here.
    Here either. The ticks were horrible, along with spiders and crickets.

    Am I racist for super-hating black and brown bugs?



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #41

  15. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Here either. The ticks were horrible, along with spiders and crickets.

    Am I racist for super-hating black and brown bugs?
    The only things that really bother me are the waterbugs (about 2" long roaches).

  16. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    The only things that really bother me are the waterbugs (about 2" long roaches).
    They are harmless. Shouldn't affect skinny dipping.

  17. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    They are harmless. Shouldn't affect skinny dipping.
    The only bug that's ever interrupted my skinny dipping are the hornets that built over the pool two summers ago. The bastards built in the highest eve of the house, I couldn't find bug spray that would shoot that far and had to call the exterminator.

  18. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    The only bug that's ever interrupted my skinny dipping are the hornets that built over the pool two summers ago. The bastards built in the highest eve of the house, I couldn't find bug spray that would shoot that far and had to call the exterminator.
    Thank gawd for professionals.

  19. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Thank gawd for professionals.
    Yes, those bees were scary and mean. The interesting thing was the hummingbirds hated them and would attack them which was kinda cool to watch.

  20. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Yes, those bees were scary and mean. The interesting thing was the hummingbirds hated them and would attack them which was kinda cool to watch.
    I've always thought humming birds were the biggest badasses, N.A.

  21. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    I've always thought humming birds were the biggest badasses, N.A.
    They're pretty aggressive. My Mom put out four feeders and they would fight over them. They would start chasing each other around and sometimes they wouldn't be paying attention and get stuck in the screen.



  22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  23. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    The only things that really bother me are the waterbugs (about 2" long roaches).
    Jesus freaking Christ. Yuck.

    We Yankees know nothing of such horrors.

  24. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Jesus freaking Christ. Yuck.

    We Yankees know nothing of such horrors.
    They do freak out the yankees. Yankees don't seem to be afraid of snakes either until they run across an 10 ft long coachwhip or rat snake. They're not venomous but they're scary looking. I found one of these guys in my garage summer before last and they're pretty freaky too. The one I found was bright yellow all over.


  25. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Jesus freaking Christ. Yuck.

    We Yankees know nothing of such horrors.
    Um, Manassas?

  26. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    El Niño vs La Niña makes for strange weather patterns. Before, y'all had it cold while we seemed to skip winter altogether. This year it may be that y'all will have a mild winter while we get blitzed.
    Yeah, I was all excited when I found the woolly worm. Then I saw the Farmer's Bulletin said my worm had some issues. So guess we get to see whether the worm or the humans are accurate. I am cheering the worm on because last year we got to some -25 and my kitchen did not get above around 10 degrees all the next day with an oil space heater running and the boiler chugging along. It was cold! Farmers says it is supposed to be even colder this year.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota


    Go Forward With Courage

    When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

    Ponca Chief White Eagle

  27. #53
    This $#@! is out of control. I have to wear my fancy ass , flannel lined pants tomorrow to work , and broke out my sheep skin lined flannel jacket to wear under my flannel lined canvas jacket..... been wearing the real wool socks for several days ....

  28. #54

  29. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Oh my . Guess the young fellas better hope for an early spring .

  30. #56
    It's been cold here. 20s to 50s. It snowed last night a little. I'm not complaining. I'm glad to not be sweating.



  31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  32. #57
    This just happened a few minutes ago.



    That mosquito is now dead but wow, that isn't something I expected to see.

  33. #58
    We got hit pretty good last night, this morning the schools are all closed and wind chill in the single digits. This is happening way to early.
    ClydeCoulter on the Liberty Movement:
    Yeah, they'll argue over roads and religion, but there are certain themes that bind, among those are freedom and the search for truth and justice.

  34. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Jesus freaking Christ. Yuck.

    We Yankees know nothing of such horrors.
    ANd they fly. They are also called "Palmetto bugs." They are not technically roaches, but you'd be hard pressed to say they aren't, even under a magnifying glass.

  35. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Oh my . Guess the young fellas better hope for an early spring .
    Shaving has officially been suspended until April. The fellas who are willing to wade through a little brush will be rewarded, the others will just have to do without.

Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Keep your house cold this winter.
    By 123tim in forum Freedom Living
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-08-2019, 10:15 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2010, 07:05 AM
  3. Cold winter causing some heating issues
    By btalex1990 in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 04:54 AM
  4. Cold winter for most
    By Sarge in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 02:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •