Page 15 of 126 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

Deceptively beautiful day. It looked gorgeous outside but it was colder than a witch's titty. I went out in flats with no socks and my feet are still cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My fire is bold . I have Scouts out though in case the Barbarians from the North sneak down , they are weak though and probably scared of the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Deceptively beautiful day. It looked gorgeous outside but it was colder than a witch's titty. I went out in flats with no socks and my feet are still cold.
    How cold is a witch's titty...as compared, to say, a well digger's ass or brass monkey balls?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    How cold is a witch's titty...as compared, to say, a well digger's ass or brass monkey balls?
    I'd don't think I want to know how she knows that or how you know your comparisons.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Flurries this morning and warm .
    Do something Danke

Cold and drizzling rain and I have to go out. Mom is out of cigarettes and she keeps giving me the stink eye. I still have to pick up some stoking stuffers so I figured I would get that out of the way today so I can sit in my pj's all day tomorrow. I love pj days.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Today I am going to bring in a little wood and clean out my ashes . Tomorrow night to Fri down in single digits and teens . Tomorrow night the fire will be going again .
    Do something Danke

Snowing to beat hell . Wet , sticky , slick snow . Maybe two inches so far . All of my gas cans are full and I gassed up the chain saw . I may saw some logs today . I have a couple ready I dropped behind the henhouses last spring.
    Do something Danke

I wore my muskrat fur hat while sawing up a Hickory tree . I gave my coyote fur hat to one of my Grand Daughters .
    Do something Danke

So I'm scrolling through my FB posts and I see this

*thinking about running to the grocery store*

Then I see this...

*Whew!*

[QUOTE=Suzanimal;6383114]So I'm scrolling through my FB posts and I see this

*thinking about running to the grocery store*

When I was 15 I worked at a grocery . The milk and bread thing amazed me . I was like , pfft you cannot even smoke it and who wants something cold to drink in a blizzard ? I had a bottle of Drambuie by the fire at home .
    Do something Danke

Winter is scared of me , it will flee like the blue wing teal , in another 3 moons I will be planting potatoes .
    Do something Danke

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just a reminder. You should set any ceiling fans to spin so that the downward side is leading and run them at the slowest speed.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Just a reminder. You should set any ceiling fans to spin so that the downward side is leading and run them at the slowest speed.
    Excellent . Yes , all three of mine are on low .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Winter is scared of me , it will flee like the blue wing teal , in another 3 moons I will be planting potatoes .
    It's the Drambuie.

Keep your meat raffle tickets dry.

Going to be -4 tonight with 50 mph winds and a windchill of -24. It's only mid December too, it gets worse from here. Going to have to leave the water on all night so we don't freeze up.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Going to be -4 tonight with 50 mph winds and a windchill of -24. It's only mid December too, it gets worse from here. Going to have to leave the water on all night so we don't freeze up.
    Ya I hate that $#@! , it was 5 here this morning with a negative wind chill , 10 the morning before. That is Jan weather not Dec . 11 degrees tonight , 33 tomorrow , 53 the next day then mid twenties the next two days after . I have a bunch of really good wood sawed up in the woods I need to drag downhill and split . Probably start on that Mon. That will be my Feb. wood , I have enough split to last to then.
    Do something Danke

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Well it sure as hell is snowing a lot up here in Southern Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by HitoKichi View Post
    Well it sure as hell is snowing a lot up here in Southern Ontario
    The provincial legislature still do everything in French and English ? Only 5 percent speak French , if there was a way to get some liberty bills through in French that nobody understood it would be worthwhile to learn it
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-15-2016 at 05:29 PM.
    Do something Danke

Ya I hate that $#@! , it was 5 here this morning with a negative wind chill , 10 the morning before. That is Jan weather not Dec . 11 degrees tonight , 33 tomorrow , 53 the next day then mid twenties the next two days after . I have a bunch of really good wood sawed up in the woods I need to drag downhill and split . Probably start on that Mon. That will be my Feb. wood , I have enough split to last to then.
    We are having the odd weather too. Saturday a snow storm, then Sunday 47 and rain but dropping to 8 at night. That will surely be a flash freeze. I'm going to have to get out the roof rake after the snow stops Saturday and clear the roof or there will be huge ice dams and leaks.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    The provincial legislature still do everything in French and English ? Only 5 percent speak French , if there was a way to get some liberty bills through in French that nobody understood it would be worthwhile to learn it

Yeah pretty much
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langua...alism:_Ontario

I'm not really taking french anymore since your not required to take it in high school. Instead I'm taking Spanish this year in case I ever get the chance to go to Chile some day.
    Last edited by Lamp; 12-15-2016 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HitoKichi View Post
    Yeah pretty much
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langua...alism:_Ontario

I'm not really taking french anymore since your not required to take it in high school. Instead I'm taking Spanish this year in case I ever get the chance to go to Chile some day.
    They have nice Vineyards in Chile .
    Do something Danke

It's 21 degrees here. 20 mph winds.

It's 34 here.

Phht. That's beach weather.

It's 34 here.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Phht. That's beach weather.
    Hey! The news said the wind chill made it feel like 25, that's colder than a witches titty. I believe witches titties stay around 41.5 - don't quote me on that, I'm not a witches titty expert. Maybe oyarde can chime in and confirm.

Hey! The news said the wind chill made it feel like 25, that's colder than a witches titty. I believe witches titties stay around 41.5 - don't quote me on that, I'm not a witches titty expert. Maybe oyarde can chime in and confirm.
    Yeah, oyarde might be a brass expert.

It is cold, though. I just took my dog out and he peed for like 3 minutes straight while the wind's blowing and I'm in freakin shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Yeah, oyarde might be a brass expert.

It is cold, though. I just took my dog out and he peed for like 3 minutes straight while the wind's blowing and I'm in freakin shorts.
    My poor old doge went out to pee earlier and started barking like crazy for me to come and get him. He has a doggy door and can come and go as he pleases but he's mostly blind and has a hard time finding it and he barks for me to get him if the weather's bad. He does that when it's raining, too. I ended up carrying him inside.

I'm in freakin shorts
    Yankees...Mr Animal thinks shorts are year round wear, too.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mission Accomplished , it is 10 degrees outside ( no wind though ) , 74 degrees in here and nothing but wood heat . Sweet.
    Do something Danke

High of 47 today but it'll be back in the mid 60's tomorrow. I had to turn on my fake fire space heater in the four seasons room - that's where I keep my laptop. It was so cold last night, I even pulled my lemon tree inside. Sadly, I ran over a lizard's head with the pot wheels. I left it for one of the guys to clean up. I ain't touching that nasty ting. Plus, I think his brains are stuck to the paver. *shudders*