Page 7 of 126 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

All we have is mud and snow. It's supposed to snow again tomorrow.

We still have another month at least of mud and snow before anything resembling warm happens.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Took my daughter out for a walk on the back 10 acres because it was so nice outside, and she didn't listen when I said that she needs to follow me--she ended up stuck in the mud up to her shins. Then I went to get her out and I ended up getting stuck. When we finally got back to the house, she refused to come in for a while, we had to take our shoes off in the garage.

We already have these creepy little spiders jumping all around in the grass. We'll have ticks out in full force pretty soon. Bleh on that, but hooray for open windows today!
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    We plant golds, purples, and red Pontiacs. Took a lot of work on the soil to get it right.

Wisconsin has the most obscenely beautiful, jet-black potato-growing soil I have ever seen.
    I just like the whites better , and easier to sell , although , I pretty well keep about all anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Took my daughter out for a walk on the back 10 acres because it was so nice outside, and she didn't listen when I said that she needs to follow me--she ended up stuck in the mud up to her shins. Then I went to get her out and I ended up getting stuck. When we finally got back to the house, she refused to come in for a while, we had to take our shoes off in the garage.

We already have these creepy little spiders jumping all around in the grass. We'll have ticks out in full force pretty soon. Bleh on that, but hooray for open windows today!
    My wife would have had me get her out.She would be like , " Hey one of the ones that acts like you needs some help " .I would say ," One of the boys ? Meh , they'll be alright , they should know better , if they do not listen , I think they act like you" , she would say , " No , one of your girls".I would have them out in a minute. LOL.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    My wife would have had me get her out.She would be like , " Hey one of the ones that acts like you needs some help " .I would say ," One of the boys ? Meh , they'll be alright , they should know better , if they do not listen , I think they act like you" , she would say , " No , one of your girls".I would have them out in a minute. LOL.
    The only thing that calmed her down was the promise of reading "Duck, stuck in the muck" and a session on the trampoline when we got back to the house. She's a character, and she just adores people far too much. She'll go and hug perfect strangers.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

The only thing that calmed her down was the promise of reading "Duck, stuck in the muck" and a session on the trampoline when we got back to the house. She's a character, and she just adores people far too much. She'll go and hug perfect strangers.
    Good teamwork book. Having been stuck in the muck a few times myself, I could have used a couple fish & three Moose.

Of course , some of my Favorites, Bre' r Rabbit , you could just replace the briar patch with the swamp, to show her no need to be afraid..

Of course , some of my Favorites, Bre' r Rabbit , you could just replace the briar patch with the swamp, to show her no need to be afraid..
    We had a good, long chat about what you should and should not be scared about. She agreed with me--she's just overly-sensitive sometimes. Especially when she hasn't had enough sleep.

My second day in Portland, I went to Saturday Market. It was summer and everybody was out. A young woman with a cute little boy in a stroller were there and I crouched to say hello. The little guy hugged me and would not let go. I had no idea what to do (it must be pretty entertaining to see a guy who never gets flummoxed get flummoxed. I stood, he was on me like a leech, and tapped mom on the shoulder with a very rapid and clear
    "I'm sorry but he hugged me and would not let go". She took it in stride and I was glad not to get shot. I am the world's most horrible sucker for children. I have no defense against them whatsoever.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    My second day in Portland, I went to Saturday Market. It was summer and everybody was out. A young woman with a cute little boy in a stroller were there and I crouched to say hello. The little guy hugged me and would not let go. I had no idea what to do (it must be pretty entertaining to see a guy who never gets flummoxed get flummoxed. I stood, he was on me like a leech, and tapped mom on the shoulder with a very rapid and clear
    "I'm sorry but he hugged me and would not let go". She took it in stride and I was glad not to get shot. I am the world's most horrible sucker for children. I have no defense against them whatsoever.
    She's such a beauty, has such an outgoing personality--and when she accidentally hurts me, she'll run over and hug/kiss me pretty close to the butt area (her height). I had to grab and scoop her when she was about to hug and kiss some stranger who said "OW!" when he hit his arm on something in the store. Then I whispered in her ear "just say you hope he's okay." She did.

Kids get you in some strange situations.

No wonder I've felt so stuffy today.

Atlanta’s sneezing season arrived with a vengeance Wednesday as the city’s pollen count jumped tenfold, soaring from Tuesday’s count of 178 to 1,793 particles of pollen per cubic meter of air.
    http://www.ajc.com/news/news/atlanta...ebook_2014_sfp

Winter's all done here--for a week now--until the April Fool's Freeze.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    She's such a beauty, has such an outgoing personality--and when she accidentally hurts me, she'll run over and hug/kiss me pretty close to the butt area (her height). I had to grab and scoop her when she was about to hug and kiss some stranger who said "OW!" when he hit his arm on something in the store. Then I whispered in her ear "just say you hope he's okay." She did.

Kids get you in some strange situations.
    awww that's so cute. any more stories to share?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    awww that's so cute. any more stories to share?

Don't be weird.

Don't be weird.
    Be nice. He was born that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Last edited by specsaregood; 05-20-2016 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Snowing all day long; next year I'm eating the GD groundhog before he sees his shadow.
    I tried that before, did not help. They have replacements like rabbits , but are much more destructive . My Father would wage war on them ea spring. Leg traps , poison gas , you name it....only real result was , once a guy across the way had a german shepherd he breed , well , it killed and ate one of the toxic groundhogs in our yard and died .

I tried that before, did not help. They have replacements like rabbits , but are much more destructive . My Father would wage war on them ea spring. Leg traps , poison gas , you name it....only real result was , once a guy across the way had a german shepherd he breed , well , it killed and ate one of the toxic groundhogs in our yard and died .
    Around five years ago, my Doberman killed five and left them by the porch steps. Of course he killed them one at a time, but the total was five. I was very impressed with his ability to do them in.

I have this old groundhog out back that has been eating my tomatoes for years. I've watched that feller get old and gray. There for a while and back in his youth I used to catch him and he'd run back to his hole. What bugged me was that he'd take a few bites and leave it on the ground. I wouldn't mind if he ate the whole thing. Ah well. After a while I just planted a few extras. It has been a fulfilling friendship ever since. He doesn't even run away anymore. I hope he's still around this year.

I've had problems with them digging through the field stone foundation of my 137 year old home. Ever since that happened, it's been war.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I've had problems with them digging through the field stone foundation of my 137 year old home. Ever since that happened, it's been war.
    Yeah, that's a problem. Heh.

Well , they probably no longer sell poison gas at the hardware. ... on open ground at close range ( under fifty yards ) , I suggest # 1 Buckshot . At more than , say 60 yards, .30 Cal

Yay! Were #1

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...s-this-winter/
    Michigan’s Upper Peninsula takes the prize, with two climate-tracking sites leading the top 10 list. At a total of 157 inches, Marquette, Mich., is actually running below average by about 11 inches. But Sault Ste. Marie, Mich., has seen 158.7 inches, which is a solid four feet above its average to date.
    1. Sault Ste. Marie, Mich. — 158.7 inches (110.1)
    2. Marquette, Mich. — 157 inches (178.2)
    3. Bangor, Maine — 131.5 inches (59.3)
    4. Caribou, Maine — 129.4 inches (96.2)
    5. Syracuse, N.Y. — 118.5 inches (116.3)
    6. Worcester, Mass. — 116.8 inches (58.6)
    7. Boston, Mass. — 110.3 inches (40.2)
    8. Buffalo, N.Y. — 109.3 inches (88.8)
    9. Erie, Pa. — 104 inches (94.4)
    10. Gray, Maine — 103.7 inches (74.2)

It ain't gone yet.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Well , they probably no longer sell poison gas at the hardware. ... on open ground at close range ( under fifty yards ) , I suggest # 1 Buckshot . At more than , say 60 yards, .30 Cal
    I can usually hit em in the head with my Marlin 60 at around 60 yards.

So cool that you have a house that old! Ours is 112 years old.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Well , Sat morning is supposed to be a record low , breaking the record of 19 degrees in 1934 .

Well , Sat morning is supposed to be a record low , breaking the record of 19 degrees in 1934 .
    I am expecting a high of 19 today.. the wind has calmed.. but we had snow and blowing snow yesterday. more snow predicted through the weekend and next week. though a bit warmer temps.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Let her listen to this:

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let her listen to this:

We're having a tropical heat wave-- 45 °F At this rate we may very well see spring before June.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Page 7 of 126 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast