Page 36 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 3775

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I don't put any stock into what Wiki says.
    I try to always acknowledge it as a source being used jus' because it is so "dicey" and should be taken with a "grain of salt"

Ionosphere data from the solar eclipse last year is still getting analyzed (see August 2018 Sky and Telescope) -
    it IS part of the weather equation most probably certainly, and considering the upcoming 11-year cycle solar minimum of 2019-20 is interesting.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 08-01-2018 at 08:06 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No Grand Solar activity in my neck of the woods. It's been raining cats and dogs since Tuesday night and my tan is suffering. Of course, Danke is too busy posting about breasts to do something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Still raining. I found my son in the pool in the pouring down rain wearing the foam hat from the Woody costume he had as a kid to keep the rain out of his face. o_O
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

This is the first I've seen of the sun since Tuesday afternoon.

Lots of sun in the Western half of the country. Water off our coast here just hit a record high temperature. July average temp was fifth highest ever.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-03-2018 at 01:35 PM.

69 degrees here this morning when I drove into town . I'll take it .
    Do something Danke

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sunny & Hot

It's suppose to rain Wed & Thurs. I kinda hope it's still nice enough for Mr A to play golf. He's been underfoot a bit lately and he needs to get out from under me. I kid you not, I'm trying to work on My True Calling and he plants his ass right where I've set up and decides to nap. He's worse than a $#@!ing cat.

Rained last night , today and supposed to every day through Sat except Thurs. I sanded muh deck off today with an angle grinder with a wire wheel on it and blew it off and am ready to paint it with this Cabot gue deck stain stuff but I need some dry days . I have work to do but that stuff takes a long time to dry. On the bright side it has been cooling off at night and the humidity may drop to 82 percent tonight . It does not get too bad until lunch . Everything is wet all the time , like summer of 2015 .
    Do something Danke

THANK THE GLOBAL WARMING GODS!

I was worried rain was moving in after some nasty sounding thunder woke me up last night but it was a beautiful morning and Mr A split early to play golf. Honestly, I think part of the reason we've managed to stay together so long is because we rarely see each other. Before we got married, we only had 4 days off together in town and two of them were the two days before our wedding. Mr A had to get me up to date on how the wedding was going down. The only part I played in the planning of the wedding was taking 20 minutes to pick out a dress at the JCPenny outlet store. I didn't even buy wedding shoes, I wore my keds under my dress, lol. Mr A and my mom did everything else.

I got a lot of work done today in the tropical rainforest pause in rains . Really a lot of this is stuff Danke should offered to help me with before now . I am expecting the rains to resume by tomorrow evening .
    Do something Danke

Thunderstorms are the forecast next four days . I have a small concrete pad I would like to work on , maybe Tue.
    Do something Danke

We had an earthquake the other night. Apparently, I slept through it. I have felt a few before, though.

Two days of monsoons over , two to go . Rainy season started in Feb and has not ceased.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Two days of monsoons over , two to go . Rainy season started in Feb and has not ceased.
    We could use a bit of moisture out here. Our July low temperatures were about our normal high July temperatures (here at the coast of CA it only varies by about ten degrees between the high and the low). Our water is running about ten degrees above normal too. Not a single day was not into at least the 80's.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Under a severe thunderstorm watch. Tornadoes have been spotted. No where near me but still, pray for me because I'm scared of dying in a tornado.

Took 9 years, mine less that 4.

Eat your heart out @The One.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6509029

Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    100,000!!!!!!!!!!

I need a kleenex.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...513865-100-000!!!!!!!!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Under a severe thunderstorm watch. Tornadoes have been spotted. No where near me but still, pray for me because I'm scared of dying in a tornado.

grab a box of Franzia and. hop in your bathtub and cover yourself with a mattress
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    grab a box of Franzia and. hop in your bathtub and cover yourself with a mattress
    True story. Many years ago (my boys were both toddlers) we were having a terrible storm. Anyway, there was a tornado spotted in my town and the news guy said to take shelter. Mr A wasn't home and it was just me and the kids. I was scared to death. I put all of us in bicycle helmets and we piled into the coat closet. Then the phone starts ringing and they keep $#@!ing calling back. WTF? I jump out of the closet to answer the phone and it's my mom telling me to take cover. So I tell her I'm trying but she needs to quit calling. Anyway, I go back to the closet and I can't get in - I tell the boys to make some room and they say they can't because my doge (RIP, he passed away at 17 years old) came in and decided to stretch out and take a nap. They voted me out of the tornado closet.

...me in and decided to stretch out and take a nap. They voted me out of the tornado closet.

That is what we call "a hint."
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

A coworker is from India and says the whole state where he's from (about the size of New Mexico) is under 4-5 feet of water. Power lines falling in the water so they turned off all electricity. People living on the roofs of their houses, no food, military dropping food packets but they don't know which houses have people because nobody can charge their cell phones.

Seriously bad monsoon season. They're talking about opening the dams cuz they are about to collapse. That will add 3 or 4 more feet of water.

Sheesh.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Took 9 years, mine less that 4.

Eat your heart out @The One.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6509029

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Danke again.

Ha...Congrats!!!

Raining this morning , rain again Mon & Tue , rain the last week of the month is forecast ea day . Looks like sunny tomorrow and one more day between now and Sept 02 on the extended forecast .
    Do something Danke

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought we were going to get enough rain to refill the pool but it looks like I'm going to have to add water today.

I thought we were going to get enough rain to refill the pool but it looks like I'm going to have to add water today.
    I started the hose right after I posted this and I swear about the time I was going to take the hose out, it started pouring. It also started lightening so I had to abandon my laptop. I ended just sitting there looking for something to watch on Netflix. I think I spend more time looking for something to watch than I do actually watching shows. I'm thinking about finishing up Nazi Super Weapons tonight.

No rain today or tomorrow but rain on Sat.
    Do something Danke

About 50 out or so this morning , felt good .
    Do something Danke

Monsoons resumed today . I went down to see my river ( what people call the Ohio ) . Took Mrs O out for Sirloins and shrimp .
    Do something Danke

I think it was about 97 today , I spent the day digging a ditch . Maybe two or three more to go between now and frost time and I will be done
    Last edited by oyarde; 08-28-2018 at 03:09 PM.
    Do something Danke

Rains again on Wed & Thurs . I sawed up two dead poplars today , probably another tomorrow . They will be used for my annual Battle of the Wabash bonfire and celebration .
    Do something Danke

Over 90 again today . I had a good breakfast of bacon , hashbrowns with onion and bell peppers . Wish me luck as I head to the humid jungle to chop down another dead poplar . Seems like if I recall all those poplars died after no rain around the whole summer of 2014 then seems like near record rainfall in 2015 and 2018 .
    Do something Danke

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 36 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast