Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
Results 1,051 to 1,062 of 1062

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I don't put any stock into what Wiki says.
    I try to always acknowledge it as a source being used jus' because it is so "dicey" and should be taken with a "grain of salt"

Ionosphere data from the solar eclipse last year is still getting analyzed (see August 2018 Sky and Telescope) -
    it IS part of the weather equation most probably certainly, and considering the upcoming 11-year cycle solar minimum of 2019-20 is interesting.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 08-01-2018 at 08:06 AM.
    Trump:
    (circa July 2015) : "John McCain is NO 'war hero' . . . - I like people who weren't captured, ok!"
    (circa June 2016) : "How could the FBI NOT indict her !? "

Jefferson:
    (circa May 1826) : "When angry count to ten before you speak. If very angry, count to one hundred."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No Grand Solar activity in my neck of the woods. It's been raining cats and dogs since Tuesday night and my tan is suffering. Of course, Danke is too busy posting about breasts to do something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Still raining. I found my son in the pool in the pouring down rain wearing the foam hat from the Woody costume he had as a kid to keep the rain out of his face. o_O
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

This is the first I've seen of the sun since Tuesday afternoon.

Lots of sun in the Western half of the country. Water off our coast here just hit a record high temperature. July average temp was fifth highest ever.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-03-2018 at 01:35 PM.
    One thing we can say about Trump: Least Boring President Ever.

Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

“People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular,” Trump wrote, or at least his ghostwriter did. “I call it truthful hyperbole. It’s an innocent form of exaggeration – and a very effective form of promotion.”

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

69 degrees here this morning when I drove into town . I'll take it .
    Do something Danke

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sunny & Hot

It's suppose to rain Wed & Thurs. I kinda hope it's still nice enough for Mr A to play golf. He's been underfoot a bit lately and he needs to get out from under me. I kid you not, I'm trying to work on My True Calling and he plants his ass right where I've set up and decides to nap. He's worse than a $#@!ing cat.

Rained last night , today and supposed to every day through Sat except Thurs. I sanded muh deck off today with an angle grinder with a wire wheel on it and blew it off and am ready to paint it with this Cabot gue deck stain stuff but I need some dry days . I have work to do but that stuff takes a long time to dry. On the bright side it has been cooling off at night and the humidity may drop to 82 percent tonight . It does not get too bad until lunch . Everything is wet all the time , like summer of 2015 .
    Do something Danke

THANK THE GLOBAL WARMING GODS!

I was worried rain was moving in after some nasty sounding thunder woke me up last night but it was a beautiful morning and Mr A split early to play golf. Honestly, I think part of the reason we've managed to stay together so long is because we rarely see each other. Before we got married, we only had 4 days off together in town and two of them were the two days before our wedding. Mr A had to get me up to date on how the wedding was going down. The only part I played in the planning of the wedding was taking 20 minutes to pick out a dress at the JCPenny outlet store. I didn't even buy wedding shoes, I wore my keds under my dress, lol. Mr A and my mom did everything else.

I got a lot of work done today in the tropical rainforest pause in rains . Really a lot of this is stuff Danke should offered to help me with before now . I am expecting the rains to resume by tomorrow evening .
    Do something Danke

Thunderstorms are the forecast next four days . I have a small concrete pad I would like to work on , maybe Tue.
    Do something Danke

We had an earthquake the other night. Apparently, I slept through it. I have felt a few before, though.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536