Page 10 of 126 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

Bitter cold out today .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Bitter cold out today .
    Did your tribe collect a lot of firewood last fall?

Last edited by Danke; 02-13-2016 at 07:49 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bitter cold out today .
    Cold flow coming through in the Carolinas. will be out by Thurs. Sat/Sun back into the 60's. Hasn't been a bad year. I estimated firewood just right. Won't have any left over for next year but have a few trees down and drying for next year.

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-21-2016 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Admittedly it was a bit on the cold side today; but it aint often you get the entire golf course to yourself on a saturday afternoon...
    Pretty good hunting there?

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-21-2016 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Did your tribe collect a lot of firewood last fall?

Yep , I think I have enough wood to last .

This year wasn't as bad as the locals say it could/should have been due to El Nino. However, according to some articles I was reading this weekend, looks like next Winter will be a strong La Nina year and we could expect some truly bitter cold, but drier. I like dry... lol, tired of floating out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    This year wasn't as bad as the locals say it could/should have been due to El Nino. However, according to some articles I was reading this weekend, looks like next Winter will be a strong La Nina year and we could expect some truly bitter cold, but drier. I like dry... lol, tired of floating out here.
    Dry is good.Not a big fan of mud and high water myself.

Raining tonight , rain all day tomorrow , then four inches of snow tomorrow night . Bull$#@! all of it .Al Gore promised it would be like Tuscon by now.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So far we haven't had a day where the roads got icy. I can't remember a year where we went without that but of course there is still time for it to happen. It's been a very mild winter. We had 1 day where it snowed a little.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    So far we haven't had a day where the roads got icy. I can't remember a year where we went without that but of course there is still time for it to happen. It's been a very mild winter. We had 1 day where it snowed a little.
    Yeah we've hardly had a winter here as well. I was working outside in a t-shirt yesterday. Pretty nice spring weather already. Even though we mostly get the coldest weather in March.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Here it's just been massively unstable. Hot/cold/hot/cold. We've approached both hot records and cold records. We had tornados yesterday, which is legitimately weird for February.

Bitter cold out tonight , wind blowing . I have a blazing fire going .Out of the good stuff , but I have plenty of Miller and Early Times Station. Trimmed my beard , got a month or so overdue haircut Sun , the beard was overdue .

It was in the 70's an sunny yesterday, today it's cold and sleeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I was doing yard work today and trying to get the pool open for our Easter party and now I'm covered in pollen. The pollen count today is 2402.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

typically normal and mild wet spring here in the NW...sprinkles of rain one minute, then sun, then windy, then rainy, back to brief sun...wash, rinse repeat.

Tulips are up early again this year....its been warmer more than freezing....40-50-60....warmer nights. Been nice not burning the woodstove. Saving lots of wood.

Winter sucked in New England.

Muddy mild and piss warm.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it is to storm again tomorrow . Feed lot is just now starting to dry out for the first time since the thaw.

Wet snow today.

Denver airport shut down.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Wet snow today.

Rumors are they have aliens stored underneath that airport , guess they do not shovel snow .

Wet snow today.

Uber drivers made bank today. Was at 8.5x surge for much of the day
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Rumors are they have aliens stored underneath that airport , guess they do not shovel snow .
    I think it is built over an Injun burial ground, so it is cursed.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I doubt it , the Arapaho were an Algonquian root language people who migrated there from Minnesota when pushed out by the Ojibwe . The language similar to the Gros Ventre . I dunno , but doubt they buried the dead . I did pick up three nice artifacts today. Two Paleo lance points from Illinois , one three inch the other 3 1/2 and a 3/1/4 inch Archaic knife blade recovered in Indiana , looks to be made from KY gray . After I enjoy them for awhile I might be able to let you have them for 56 FRN's or so .
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-24-2016 at 01:21 AM.

Jan2017

Neither the aliens or the earthlings are doing much shovelling . . .
    roads are only just starting to get plowed after a full night and a full day of the biggest snowflakes.
    Extremely wet and heavy stuff, but - honestly - I never have seen so many kids with big smiles playing with it all since it's kinda warm and no wind.
    Such rumors are certainly part of the airport’s folklore among DIA employees and frequent travelers. This is usually in reference to the pedestrian bridge
    arching between the main Jeppesen Terminal building and Concourse A. It is on these moving walkways that visitors will hear the sounds of Native American chants
    being played from speakers in a continuous loop.

As the story goes, the airport was constructed on top of burial grounds and spiritual sites used for centuries by the native tribes that populated
    the Front Range before the coming of the White Man. The perpetual playing of Native American songs in the 365-foot-long bridge was originally
    initiated by officials as a way to placate any angry spirits who might want to pull a Poltergeist or The Shining on one of the nation’s busiest airports.
    http://diaconspiracyfiles.com/2009/0...urial-grounds/
    Last edited by Jan2017; 03-24-2016 at 07:00 AM.

I went out to the feed lot before 9 AM and it was snowing .

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am thinking of building a fire , I am wet and cold .Probably 50 out and pouring rain .

Back to 70 and sunny today

Winter was a fizzle. A few dramatic swings and then it was over. Oh well.

Back to 70 and sunny today
    So you went today in your shorts?

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Page 10 of 126 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast