Page 56 of 126 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 3775

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

Probably going to get out a pair of my wool socks . Had my flannel shirt on since I got out of the shower today .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Been in the low to high 70s all day.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Raining again . Rain tomorrow . I am going to an auction to look at a sprayer . Guess I should take muh rain jacket . I think I have had it since the early 90's it is starting to fall apart . Maybe Danke will get me one .
    Do something Danke

Beautiful day.

I worked until 6 and then I had a beer and a shot with a regular who's dad died a few weeks ago. He was alone and I couldn't let him drink alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Raining again .
    Do something Danke

Sunny. I have to work tonight. There's a big party of 25 coming in the bar at 7 pm. Apparently, it's some kind of funeral after party.

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cloudy right now. Not supposed to rain until the afternoon.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I am not even checking the rain gauge and am calling two inches of rain today . Should be within a 1/4 inch . Got soaked to the bone for hours but bought a sprayer at the auction today , also picked up a wheel barrow , standard tap & die set , two half inch drive sets , a bottle jack , three gallons of anti freeze , a gallon of weed killer , bottle of jack oil , gallon of bug killer , gallon of Bar & chain oil , three pipe wrenches , 16" pair of Channelocks , two gear pullers , some rasps , a tea pot , a childrens toy sewing machine , a desk lamp , 2 1/2 gallon old style gas can , small shop vac , two suitcases and got out for 147.00 . The sprayer was worth that , I can pull it behind my tractor . Hopefully Danke will lend me some cash to go towards my sprayer . I checked to see if he had one he was not using , but no luck .
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-15-2019 at 04:39 PM.
    Do something Danke

Rain forecast Sun , Mon , Tue & Wed also.
    Do something Danke

I say up to four inches of rain now for today .
    Do something Danke

This rain needs to stop. Its literally rained for most of the week for the past few weeks.

Calvin Coolidge

56 right now. The high for today is 65.

Calvin Coolidge

Rain this afternoon , thunderstorms tonight , rain in the forecast the next ten days which will be 16 days in a row I think . Hard to tell , losing count .Avg is well over an inch a day this month.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    56 right now. The high for today is 65.
    Here will kick global cooling deniers in the balls .
    Do something Danke

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Finished my second round of bridge repairs this yr today . Ready for the next round of storms tonight .
    Do something Danke

Supposed to rain for the next four days.

Calvin Coolidge

Raining , but I did manage to get half the ditch mowed . Nobby front tractor tires flipping muddy water right into the air it is so wet, back tires leaving a nice streak of mud on my nice lawn .
    Do something Danke

Sunny right now. Isn't supposed to rain until 4.

Calvin Coolidge

A few more inches of rain today .
    Do something Danke

Yesterday it would be sunny for an hour and then pour down rain for 10 minutes and then you could watch the street smoke for 15 minutes when the sun came back out. The devil even beat his wife a few times. (My granny used to tell me that's what was happening when the sun was shining and it was raining at the same time)

Today, we have a 60% chance of rain.

Dark and gloomy out right now.

Calvin Coolidge

I was going to try and mow some in the wet today but by noon it was raining again .
    Do something Danke

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hot and sunny. I spent most of the day in the pool. I finally got the solar cover bagged up (it's been piled up in the garage) and put away and loaded up a bunch of junk to donate. Mr A started trying to pull stuff outta my junk pile but I made him go away. That man is a pack rat. He tried to pick out some hoses that came with our new pool pump. We don't use hoses and we will never use hoses - our system has to be hard piped. He also tried to pull out the kids old broken air soft guns. WTF is wrong with that man? He's going to have a cow when I start going through his stuff. He likes to buy toilet flaps. He's concerned we're going to have a toilet flap emergency in all of our bathrooms at the same time when all the stores are closed.

Raining out , rain is the forecast through Tue . I am thinking that will be around 25 consecutive days or so .
    Do something Danke

Raining of course .Put on my ol' rotting 1980's rain jacket and went to the dump . then got a chainsaw and cut a tree that had slid down a hillside into a state highway. Wish I knew where to get a rainjacket just like this one . I cannot remember but think I got it out of a Herters catalog on clearance . It has two outside pockets which are just big enough for your hands or a box of 12 Ga shells ea . I used it for fishing in the rain and duck hunting mostly . I caught a lot of big Crappie and took a lot of Wood Ducks for the table in that jacket . It is insulated with something like a quilted field jacket liner , I do not know the brand because the tag is faded out to plain white It has an old style camo pattern like WW II or a Marsh land camo .
    Do something Danke

Not raining yet . might go down to the flea market if Mrs O will give me some of my change back from the 30.00 I gave her yesterday to get me a small box of drywall screws .
    Do something Danke

Rained for a few minutes when I was helping out my bro at a house hes renovating.

Calvin Coolidge

Big storm blew in today , rain Mon through Thurs is the forecast , I think by Friday it would make 28 days in a row with many more to come but I have lost count .
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-23-2019 at 07:55 PM.
    Do something Danke

Extended forecast is showing 20 to 40 percent chance of rain every day from Wed through July 7 with 80 percent tonight . 90 percent tomorrow . I am mowing on Tue regardless. Looks like we will be at 40 days of consecutive rain by Jul 7 or something . Maybe this is how it was in the Jurassic .
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-23-2019 at 08:27 PM.
    Do something Danke

Rained a lot this morning but I did get my hair trimmed up a bit . Maybe Danke would get me a nice pair of scissors .
    Do something Danke

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.