Page 25 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

I better get to the store before all the bread and milk is sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

The Apocalypse of Atlanta is coming . I hope you are ready . I will have some bourbon and smoked oysters in front of the fire in solidarity for you .

I sent Mr A to the Kroger to get what he wanted to eat for the next few days and some cashew milk for muh coffee and he came back with a pack Hawaiian burger buns off the clearance rack, half a gallon of Cashew milk, a couple of tubs of ice cream, a roll of paper towels (we don't use paper towels), paper plates, eggs, and a couple of pounds of bacon. Looks like it's bacon, eggs, stale Hawaiian rolls, and ice cream off paper plates for the next few days.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    The Apocalypse of Atlanta is coming . I hope you are ready . I will have some bourbon and smoked oysters in front of the fire in solidarity for you .
    I think I'm gonna make it but I pulled the Meyer lemon tree inside just in case. My mother paid 50.00 for that $#@!ing tree and we only got one hard lemon off the damn thing. If I don't get any fruit this year, I'm gonna let it freeze to death.

I sent Mr A to the Kroger to get what he wanted to eat for the next few days and some cashew milk for muh coffee and he came back with a pack Hawaiian burger buns off the clearance rack, half a gallon of Cashew milk, a couple of tubs of ice cream, a roll of paper towels (we don't use paper towels), paper plates, eggs, and a couple of pounds of bacon. Looks like it's bacon, eggs, stale Hawaiian rolls, and ice cream off paper plates for the next few days.
    He probably just bought all 9 items left in the store . Tell him I said good job .

You’re in the prayers of some of us.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I got to Aldis at 8:15 am, rented my cart and the doors wouldn't open.
    ?

We had a frog strangler tonight
    ???

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    ?

???
    I think that’s southern for,”choked the chicken.”
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

?
    It costs .25 to rent a buggy at Aldis.

???
    A gully washer, sod soaker, duck drowner, raining cats and dogs...

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I think that’s southern for,”choked the chicken.”
    Nope. But you can choke the chicken during a frog strangler.

True story

My mom calls to see if we're getting snow. It was snowing but no accumulation. Anyway, she goes on telling me (deadly serious) that she told her husband they had to get to the grocery store. He wonders what they need because they just went last night. And my mom explains that was just to stock up on bread an milk, they needed something to go with it. That's how ya get milk sammiches.

It costs .25 to rent a buggy at Aldis.
    Yer kidding, right?

We've gotten an inch. Calling for up to 5" more. Pissed because this might cancel the Cat Square, NC Christmas parade, which is about the only thing that puts me in the holiday spirit. It's a fine Christmas Redneck parade complete with Tractors, swamp buggies, scads of Shriners and their go-carts, scores of classic cars and rat rods, and about 100 horses and a mule at the tail end of it all. Lasts about 3-4 hrs. usually. About 40 friends get together in a field on the side of the road and all bring covered dishes. Bah-humbug.

Yer kidding, right?
    Nope. It's like that at all of them. I actually like it because they're right, it does keep the parking lot from being littered with buggies. I actually have a small dent in my van because of a rogue cart some lazy ass didn't take to a corral.

You get your quarter back when you return the cart, btw.

Q. Why do I need a quarter to use a shopping cart at ALDI?
    A. The shopping cart rental system is one of many ALDI efficiencies that enable us to keep our prices so low. New customers may be surprised by the simple, yet innovative, cart rental system, and usually come to appreciate its many benefits. Not only do customers get their deposit back, there are no stray carts taking up space in the parking lot or causing dents to cars. By not having to hire someone to police the shopping carts, we are able to pass the savings on to our customers.

Yer kidding, right?
    It is a deposit . It spits yer quarter out when you return it . This way they do not have to hire an employee to bring them in and they pay the cashier more .

True story

My mom calls to see if we're getting snow. It was snowing but no accumulation. Anyway, she goes on telling me (deadly serious) that she told her husband they had to get to the grocery store. He wonders what they need because they just went last night. And my mom explains that was just to stock up on bread an milk, they needed something to go with it. That's how ya get milk sammiches.
    I got Roast beef .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I got Roast beef .
    I don't know what she got. My best guess is chili because that's her go to snow-jam food. I dunno why because her chili sucks. I'd rather go hungry for a day.

For lunch, Mr Animal BBQed chicken and drank a bottle of Port wine he's been trying to pawn off on me for a about a year (I hate port) and for dinner, he and #2 son made some shortbread cookies from a recipe they found on the internet. I swear they tasted like homemade Twix bars. He and number one son made some liverwurst sammiches. Damn, those things are nasty. *gag* I tried to talk my son out of eating it but he liked them. At least Mr A let me give him my if you don't like liver, why would you eat the wurst of the liver speech?

BTW, we don't have any accumulation. We do have a lot of ice, though and it's still sleeting.

I don't know what she got. My best guess is chili because that's her go to snow-jam food. I dunno why because her chili sucks. I'd rather go hungry for a day.

For lunch, Mr Animal BBQed chicken and drank a bottle of Port wine he's been trying to pawn off on me for a about a year (I hate port) and for dinner, he and #2 son made some shortbread cookies from a recipe they found on the internet. I swear they tasted like homemade Twix bars. He and number one son made some liverwurst sammiches. Damn, those things are nasty. *gag* I tried to talk my son out of eating it but he liked them. At least Mr A let me give him my if you don't like liver, why would you eat the wurst of the liver speech?

BTW, we don't have any accumulation. We do have a lot of ice, though and it's still sleeting.
    I BBQ some fantastic chicken , but not today , too much to do . I have to haul all of Mrs O's weekly trash to the dump . My Grandma switched to port wine in her 80's when her Dr talked her into giving up 100 proof bourbon . I bet the port would be good with BBQ chicken .
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-09-2017 at 01:29 PM.

Twenty and snowing here . Much nicer than yesterday mornings 11 degrees or the previous afternoons 15 MPH wind . Back to 45 and sunny on Mon .

I was wrong about not getting snow. When Mr A woke up I told him we didn't have any and he peeked outside and chuckled. I dunno how I missed the two inches on the ground.

I BBQ some fantastic chicken , but not today , too much to do . I have to haul all of Mrs O's weekly trash to the dump . My Grandma switched to port wine in her 80's when her Dr talked her into giving up 100 proof bourbon . I bet the port would be good with BBQ chicken .
    Port with BBQ?

Holy Diabetes Batman...very very sweet.

So I may come into some venison when I get home.

Thinking about cooking it for a side dish at Christmas dinner.

Since Christmas dinner at the AF household is Italian themed, I was thinking of a venison Marsala.

74° here and partly cloudy. According to my weather app, it's going to be in the 80s over the next few days.

But I'm planning to go somewhere where it's snowy, so in about a week I'll be freezing.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

well, it's a balmy 54 here right now.. been misting a day or so. I put on a heavier t-shirt
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Since Christmas dinner at the AF household is Italian themed, I was thinking of a venison Marsala.
    I like cooking it in a little mushroom gravy and having it with potatoes .

Do y'all do the Feast of the Seven Fishes? My Italian next door neighbor does and I'm thinking of abandoning my family and joining her for Christmas Eve dinner.

It's cold. I'm in the sun room wearing a parka right now. I have my fake fireplace space heater on but it's barely keeping my feet warm. When it's really cold, I like to warm it up out here because all my plants are huddled up in here for the winter. I have a pepper plant that still looks great, btw. I got a lot of peppers off of it this summer and if I keep it alive, I might get a few more. This past summer I decided to plant food in all the pots around the pool and it worked out well. It was awfully convenient having a huge pot of mint handy for mojitos without having to traipse around the yard..

It's cold. I'm in the sun room wearing a parka right now. I have my fake fireplace space heater on but it's barely keeping my feet warm. When it's really cold, I like to warm it up out here because all my plants are huddled up in here for the winter. I have a pepper plant that still looks great, btw. I got a lot of peppers off of it this summer and if I keep it alive, I might get a few more. This past summer I decided to plant food in all the pots around the pool and it worked out well. It was awfully convenient having a huge pot of mint handy for mojitos without having to traipse around the yard..
    Probably best you are huddled in the sun room . Could be dangerous in town by now . All the milk and bread will be gone, what will they eat ?

Originally Posted by Suzanimal

We had a frog strangler tonight
    So made me think: frog fellatio.

And that made me think: "fa g frogs".

Which made me think of this...

Do y'all do the Feast of the Seven Fishes? My Italian next door neighbor does and I'm thinking of abandoning my family and joining her for Christmas Eve dinner.
    We do. The In-laws family come from sicily just a couple generations back and they are in the seafood business so its a big deal. Its my favorite big family eating event of the year. And since our kid is an absolute shark when it comes to seafood its his favorite too. (close second is the newyears day lunch with our eggplant parm and raviolis)