Page 33 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

Ugh, the outer bands of Alberto are giving us more rain. This summer is off to a sucky start. I need to see the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Ugh, the outer bands of Alberto are giving us more rain. This summer is off to a sucky start. I need to see the sun.

It was so hot yesterday I had to sit in the shade to protect my beer while watching Mrs O painted the trim around my garage door .
    Do something Danke

It is so hot today that the wasps on the back porch are not even trying to get away while I kill them with a handball racket .
    Do something Danke

What's an Injun doing with a handball racket? Killing wasps.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Swampy.
    The sun is shining and it's raining. When I was a kid, my Granny told me that meant the Devil was beating his wife.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Welp, it looks like trees are coming down around Atlanta. Every time we get rain and a little wind, they come down. I lost 2 or 3 (can't remember) during the hurricane last September.

Welp, it looks like trees are coming down around Atlanta. Every time we get rain and a little wind, they come down. I lost 2 or 3 (can't remember) during the hurricane last September.

You're in my prayers.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Still raining...2018 weather has been crazy
    So far, we've had...
    freezing cold
    one week of summer
    monsoon
    o_O

My tan is fading and Mr A is getting tired of dodging my honey do list. According to the forecast, I have him today and tomorrow. After that, the sun is suppose to come out and then he will spend his days off on golf.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rained all day today and it was only 80 out . Feels pretty good out really , best in awhile .
    Do something Danke

Bad storm blew through . Rumors are a lot of damage just south east of me . Hopefully my power comes back on tonight . Got the generator running now to power up the laptop and muh router .
    Do something Danke

Looks like no power tonight , maybe tomorrow ......
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Looks like no power tonight , maybe tomorrow ......
    We had some string storms move through last night and our power kept blinking on and off. Hope you get restored today.

Had another nasty storm move through. I have a branch that broke and is stuck in a tree in my yard and I was hoping the storms would knock it down for me. They didn't.

I also accidentally left my sunroof open to dry out my car from accidentally leaving my sunroof open yesterday and it got rained in again.

Mr A just called to tell me the sky looks like he's entering an Apocalypse movie and it's heading my way and then he laughed because I'm home alone and I get really scared.

Pray for me Danke.

Edited to add

People are posting pics of the crazy storm on Twitter.

Last edited by Suzanimal; 06-01-2018 at 03:20 PM.

We had some string storms move through last night and our power kept blinking on and off. Hope you get restored today.
    No power today , maybe tomorrow . I made it home around 6 just in time to bbq a dozen chicken legs and a couple brats , fill up the generator and check livestock and collect eggs before the next storm got here . Now I will feast .
    Do something Danke

My bi annual , bearded power company repairmen is here with a crew of three to do some pole climbing up on top of the ridge north of me . Probably get muh electric back today once they string the wire back up .
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not raining now , so after the big breakfast probably do some mowing . I have a big week this week , too much to do so I need to get that out of the way .
    Do something Danke

Pretty nice out yesterday & today , probably the nicest two consecutive days of the year so far.
    Do something Danke

Another nice day today . A guy could get used to it . I went to the license branch and for 17.50 renewed my drivers license for 18 months with the state . I have until then to find a birth certificate to get a Real ID license so Danke can fly me to Africa for safari .
    Do something Danke

Another nice day today . A guy could get used to it . I went to the license branch and for 17.50 renewed my drivers license for 18 months with the state . I have until then to find a birth certificate to get a Real ID license so Danke can fly me to Africa for safari .

I don't fly to Jules' homeland. But I do to yours. Want to see the Great Wall your kind built to prevent foreign invaders? You could have learned a few lessons from them...but too late now, I guess.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Pray for me Danke.

I always do. But I'm afraid in your case it is too late.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I don't fly to Jules' homeland. But I do to yours. Want to see the Great Wall your kind built to prevent foreign invaders? You could have learned a few lessons from them...but too late now, I guess.
    When I go to Africa I always stay a little South of Jules neck of the woods . The thought of millions of skinny people in Che shirts frightens me .
    Do something Danke

Hot today . Over 90 I think , thats a bit warm for first week of June . Probably because of the global cooling and our record April snowfalls .
    Do something Danke

Been hawt and beautiful all week. Mr A went to work tonight and called to warn me to close my sunroof because rain is headed my way. I'm so glad he called. I had so much water in my car last time I was scooping it out with a cup.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Monsoons all day and still .
    Do something Danke

Monsoons all day and still .

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Looks like that guy has my kevlar vest .
    Do something Danke

I got in the pool with the boys at 12:30. It was beautiful but they were playing basketball and disturbing my prime floating time. I yelled at them and they started "goating" me around the pool. (Goating is a made up term for slinging someone around on their float) I kicked them out at 1:30 and an ugly black cloud formed and it started storming. I was so disappointed. It's been storming off and on all afternoon.

Raining here again all morning so I drug some more logs out of the woods . I need to mow . Maybe tomorrow .
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-12-2018 at 12:47 PM.
    Do something Danke

Looks like I will have to mow Thurs , still raining .
    Do something Danke

Page 33 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast