Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 468694959697 LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 2892

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

Central TX right now:

Roads are impassable without chains. I have a good all-weather vehicle and tires but that's still not good enough for scaling hills on sheet-ice.

It hit 80 degrees last week.

No water service (I'm fortunate to still have electricity) so I'm melting snow to make grey-water to flush the toilet...
    Jesus Is Lord

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Got two inches last night , getting an inch an hour now total supposed to be 8 - 12 and stop by midnight. I have the fire going , have a rick and a half of wood in the basement , some beef stew in the crockpot and I shoveled out the mouth of the drive. Done for the day.I had a big coin sale scheduled foe tomorrow that is cancelled until next week. Guy has an hour drive to meet me .
    Do something Danke

Cloudy with a high of 22
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Due to global warming 18 inches of snow past two days. I had the end of the drive shoveled out by 9am , started at 6 am and I had it clear at 5 pm last night. I am canceling winter on Saturday .
    Do something Danke

Mostly sunny with a high of 22.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Mostly sunny with a high of 22.
    What did you do to deserve such a warm and balmy day ?
    Do something Danke

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Central TX right now:

Roads are impassable without chains. I have a good all-weather vehicle and tires but that's still not good enough for scaling hills on sheet-ice.

It hit 80 degrees last week.

No water service (I'm fortunate to still have electricity) so I'm melting snow to make grey-water to flush the toilet...
    The water lines out on the street frozen ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    What did you do to deserve such a warm and balmy day ?
    Must be my love for freedom and liberty.

Calvin Coolidge

The water lines out on the street frozen ?
    I think our water mains are live because some people have water. But the property managers are shutting off water to any property that has power outage (to prevent pipes freezing) or leaks. I have electricity (thanks be to God!), but I am without water service. We're on the downhill slope, though, as the Arctic blast front is already being driven back to the North...
    Jesus Is Lord

Light snow with a high of 26.

Calvin Coolidge

this is a great year for ice fishing.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    this is a great year for ice fishing.
    i could go for some yellow perch
    Do something Danke

snowing again
    Do something Danke

i could go for some yellow perch
    When ice fishing, keep an eye on your catch if you leave it outside. Injuns are usually around to steal it.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    When ice fishing, keep an eye on your catch if you leave it outside. Injuns are usually around to steal it.
    i'll leave a bucket for you to put mine in
    Do something Danke

Clear with a high of 22.

Calvin Coolidge

10 when I went to the feed lot this morning , 7 tonight and then , finally that is it for the single digits. Teens on sat night then getting back to normal . Brutal Feb , similar to the 1970's. Guess those dem **** cancelled global warming for another century .
    Do something Danke

Tomorrow afternoon the Great Sachem Oyarde declares the end of winter here in the Southern Land of Indians .I will be the most beloved Sagamore .
    Do something Danke

Sunny with a high of 26.

Calvin Coolidge

Cloudy with a high of 35.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Cloudy with a high of 35.
    heat wave. Winter is over here .
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-21-2021 at 09:32 AM.
    Do something Danke

I have to say it was a good winter here this year...
    "I am a bird"

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Since winter is now declared over I got up on the roof on the North side today and shoveled off two feet of snow and ice.
    Do something Danke

Cloudy with a high of 37.

Calvin Coolidge

Sunny with a high of 41.

Calvin Coolidge

Nice and sunny . Sweet.
    Do something Danke

Mostly cloudy with a high of 40.

Calvin Coolidge

So glad winter is over . Even got some sunshine going on , of course it would take three weeks of sunshine to dry out the ground now that the two feet of snow and several inches of ice have melted
    Do something Danke

Freezing fog with a high of 39.

Calvin Coolidge

Partly sunny with a high of 42.

Calvin Coolidge

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 468694959697 LastLast