Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

Glorious sunshine this morning .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Cold last night and this morning , dropped about 25 degrees after getting another inch of snow . According to the extended forecast only three more nights under 20 between now and middle of the month. Excellent news .

Today I stacked up some big rounds of pine . I think I will split them later and use them for my glorious Battle of the Wabash annual bonfire .

Nice fire tonight , maybe some freezing rain later tonight and flurries tomorrow then back in the forties next week .

Been a cold winter here in Minnesota. I wonder if the Injun could deliver me some of his chopped wood.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Been a cold winter here in Minnesota. I wonder if the Injun could deliver me some of his chopped wood.
    Wood is very expensive in Feb .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Wood is very expensive in Feb .
    I got beads.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I got beads.
    I like the shiny 22kt gold beads this time of year .

I like the shiny 22kt gold beads this time of year .
    Winter is over here.. been in the 80s for the past few days - also - 18 kt rose gold beads make me smile more than yellow gold
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    Winter is over here.. been in the 80s for the past few days - also - 18 kt rose gold beads make me smile more than yellow gold
    Yes they are beautiful .

Another - what has been a very typical day - on this side of the Rockies for the winter(?) of 2018 . . .

62 high today Wednesday . . . with forecast for 2 inches of snow tonight.

The next day's melt of snow this winter produces consistent water runoff . . .
    already this week a quite cold blizzard of snow this Monday, melted by Tuesday at these lower (5300 ft.) elevations
    The higher elevations and western slope with deep snowpack still - all for ski resorts fun.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 02-14-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Started raining today with a chance of rain in the extended forecast every day the remainder of the month but three . Mud is three inches deep now . ought to be like quicksand by march 1 .

My past three gas bills were 60 , 83 & 81 . Got the last high one of the yr today . Those were even better than I expected but I burned wood anytime it was under 20 degrees . To celebrate I got my hair trimmed for the first time this winter . It is 70 today . Once again the Great Sagamore has defeated winter .

I am thinking this Feb will be a precipitation record here .

I am thinking this Feb will be a precipitation record here .
    Winter Storm Oliver . . . soil moisture could be great.

Will they restart the alphabet soup on March 21 equinox . . . spring storm Abe or sometin' (?)

If that wicked heathen Danke would make the proper sacrifice of two goats to Son of Odin , Thor the storm god , maybe the spring equinox storms could be averted .

If that wicked heathen Danke would make the proper sacrifice of two goats to Son of Odin , Thor the storm god , maybe the spring equinox storms could be averted .
    In the meantime , the next winter storm (2018 edition) has been named officially - Polly
    "The arc of the universe is curved - but it bends toward justice." - MLK

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829