Page 42 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 3775

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Try again.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Weatherologists predicting first snowpocalypse in the Piedmont, N.C. this weekend. 20"! Doom! Stock up! Prepare!

Bit early to tell. I predict 3"-6" Sat. through Mon. morning at this point. There will be plenty of moisture. Depends on the temps.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Weatherologists predicting first snowpocalypse in the Piedmont, N.C. this weekend. 20"! Doom! Stock up! Prepare!

Bit early to tell. I predict 3"-6" Sat. through Mon. morning at this point. There will be plenty of moisture. Depends on the temps.
    Go early before the milk and bread runs out!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Go early before the milk and bread runs out!
    I'm good. I read on the interwebz that one bottle of beer equals the kilojoule value of approximately seven slices of bread.

Colder this morning than yesterday but it looks like another beautiful day in the suburbs of Hawtlanta.

The boys told me they were going to be home today and had plans to game with friends but I have made plans for them to rake the yard again. The weekend storms blew down a bunch of leaves and the driveway is covered. I also plan on having them move all my plants before they die and get up in the attic and get out my Christmas costumes. I need my elf hat for work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

"I have made plans for them..."

My mom never tried that with me.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Colder this morning than yesterday but it looks like another beautiful day in the suburbs of Hawtlanta.

The boys told me they were going to be home today and had plans to game with friends but I have made plans for them to rake the yard again. The weekend storms blew down a bunch of leaves and the driveway is covered. I also plan on having them move all my plants before they die and get up in the attic and get out my Christmas costumes. I need my elf hat for work.
    Rake? Do you have them chisel rocks for your Flintstone's wheels when you get a flat?

Rake? Do you have them chisel rocks for your Flintstone's wheels when you get a flat?
    LOL, we have a blower (brand new in the box) but (and this is kinda mean) they haven't noticed it in the shed so I didn't say anything. Last week, Mr A started to go get it out for them but I told him not to, I wanted some peace and quiet.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

I'm good. I read on the interwebz that one bottle of beer equals the kilojoule value of approximately seven slices of bread.
    I figured a Guiness would be a loaf .
    Do something Danke

Only down to 30 last night but not really supposed to warm up today ( 34) so I have a fire going . I have an Oak kitchen table to pick up this evening , otherwise I would not have to leave the house .
    Do something Danke

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL, we have a blower (brand new in the box) but (and this is kinda mean) they haven't noticed it in the shed so I didn't say anything. Last week, Mr A started to go get it out for them but I told him not to, I wanted some peace and quiet.
    Unused in the box would make a nice Christmas present.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Only down to 30 last night but not really supposed to warm up today ( 34) so I have a fire going . I have an Oak kitchen table to pick up this evening , otherwise I would not have to leave the house .
    Things are tough on the reservation when you have to start burning furniture.

Things are tough on the reservation when you have to start burning furniture.
    A couple of my old kitchen chairs are getting close to consider that reasonable but I Thought I would put them all out by the road with a free sign . Three or four of them are OK . The table is fine so I will send it to the outbuilding and hold it for one of the grandkids or repurpose it to a work bench .
    Do something Danke

A couple of my old kitchen chairs are getting close to consider that reasonable but I Thought I would put them all out by the road with a free sign . Three or four of them are OK . The table is fine so I will send it to the outbuilding and hold it for one of the grandkids or repurpose it to a work bench .
    Never put something out with a "free" sign. People will think there is something wrong with it. Place a sign that says "$25 OBO" and a thief will take it at nightfall.

I bought a Ryobi from Home Depot so all of my 1/4 & 1/2" impact wrench batteries would fit it , but yeah it is loud .
    Do something Danke

I bought a Ryobi from Home Depot so all of my 1/4 & 1/2" impact wrench batteries would fit it , but yeah it is loud .
    As long as their whining is quieter than the blower, they will be raking.

As long as their whining is quieter than the blower, they will be raking.
    I just use mine on the back porch . I just chop up leaves with the mower . When I was a kid we had a three acre wooded lawn that I raked . Raked them onto a tarp and drug them to a burn pile in a clearing in the woods . All my Dads idea .By the time you got done it was time to start again . I own three leaf rakes I bought at yard sales and auctions over the years but mostly I use them for push poles when doing other things .
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-04-2018 at 02:02 PM.
    Do something Danke

Sleeting out now , a change from this mornings flurries . These are like tiny hail balls .
    Do something Danke

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde
    I have one of the Ryobi blowers also. Works well but beware of the exploding plastic "fan" piece inside. Expect to have to replace the plastic fan part within a year or so. It blew into a bunch of sharp pieces out of nowhere.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I have one of the Ryobi blowers also. Works well but beware of the exploding plastic "fan" piece inside. Expect to have to replace the plastic fan part within a year or so. It blew into a bunch of sharp pieces out of nowhere.
    Yeah this thing works great but I just bought it last spring so who knows ? . I have been using it though about five minutes every morning since end of Sept .
    Do something Danke

Very cold this morning. So cold Mr A didn't even play golf. He is busy cooking me some food.

I am conspiring by the (fake) fire space heater to face unafraid the plans that I've made to get Mr A to take me out tonight.

Stacked some wood today . Got out a couple pair of rusty Vise Grips I bought at a yard sale long ago for a FRN each and knocked the rust off them with a wire wheel and oiled them up . Down to 19 tonight so of course I have the fire going .
    Do something Danke

Stacked some wood today . Got out a couple pair of rusty Vise Grips I bought at a yard sale long ago for a FRN each and knocked the rust off them with a wire wheel and oiled them up . Down to 19 tonight so of course I have the fire going .
    If you get Danke to buy you a fake fire space heater you will not have to deal with firewood. Since Danke is rich he could even afford the ones with realistic crackling noise.

If you get Danke to buy you a fake fire space heater you will not have to deal with firewood. Since Danke is rich he could even afford the ones with realistic crackling noise.
    It would be a better deal if he just pd my electric bill . I would have one in ea room . The way I was brought up you are supposed to look after the elderly . Danke needs to step up and help me out .
    Do something Danke

Down to 19 again tonight so I have the fire roaring . Rumors are armegeddon is on the way to Appalachia . Danke will probably be down there looting if he has the weekend off .
    Do something Danke

Down to 19 again tonight so I have the fire roaring . Rumors are armegeddon is on the way to Appalachia . Danke will probably be down there looting if he has the weekend off .
    He has a purty mouth - he better be careful.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Probably spend the next four days chucking wood , splitting wood , stacking wood . Time to work off all that Thanksgivings pies .
    Do something Danke

Probably spend the next four days chucking wood , splitting wood , stacking wood . Time to work off all that Thanksgivings pies .
    I think your spirit animal is the woodchuck.

Cold rain. I have to work at the bar this morning. I don't think there are any games that will draw in my drinking crowd. I'm hoping sex doll Steve and Crazy Brow come in so I won't be bored.

Cold friggin rain. We are under a cold rain flooding watch. I'm glad the night shift came in early because I didn't want to be stuck in cold rain traffic.

I split a lot of wood this morning , pretty cool out but the sunshine is wonderful . I think if I whip out about four more rick for Feb I am good this year
    Do something Danke

Page 42 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast