Page 93 of 126 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 3775

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I split a rick of wood today , might do another soon and then hold off . Thermometer said 28 when I was outside working . Laying by the fire now taking it easy . Waiting for that slacker Danke to bring me some ammo .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1610387321122.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	414.1 KB 
ID:	7944
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ya that Jackson guy not very trustworthy . Around here we mostly like 50's and 100's anyway .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-12-2021 at 05:49 AM.

Sunny with a high of 37.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Sunny this afternoon for a change , I like it .

Mostly cloudy with a high of 42.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Cloudy with a high of 40.

Calvin Coolidge

Cleaned out some ashes today and got the fire going slightly , last day to hit 40 I think . Back in the 20's tonight and Sun night on . Pretty mild overall like last year . Last year March was as cold or colder than Jan - Feb .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-16-2021 at 04:09 PM.

Light snow with a high of 39.

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe three inches of snow . Not sure what We are doing for dinner tonight . I've been loafing on the net looking at silver dollars .

Snow with a high of 34.

Calvin Coolidge

Cloudy with a high of 30.

Calvin Coolidge

Snowed for the third or fourth day now , I've lost count . I ran up north towards Franklin ( about as far north as I care to go anymore ) to pick up some silver. There is a bar there across from the Courthouse I'm going to have to check out sometime .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Snowed for the third or fourth day now , I've lost count . I ran up north towards Franklin ( about as far north as I care to go anymore ) to pick up some silver. There is a bar there across from the Courthouse I'm going to have to check out sometime .
    I'm still going through my mom and dad's house, clearing crap out to get it on the market. Was pleasantly surprised to find a Silver Eagle that had fallen behind a desk.
    I've got about 1.5 cords cut and ready to split all hickory. Feeling a little older this year so a friend is going to bring his log splitter over this weekend. I think my manual splitting days are over. Lol.

Cloudy with a high of 29.

Calvin Coolidge

Sunny today , sweet , melt that $#@! and turn it all into mud , lol

Partly sunny with a high of 32.

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    50 tomorrow then 18 Fri night .

Mostly sunny with a high of 41.

Calvin Coolidge

Cold and wet. Mr A didn't even play golf. I took Brian Setzer to meet his cousin Yuki today. He is kitten sitting for me next week and I wanted to make sure Brian and Yuki would get along. They were fine but just in case I took Brian in his Security hoodie. He's so $#@!ing cute. Mr A was mad that I made him wear clothes but Mr A is a pervert nudist.

I think the Security Hoodie establishes dominance.

Last edited by Suzanimal; 01-21-2021 at 09:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Sunny with a high of 22.

Calvin Coolidge

Going to be witch titty cold tonight so I got muh fire rolling along good about 9:30 am this morning .

I covered up my garlic with mulch and spinach and kale are doing real good as usual.

Mostly sunny with a high of 31.

Calvin Coolidge

I think it was about 17 when I made my trip to the dump about 9 this morning . Not supposed to be cold again really rest of the month except Thurs night ( 20) .

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cloudy with a high of 35.

Calvin Coolidge

Today right at day break a nice sleet and ice pellet storm rolls in . I went 8 mile down the road to look at a pickup , only saw one bad accident.That car was totaled but everyone was alright. Guy wants 5300 for that truck , V8 w/ 107K 4 wh dr small dodge extended cab . I might give him 4300 if it didnt have a little rust on the rear fenders . I think if I bought it I'd swap those out.

High today of 43 in western N.C. Just cold enough not to have to put the beer on ice. Finally going to get around to splitting some wood shortly. Friends splitter was out on his muddy property and he was just able to get it out. Good day. Beer and wood. Maybe some pistol practice.

I did split about a half rick of wood today , maybe another rick Fri or Sun . I'll probably be good from there .

Cloudy with a high of 36.

Calvin Coolidge

Trees are getting covered in ice now so I restarted my fire from last night . I was going to let it go out until Thurs and clean some coals out but these past couple days I kept it going thinking it was likely the power would go out . Thurs , Fri & Sat nght are supposed to be very cold so I chucked a half rick in the basement. I've got three rick there and 2 1/2 are dry . this today is wet but it will dry fast.

Page 93 of 126 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast