Page 28 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

'Bomb cyclone’

are they serious?
    Used to just be called winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    They are quite serious...and spun up and out of control.
    "Bombogenesis"....pffft.
    It's called a nor'easter and you usually see at least three or four every winter.
    Sorry guys, but historical sales data has demonstrated that the terms "winter weather" and "nor'easter" do not result in the desired level of frenzied buying of milk sandwiches that our advertisers want to achieve. Our focus groups have determined that our new "bomb cyclone" marketing campaign has a greater chance of success.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Specs is right , more bombs gets more milk sandwiches .

They are quite serious...and spun up and out of control.

"Bombogenesis"....pffft.

It's called a nor'easter and you usually see at least three or four every winter.

AF spotted earlier today as the Bombogenesis approaches.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

At least 3 dead as monster 'bomb cyclone' winter storm wallops Northeast

At least three people have died and more than 3,000 U.S. flights have been canceled as a massive winter storm hits the Northeast, packing heavy snow, gusty winds and the coldest air of the season.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/snowy-bomb...opstories.html
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    At least 3 dead as monster 'bomb cyclone' winter storm wallops Northeast

[FONT="]At least three people have died and more than 3,000 U.S. flights have been canceled as a massive winter storm hits the Northeast, packing [/FONT]heavy snow, gusty winds and the coldest air of the season.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/snowy-bomb...opstories.html
    Three dead in North Carolina , two from overturned truck . Maine and New Jersey govt offices closed .

I hope Donnay has some nice hot herbal tea for AF tonight.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope Donnay has some nice hot herbal tea for AF tonight.

I've got a picture of me on a fishing vessel that looks almost exactly like that.

Ice racing all winter now...

See, and @Danke could fly in to watch as well.

Alton Bay Seaplane Base (FAA LID: B18) is a state-owned, public-use seaplane base located in a cove of Lake Winnipesaukee. The base is two nautical miles (4 km) north of the central business district of Alton Bay, in Belknap County, New Hampshire, United States.[1]

Facilities and aircraft

Alton Bay Seaplane Base has one seaplane landing area designated 1/19 and measuring 2,600 x 100 feet (792 x 30 m). For the 12-month period ending 31 December 2011, the airport had 600 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 50 per month.

During the winter months, the base may seasonally open an ice runway instead of the normal seaplane landing area. This is the only FAA approved ice runway in the contiguous United States. The earliest the ice runway has opened is January 10. It is required to close no later than March 15.

See, and @Danke could fly in to watch as well.

Alton Bay Seaplane Base (FAA LID: B18) is a state-owned, public-use seaplane base located in a cove of Lake Winnipesaukee. The base is two nautical miles (4 km) north of the central business district of Alton Bay, in Belknap County, New Hampshire, United States.[1]

Facilities and aircraft

Alton Bay Seaplane Base has one seaplane landing area designated 1/19 and measuring 2,600 x 100 feet (792 x 30 m). For the 12-month period ending 31 December 2011, the airport had 600 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 50 per month.

During the winter months, the base may seasonally open an ice runway instead of the normal seaplane landing area. This is the only FAA approved ice runway in the contiguous United States. The earliest the ice runway has opened is January 10. It is required to close no later than March 15.

I have authority to approve the ice runway for Danke after Mar 15 .

Sitting in front of the fire eating lemon cake and sipping bourbon . Probably split some wood Sun afternoon , supposed to warm up for the first time since before Christmas .

Thinking about picking up some ribeyes before I pile wood on the fire .....

Today I split about a rick and a half of ash to mix in with about three rick of wood I have stacked up in the driveway . The driveway wood is leftovers from last winter and the winter before . I think with the three rick I have in the basement it will probably last for Jan & Feb . It is supposed to warm up now next couple of weeks to avg ( 37 ) highs or above so I do not expect to need much until after that . I have conquered the winter , thank the Lord.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yesterday I just walked around on the ice we got the night before and basked in the 31 degree heat with the fog . Very nice for Jan.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I am foundered , it is 50 out so I celebrated by feasting on steaks , bbq'd chicken thighs wrapped with bacon and plums .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-10-2018 at 09:55 PM.

I want to see her skin a polar bear .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I want to see her skin a polar bear .

to each his own, I don’t want to see her.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Got down in the 20s here last week..purty cold for southeast Texas. We “may” have had a snow flurry. Of course there was a run on bread and milk. Kidding aside, we need a few freezes to kill the dang fleas and skeeters from Harvey.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Kidding aside, we need a few freezes to kill the dang fleas and skeeters from Harvey.
    Lookin' on the bright side.

Wet here,, and large earth is moving around,,
    but it's January and there are flowers blooming outside the front door.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

'Bomb cyclone’

are they serious?

Used to just be called winter.
    yup, didn't ya know ?

the weather is a terrist, gonna have to go to war against it

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last night , probably three inches of rain , a half inch of ice and today maybe three inches of snow, starting tomorrow lows the next four nights between 13 degrees and minus 1 . A week from today back to highs in the 40's for a week . It is going to be really muddy when this melts , the ground was saturated on top even before this .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-12-2018 at 08:55 PM.

Currently in Kasilof, AK and it's crazy warm for this time of year. The drive here was so different than other years during winter. Hardly any ice on the bay and not enough snow for good skiing. Must be that damn global warming...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

It is 36 degrees out and it is snowing and starting to stick , the last six inches and half inch of ice just melted and it rained all day yesterday. Tomorrow 45 . Be nice if it would dry up between now and end of month to be ready for Feb.

It is 36 degrees out and it is snowing and starting to stick , the last six inches and half inch of ice just melted and it rained all day yesterday. Tomorrow 45 . Be nice if it would dry up between now and end of month to be ready for Feb.

Got the snowblower out yesterday. Over a foot fell. Injuns around here to lazy to shovel my driveway.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Got the snowblower out yesterday. Over a foot fell. Injuns around here to lazy to shovel my driveway.
    I do not shovel mine . I just put it in four wheel drive until I get out of the driveway and switch it back to two wheel drive when I get on the black top .

I do not shovel mine . I just put it in four wheel drive until I get out of the driveway and switch it back to two wheel drive when I get on the black top .
    Believe it or not that's perhaps the best way to deal with it. A lawyer I know once told me that the courts have ruled that if you do nothing and someone slips on your ice it's considered an "act of God" and you're are not liable. If on the other hand you want to "help" others and you shovel your snow but there's a slippery patch and someone slips on it you can be sued because your snow and ice removal efforts were inadequate.

Well foulk me runnin...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

A Glorious sunny day today . Be nice to get a week or two of sunshine and dry things up a bit .

Rained cats & dogs today . I will guess we are over the avg precipitation total for Jan already.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 28 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast