Page 116 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,480 of 3775

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

Snow flurries this morning .I checked the berm for any invaders. Couldnt find anyone to scalp.
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mostly cloudy with a high of 35.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Partly cloudy with a high of 34.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Partly cloudy with a high of 35.

Calvin Coolidge

Cloudy with a high of 42.

Calvin Coolidge

Rain with a high of 62.

Calvin Coolidge

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    High 70's with pollen flurries - one to two inch accumulation on cars and patio furniture but streets should remain passable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

storm blowing in , 75 degrees with wind advisory 10 am to 10 pm today , sleet and rain tomorrow.
    Do something Danke

Rain with a high of 50.

Calvin Coolidge

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day which means I'm going to get my ass kicked at work - our patio is wildly popular. I'm short staffed (yes, I've tried hiring taller staff). I had two days off which meant I spent most of my time on the phone listing to hoes bitch about other hoes, cooks whine about having to cook, and drug addict managers complain about other drug addict managers. Seriously. I have two part time managers who are probably worse than the staff. They're so bad, I can't trust them with the combination to the safe. I have to go in, open the safe, do the daily paperwork, straighten out the money from the night before (you'd think people could count to $300!!!) and, if I'm lucky, I get to go home for a few hours before I go back and close - we close at 2 am because I can't trust them on weekend nights when it's really busy. They don't even stay at work. I can't tell you how many times I've caught them sitting in their car smoking pot or leaving altogether and coming back later to clock out.

I pay 'managers' $17 an hour, plus they make bar tips which in credit cards alone are $100-$200 for am & $200-$400 for pm and they can't leave their cash drawer at $300?

I would love to fire every single one of them. I did that once - fired almost the whole staff. But, then I would have no one. I hire everyone who walks in the door and only fire for theft. Which, btw, I'm going to be calling the police on a server who I caught committing credit card fraud. So far, we've received $1000 in chargebacks and I suspect there are more to come. Not to mention the items he collected the cash for and voided off checks. That was a fiasco. Our POS system, Toast, did an update and unlocked the void function so servers could do voids without a manager swipe. Of course, when I called them about fixing it, the update took away my manager privileges and I had to get the owner who was in Costa Rica at the time to call and straighten it all out.

Then you have the customers....Yes, we had to raise our prices. No, we are not price gouging you for chicken wings. I'm sorry you walked in without a reservation with a party of 20 (!!!) and we have no where to put you on a Friday night at 7:00 pm. No, I will not ask those people to leave so you can sit down. People are $#@!ing morons.

And today is inventory so I get to go to work early and count all the booze but the weather is nice so I got that going for me.

BTW, I was lamenting about all the methed up 20 somethings and a bar regular (who claims he worked with Snowden, has classified papers on Benghazi, and says Osama bin Laden is alive and well living in San Diego. He keeps all his proof on his iphone. He also says drones follow him around. I don't know why they would bother with the drones, he sits in the bar from 2:00 pm - about 10:00 pm every day) and he told me it's because they were on ADD drugs as kids and got hooked on Meth - that actually made sense. Maybe Bin Laden is living in San Diego....
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Mostly cloudy with a high of 42.

Calvin Coolidge

Rain with a high of 45.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day which means I'm going to get my ass kicked at work - our patio is wildly popular. I'm short staffed (yes, I've tried hiring taller staff). I had two days off which meant I spent most of my time on the phone listing to hoes bitch about other hoes, cooks whine about having to cook, and drug addict managers complain about other drug addict managers. Seriously. I have two part time managers who are probably worse than the staff. They're so bad, I can't trust them with the combination to the safe. I have to go in, open the safe, do the daily paperwork, straighten out the money from the night before (you'd think people could count to $300!!!) and, if I'm lucky, I get to go home for a few hours before I go back and close - we close at 2 am because I can't trust them on weekend nights when it's really busy. They don't even stay at work. I can't tell you how many times I've caught them sitting in their car smoking pot or leaving altogether and coming back later to clock out.

I pay 'managers' $17 an hour, plus they make bar tips which in credit cards alone are $100-$200 for am & $200-$400 for pm and they can't leave their cash drawer at $300?

I would love to fire every single one of them. I did that once - fired almost the whole staff. But, then I would have no one. I hire everyone who walks in the door and only fire for theft. Which, btw, I'm going to be calling the police on a server who I caught committing credit card fraud. So far, we've received $1000 in chargebacks and I suspect there are more to come. Not to mention the items he collected the cash for and voided off checks. That was a fiasco. Our POS system, Toast, did an update and unlocked the void function so servers could do voids without a manager swipe. Of course, when I called them about fixing it, the update took away my manager privileges and I had to get the owner who was in Costa Rica at the time to call and straighten it all out.

Then you have the customers....Yes, we had to raise our prices. No, we are not price gouging you for chicken wings. I'm sorry you walked in without a reservation with a party of 20 (!!!) and we have no where to put you on a Friday night at 7:00 pm. No, I will not ask those people to leave so you can sit down. People are $#@!ing morons.

And today is inventory so I get to go to work early and count all the booze but the weather is nice so I got that going for me.

BTW, I was lamenting about all the methed up 20 somethings and a bar regular (who claims he worked with Snowden, has classified papers on Benghazi, and says Osama bin Laden is alive and well living in San Diego. He keeps all his proof on his iphone. He also says drones follow him around. I don't know why they would bother with the drones, he sits in the bar from 2:00 pm - about 10:00 pm every day) and he told me it's because they were on ADD drugs as kids and got hooked on Meth - that actually made sense. Maybe Bin Laden is living in San Diego....
    San Diego has the good weather going for it ( not much else ) so I guess it is plausible.
    Do something Danke

Looks like today is going to be the nice day of the week , rain the rest.
    Do something Danke

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cloudy with a high of 48.

Calvin Coolidge

Getting into the 70's today - Pollen covering everything but the heavy rain tomorrow should help.

I want to open the pool this week so Mr A went to the pool store to pick up shock and chlorine tabs - what normally costs around 200.00, cost over 500.00. He told me he thinks we should hold off on the pool to conserve chemicals.

Mostly cloudy with a high of 53.

Calvin Coolidge

Sunny with a high of 60.

Calvin Coolidge

Today starts off muggy but drier conditions start around lunchtime.
    By about 3 p.m. storms will begin to form south of I-20 in the south metro with the daytime heating.
    Afternoon storm impacts are damaging 60+ mph wind gusts, hail; tornado or two is possible
    A cold front will begin to move into the state around 8 p.m. and a line of storms will form ahead of it, impacting the metro around 11 p.m.
    Evening storm impacts are also damaging 60+ mph wind gusts, hail; tornado or two is possible
    https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...CN4OY4RVVCB6U/

I am not looking forward to driving to Cumming and taking my mom out to dinner. Luckily, I should be home before it gets nasty because dinner with seniors is around 3pm.
    My mom is getting pretty bad. I had to take her gun away and a few weeks ago she pulled her Mace on me and I had to take that away. Now she's worried that someone is going to kidnap her because she has no protection. I assured her they would bring her back.

Rain with a high of 56.

Calvin Coolidge

Cloudy with a high of 45.

Calvin Coolidge

Beautiful and warm with a 100% chance of day drinking. Girlfriend coming over for lunch and I'm making alcoholic butterbeer.
    My recipe
    Vodka/Butterscotch Schnapps/cream soda/top with whipped cream

*Today I'm trying it with Caramel Vodka

The thermostat outside my window says it's 85 but that's Fake News. Mr A mounted the damn thing in the sun so it's only right until the sun hits it.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    snow coming then 70 on monday
    Do something Danke

Where the f is Global Warming???

Mr A's poorly placed thermometer says it's 38 right now and the WSB weather team says the high will only be 58 today.

Cloudy with a high of 41.

Calvin Coolidge

Mr A's thermometer says 38 again this morning. I'm thinking about hitting it so it unsticks.

High of 56.

I'm going to have a mess when I get to work this morning. I woke up to a text that the closing manager broke the water line to the tea machine. I seriously doubt he knows where to turn off the water. I also think he's the dumb $#@! who keeps unplugging the freezer to charge his phone. I'll never understand that one because there are THREE empty outlets around the freezer plug.

Mostly cloudy with a high of 46.

Calvin Coolidge

50, overcast and variable winds. Normally I'd be out doing something in the yard. Just don't feel like it today and can't get warm for some reason. Think I'll just light a fire and read a book.

Partly cloudy with a high of 60.

Calvin Coolidge

The Weather Channel says it's 48 but Mr A's poorly placed thermometer still says 38. Either way it's suppose to warm up to 75 so I'm wearing shorts.

I'll wear shorts at 48 in the spring but 48 in the winter? Hell, naw. 48 seems colder in the winter than it does in the spring.

I'm going to check Mr A's poorly placed thermometer when I get home from work and see what it says.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.