Page 77 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 3775

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

I threw about a half rick of wood in the basement today . Going to start the fire again Fri afternoon due to general lack of promised global warming .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Partly cloudy again with a high of 47.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Supposed to rain all day tomorrow but I may haul a load of logs anyway . If Danke was not laying around at home I could use his rain jacket and then mine would not get muddy .
    Do something Danke

Raining for most of the day with a high of 49.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Rained all day . I hauled a load of logs . Tenderloins tonight for dinner and meatloaf tomorrow night . I hope Danke is not eating the pets in the hood now that he is broke and laid off .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Rained all day . I hauled a load of logs . Tenderloins tonight for dinner and meatloaf tomorrow night . I hope Danke is not eating the pets in the hood now that he is broke and laid off .
    I'm headed up north to a reservation with my boat to "pick up" some fish and wild rice.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I'm headed up north to a reservation with my boat to "pick up" some fish and wild rice.
    I saw some really old man fishing in the lake near where I have been cutting wood . I told him you might need to borrow some fish . Hopefully your boat is still there . I think those get traded on the black market up there a lot .
    Do something Danke

Foggy and rainy with a high of 61.

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rained a few inches so far today . supposed to turn windy & cold tomorrow afternoon . Probably unload some logs tomorrow unless Danke has it done already .
    Do something Danke

Gonna be rainy once again with a high of 41.

Calvin Coolidge

I have a nice fire going .

Taking a nap by the fire today . Sending Danke a smoke signal to ask for a no interest loan . Got laid off from my part time job yesterday and the antique mall is closed to April . So far I don't miss it but I had all the bills pd a month in advance a week ago .

Planted a cherry tree today after my yearly physical . Doc said everything is alright so I figured I'd press it and see if I can get another bearing fruit.

More big storms blowing through . Just what I needed , more rain to add to muh mud .

Wind is blowing so hard today you have to lean into it , maybe it will help dry up the last six inches of rain or so .

I planted a plum tree today . By the time the hole was as deep as the blades on the post hole digger there was water bubbling up in the bottom of it .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I cut my last load of wood out of the spot I had been working on all winter . 22 loads out of there .I cut a little grass today out over the septic field . Had on a T shirt , Flannel shirt and a fleece lined sweatshirt . Wind still blowing 20 mph . I went to the post office first , they are still in Mopp level 4 in there , they must think Danke is in town .

Cold out today . Feels like last April and the April before which were frigid and snowy due to the promised global warming .

Today I dug a hole in the woods . Never even took my jacket off .

Probably change the oil in one of my Jap Zeros today . I have two now .

Today I cut the grass . Due to global warming you can see your breath and I put on my sheep skin lined jacket and wool socks . I tilled up muh onion patch . I usually have them and potatoes planted 20 days ago but I am getting older and have slowed down a little bit . I wanted to get done cutting that wood out of my wood lot before I started something else .
    Last edited by oyarde; 04-05-2020 at 05:31 PM.

Today I plowed . Due to the global warming it was about 35 degrees with a 25 mph wind . My face is windburned and my toes cold . Felt like an end of Feb day .

Toes cold again when I got back from the feed lot this morning . Frost last night . Hope my fruit tree blossoms survive . wiped out last yr and the yr before . It was the global warming I am sure .
    Last edited by oyarde; 04-10-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Still cold out , rumors are it might get to 50 .

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Still very cold and very windy , might be 40 but a nice 30mph wind.

High of 70 and sunny today.

I bought some non-essential but beautiful Hibiscus at the garden center and plan on planting them today. I also plan on checking on my strawberry plants. I planted 50 of them years ago and gave up on them after a family of ground squirrels set up shop near my berry patch. I only ever got one measly strawberry. Mr A said I should take it to the county fair and enter it as the worlds most expensive strawberry but I ate it. My blueberry bushes are near my strawberries. The birds have been getting those. I can tell because of all the colorful bird poo I keep washing off the patio furniture. Nasty birds.

I also bought some herbs, tomatoes, and peppers at the garden center. I bought fennel because Mr A makes Italian sausage and fennel is essential to his recipe. I also picked up a lot of mint. I've been craving mojitos. Since booze is essential, I figure mojito mint is too.

I also planted some seeds. Cilantro (essential for my guacamole), parsley (IMO, a non-essential herb but $#@! it, I had some empty pots), and some giant sunflowers. I have a dream of harvesting my own sunflower seeds but I know the birds are just going to get them. Oh well, they will look cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    High of 70 and sunny today.

I bought some non-essential but beautiful Hibiscus at the garden center and plan on planting them today. I also plan on checking on my strawberry plants. I planted 50 of them years ago and gave up on them after a family of ground squirrels set up shop near my berry patch. I only ever got one measly strawberry. Mr A said I should take it to the county fair and enter it as the worlds most expensive strawberry but I ate it. My blueberry bushes are near my strawberries. The birds have been getting those. I can tell because of all the colorful bird poo I keep washing off the patio furniture. Nasty birds.

I also bought some herbs, tomatoes, and peppers at the garden center. I bought fennel because Mr A makes Italian sausage and fennel is essential to his recipe. I also picked up a lot of mint. I've been craving mojitos. Since booze is essential, I figure mojito mint is too.

I also planted some seeds. Cilantro (essential for my guacamole), parsley (IMO, a non-essential herb but $#@! it, I had some empty pots), and some giant sunflowers. I have a dream of harvesting my own sunflower seeds but I know the birds are just going to get them. Oh well, they will look cool.
    I knew you would be living lavishly with all your non essentials .

Probably going to get below freezing tonight and tomorrow night .

I knew you would be living lavishly with all your non essentials .
    Indeed.

I did an inventory on our essentials on the liquor shelf this morning and noticed Mr A has been slacking on his scotch. I also noticed my tequila is running low. I think he's been dipping in my stockpile. We're fine on Vodka. Vodka is an excellent sanitizer. I'm saving that incase I get exposed to coronavirus and need to sanitize my insides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Probably going to get below freezing tonight and tomorrow night .
    Hoping to be past that here,, Though we had some last night.. 36 degrees predicted.. and frost on the cars.

But it has been nice and sunny and that Kills Germs..

Been standing out being disinfected.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 77 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast