Page 24 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

It was so chilly on my porch last night, I pulled out my fake fire space heater and cranked it up. I'm thinking I should've paid extra and got the one with more settings. I can watch the fake fire with no heat and I can have the fake fire with heat but I can't have the heat without the fake fire. Are they trying to convince me I need to see fake fire to feel warm air blowing on me? I'm not fooled. Hell, it doesn't even look real. Parts of it are plastic and it rattles real bad. I think it's rattling because my son was suppose to catch it when I dropped it out of the attic. He had it by the cord but didn't realize how long the cord was so it kinda hit the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I may have to move my laptop indoors until it warms up. I normally keep it in the sun room but even with my fake fireplace space heater, my giant robe, Ugg boots, and piping hot coffee, I'm frickin' cold.

Plus, the space heater is drying out my eyes and they're watering like crazy.

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I may have to move my laptop indoors until it warms up. I normally keep it in the sun room but even with my fake fireplace space heater, my giant robe, Ugg boots, and piping hot coffee, I'm frickin' cold.

Plus, the space heater is drying out my eyes and they're watering like crazy.

I love that on that map, Alabama just doesn't rate
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Perfect weather for my upcoming Battle of The Wabash celebration .

About time to start splitting some wood

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    I love that on that map, Alabama just doesn't rate
    Who cares if Alabama's cold?

It's cold again. I had to drive Mr A to a golf tournament this morning. First, I got juked out of the Chick-fil-a biscuit he promised me (they weren't there yet) but I figured it wasn't a total loss because Mr A assured me Aldis opened at 8 am so I could go do my shopping. I got to Aldis at 8:15 am, rented my cart and the doors wouldn't open. They don't open until 9am. I said, $#@! it and came home. Since Mr A has been screwing me over all morning, he can take me out to dinner and help me do my grocery shopping. OH, and on top of all that, I got caught in traffic because someone t-boned a short bus. It didn't look like anyone was hurt.

Not only did I drive him to play golf on a cold morning, I told him I would pick him up if he couldn't get a ride home.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Told ya I was freezing. Mr A told me to quit exaggerating.

Wear a coat.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Mr A promised to take me out to eat but he needs a nap. I'm cold, hungry, and a little jittery. All I've had today is two pots of coffee.

Mr A promised to take me out to eat but he needs a nap. I'm cold, hungry, and a little jittery. All I've had today is two pots of coffee.
    Kitchen
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Kitchen
    I didn't make it back to Aldis because there was an accident with a short bus. All I have is 1/2 a gallon of OJ, a cucumber, and some mystery food in a tupperware that I'm afraid to open.

Playing golf is almost like participating in a triathlon.

I didn't make it back to Aldis because there was an accident with a short bus. All I have is 1/2 a gallon of OJ, a cucumber, and some mystery food in a tupperware that I'm afraid to open.
    PPPPPP
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Freezer?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Freezer?
    You'd think after hurricanes, tornadoes and power outages she'd would be a Suzminimal prepper.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    You'd think after hurricanes, tornadoes and power outages she'd would be a Suzminimal prepper.
    I think she likes to sit on her ass and drink Franzia
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

62 F this morning. Might have to close a window this winter.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

I think she likes to sit on her ass and drink Franzia
    Sometimes I stand.

Shorts never get put away. For the last two Christmases, I wore shorts. I'm hoping for another shawty Christmas.

Shorts never get put away. For the last two Christmases, I wore shorts. I'm hoping for another shawty Christmas.
    I'm actively going to look for snow around Christmas. That and cold temperatures, campfire, meat and vodka.

I don't mind the cold, as long as it's sunny and there's not a lot of wind I like it really cold. I can remember sitting without a shirt on at 15F/-10C in Austria, with a beer in my hand, feeling totally warm. Cold is kind of relative. If you are insulated from wind and water, you're not too likely to feel cold.
    "I am a bird"

Coldest night of the Fall tonight , down in the twenties now and every night coming , wind chill in teens by nightfall I think . My fire is most lovely . Hickory and Ash .

We had a frog strangler tonight and the weatherman said the cold air is moving in and the north GA mountains may see a flurry in the morning.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    We had a frog strangler tonight and the weatherman said the cold air is moving in and the north GA mountains may see a flurry in the morning.
    They have snow in GA?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamp View Post
    They have snow in GA?
    I saw a pretty good snow storm probably around before spring of 1988 in Chattanooga and was probably a one beer drive to Georgia

They have snow in GA?
    There's been snow as far south as Miami, FL and I was there to witness it in '77.

Winter has finally come to NC. I managed to cut and split 3/4 cord of wood this past weekend of 1.5 year felled oak. Already had a cord split from last season. All is good at present. House temp is 66 degrees except in living room/kitchen area where the little Jotul is a cooking. It's 74 in there and I'm getting ready to put some shorts on.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 12-06-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Theres been no snow here as far as I can tell.

They have snow in GA?
    Yes. We get an inch or two a year. People love to make fun of GA drivers in the snow but my husband's from Buffalo and he admits it's different. First of all, we mostly get ice and secondly, we don't have the equipment to keep the roads clear. Muh roads are a mess if we even get a dusting.

No snow at my house today but we got a little sleet.

My fire is most lovely . If Danke were here he could make some sassafras tea to sip with my bourbon .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    My fire is most lovely . If Danke were here he could make some sassafras tea to sip with my bourbon .
    Why would anyone $#@! up a good whiskey except as an expectorant and flu cure?

I better get to the store before all the bread and milk is sold out.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.