Page 14 of 126 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Was it cold outside when you got poked?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My fire is strong , the cold flees from me in fear .
    Do something Danke

The heat blowing from my space heater is strong because I have it turned up to max. My 3 seasons room doesn't have heat or air. In the summer, I open the windows and turn on the fan but in the winter I have a space heater. It looks like a stove but the log and flame are fake. I have a fake duck sitting on it right now. The duck is a leftover decoration from my parents house in the 1980's. I don't why but I'm attached to that stupid duck.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    The heat blowing from my space heater is strong because I have it turned up to max. My 3 seasons room doesn't have heat or air. In the summer, I open the windows and turn on the fan but in the winter I have a space heater. It looks like a stove but the log and flame are fake. I have a fake duck sitting on it right now. The duck is a leftover decoration from my parents house in the 1980's. I don't why but I'm attached to that stupid duck.
    I have an entire Army duffel bag stuffed full of fake ducks . Decoys . They have provided many a fine dinner .
    Do something Danke

Ducks and the cold fear me .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Ducks and the cold fear me .
    There's a duck in the lake at a park I used to take the kids to that looked like Darth Maul. We called him that. The ducks at the park were fearless because people fed them and I made the mistake once of letting my doge off his leash. He's always been a lover, not a fighter, so imagine my surprise when he sprang into the lake and got a hold of one of the park ducks. We started screaming and he let go of the duck. It seemed okay. I was shocked because he never seemed to pay the ducks any attention.

There's a duck in the lake at a park I used to take the kids to that looked like Darth Maul. We called him that. The ducks at the park were fearless because people fed them and I made the mistake once of letting my doge off his leash. He's always been a lover, not a fighter, so imagine my surprise when he sprang into the lake and got a hold of one of the park ducks. We started screaming and he let go of the duck. It seemed okay. I was shocked because he never seemed to pay the ducks any attention.
    The dog is part Cocker ?
    Do something Danke

The dog is part Cocker ?
    Cocker and Chow.

Cocker and Chow.
    That explains it , Cockers can be trained to retrieve fowl fairly easily . They were originally used hunting Woodcock.
    Do something Danke

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That explains it , Cockers can be trained to retrieve fowl fairly easily . They were originally used hunting Woodcock.
    It was crazy because he never seemed the least bit interested in the ducks. He'd been to that park at least twice a week for years and not once did he even bark at them, even when we were standing there feeding them. As soon as I let him off his leash, he was in the water. I think his disinterest was an elaborate ruse to get me to let him loose. Mr Animal doesn't think he's that smart but he would do tricks for treats at the park but when I got him home, he would just lay there and let the treats bounce off his head and the lazy ass wouldn't even get up - he'd use his tongue to lick them over so he could eat them. O_o

This pic looks like the duck from the park. I didn't realize it was a breed. I thought it was a deformity caused by the nasty pond water.

It was crazy because he never seemed the least bit interested in the ducks. He'd been to that park at least twice a week for years and not once did he even bark at them, even when we were standing there feeding them. As soon as I let him off his leash, he was in the water. I think his disinterest was an elaborate ruse to get me to let him loose. Mr Animal doesn't think he's that smart but he would do tricks for treats at the park but when I got him home, he would just lay there and let the treats bounce off his head and the lazy ass wouldn't even get up - he'd use his tongue to lick them over so he could eat them. O_o

This pic looks like the duck from the park. I didn't realize it was a breed. I thought it was a deformity caused by the nasty pond water.

It is a Muscavoy I think.
    Do something Danke

I have never eaten a muscavoy and would expect they are not good like Coots and Mergansers.
    Do something Danke

From my experience , it was an elaborate ruse . The rest though makes sense , going to the park makes city boys feel more manly.LOL
    Do something Danke

I have never eaten a muscavoy and would expect they are not good like Coots and Mergansers.
    I don't like duck. The only kind I've had are the dried up ones the asians get. I worked with an asian guy and he brought one in and insisted I try it. I don't even know where he got the crazy looking thing but I tasted it so I could know for sure if I liked it or not.

From my experience , it was an elaborate ruse . The rest though makes sense , going to the park makes city boys feel more manly.LOL
    He definitely has something to prove. The poor guy lost his ball sack at a young age.

21.9 °F Brrr... winds are howling out there tonight too!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I don't like duck. The only kind I've had are the dried up ones the asians get. I worked with an asian guy and he brought one in and insisted I try it. I don't even know where he got the crazy looking thing but I tasted it so I could know for sure if I liked it or not.
    Duck breast is best served medium rare like steak.
    Do something Danke

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The tastiest duck is Wood Duck . Wood Ducks do not quack , they sort of whistle .
    Do something Danke

It is ta get above freezing by one degree tomorrow . Sweet. Winter is leaving , scared of the Great Sagamore .
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-09-2016 at 10:58 PM.

A customer asked if I could remove a Fisher Mama Bear stove for him. Was in good condition. One brick was split. To get it I had to forego a 7yr. Christmas parade tradition and get it today. Oh well. I'm sure there will be a parade next year.

Cocker and Chow.

Good God. Only Suz could love something as hideous as that.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Meh, looks about like our family dog Shotzie before she passed at 16. Wasn't always so hideous.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Meh, looks about like our family dog Shotzie before she passed at 16. Wasn't always so hideous.

OK, Only Suz and phill4paul could love something as hideous as that.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

OK, Only Suz and phill4paul could love something as hideous as that.
    I guess we are weird like that.

He's adorable.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have an entire Army duffel bag stuffed full of fake ducks . Decoys . They have provided many a fine dinner .
    If you like decoys, you'd probably love the real stuff.

She said Mr A was not going to let her pick out another.
    Do something Danke

I may hunt this afternoon since it is to be a balmy 33 .
    Do something Danke

She said Mr A was not going to let her pick out another.
    Mr A said no more pets. I love critters but he doesn't like them very much. I planted a lot of butterfly bushes and lantana aroud the pool and we have a ton of butterflies (I also have maypops under the butterfly bushes - caterpillars like to eat those). Mr Animal told me I could raise all the butterflies I wanted and put out as many hummingbird feeders as I wanted but I couldn't have anything that required vet bills and kenneling when we're away. He said he's sick of the responsibility. I love dogs. I like cats but, in my entire life, I've only ever been without a dog for two years.