Page 29 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

Glorious sunshine this morning .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cold last night and this morning , dropped about 25 degrees after getting another inch of snow . According to the extended forecast only three more nights under 20 between now and middle of the month. Excellent news .

Today I stacked up some big rounds of pine . I think I will split them later and use them for my glorious Battle of the Wabash annual bonfire .

Nice fire tonight , maybe some freezing rain later tonight and flurries tomorrow then back in the forties next week .

Been a cold winter here in Minnesota. I wonder if the Injun could deliver me some of his chopped wood.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Been a cold winter here in Minnesota. I wonder if the Injun could deliver me some of his chopped wood.
    Wood is very expensive in Feb .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Wood is very expensive in Feb .
    I got beads.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I got beads.
    I like the shiny 22kt gold beads this time of year .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like the shiny 22kt gold beads this time of year .
    Winter is over here.. been in the 80s for the past few days - also - 18 kt rose gold beads make me smile more than yellow gold
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    Winter is over here.. been in the 80s for the past few days - also - 18 kt rose gold beads make me smile more than yellow gold
    Yes they are beautiful .

Jan2017

Another - what has been a very typical day - on this side of the Rockies for the winter(?) of 2018 . . .

62 high today Wednesday . . . with forecast for 2 inches of snow tonight.

The next day's melt of snow this winter produces consistent water runoff . . .
    already this week a quite cold blizzard of snow this Monday, melted by Tuesday at these lower (5300 ft.) elevations
    The higher elevations and western slope with deep snowpack still - all for ski resorts fun.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 02-14-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Started raining today with a chance of rain in the extended forecast every day the remainder of the month but three . Mud is three inches deep now . ought to be like quicksand by march 1 .

My past three gas bills were 60 , 83 & 81 . Got the last high one of the yr today . Those were even better than I expected but I burned wood anytime it was under 20 degrees . To celebrate I got my hair trimmed for the first time this winter . It is 70 today . Once again the Great Sagamore has defeated winter .

I am thinking this Feb will be a precipitation record here .

Jan2017

I am thinking this Feb will be a precipitation record here .
    Winter Storm Oliver . . . soil moisture could be great.

Will they restart the alphabet soup on March 21 equinox . . . spring storm Abe or sometin' (?)

If that wicked heathen Danke would make the proper sacrifice of two goats to Son of Odin , Thor the storm god , maybe the spring equinox storms could be averted .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

If that wicked heathen Danke would make the proper sacrifice of two goats to Son of Odin , Thor the storm god , maybe the spring equinox storms could be averted .
    In the meantime , the next winter storm (2018 edition) has been named officially - Polly

Governor working this morning , approved 11 counties for state aid including some of southern most and northern most . With the grace of the Lord I survived quite well . The creek close to the house that I had dredged after a once prior problem stayed within the bank and muh sump pump in the basement kept up . I am thinking though of going 1 / 2 horsepower there instead of the current 1/3 .

Good idea.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Today , I sawed up a Beech tree that had eroded under the root ball and slid down the creek bank . I cut it free from the root ball on the steep bank yesterday and today I cut it up and carried it out of the creek bed onto the other , less steep bank. It will make some excellent firewood for next Dec or so once I split it .

Down under 30 tonight .

Down under 30 tonight .

Should be up to 50 today, then snow tomorrow.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Should be up to 50 today, then snow tomorrow.
    My purple Crokus are blooming and it is cold , must be spring .

Sunny and 50 again tomorrow . I will be grilling some chicken thighs I deboned , not over a 20 percent chance rain for a week , so maybe everything will dry out .

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Seemed like 70 degrees today under bright sun - with 70 mph winds for several hours . . .
    previous springs there would be massive water rushing down creeks,
    but won't happen this year as much - snow at higher elevations still packed, but alot at a mile high is already melted and was sent downstream for ya'all.

Winter storm Quinn . . . A 146 mph wind gust was recorded at the top of Squaw Valley, according to AP, about the time of a skiiers disappearance., and the storm dumped another three feet of snow. His body was found by ski patrol this past weekend.

Some day I'll utilize linux to make short tube or gif (much easier) of about 8 seconds of a busy intersection near Coors Field this morning -
    heavy stuff bending in wind. Big windmills/wind turbines are pumping toady - more clean electricity for all.

Gusts are enormous over a base of constitent 30 - 50 mph winds. This isn't "tornado-y" - it is constant wind with sunny blue skies . . .
    Then, wind gust blasts !
    Last edited by Jan2017; 03-11-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Wind is horrid today .

Pretty cold today , tonight and not warming up tomorrow it seems , maybe 36 tomorrow afternoon . Snow on my windshield this morning . I blame Danke .

Nice sunny day today , may have got close to 50, things are starting to dry out , , cold though tomorrow to next Thurs and the Fri the rain starts again . I have a lot of work to get done by Tue .

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    You do realize its already March Break right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamp View Post
    You do realize its already March Break right?
    First day of spring is not to march 20 . It is winter . There is no break around here , the Great Sagamore of the Wabash works every day .
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-11-2018 at 12:19 AM.

Page 29 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast