Page 9 of 126 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

Cold here , to last another week at least , again .Moved in last Sun .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Cold here , to last another week at least , again .Moved in last Sun .
    We got trucks up the road,, the car still won't make it. Had a week of warm,, and it is snowing again.
    Should clear out again this weekend.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    We got trucks up the road,, the car still won't make it. Had a week of warm,, and it is snowing again.
    Should clear out again this weekend.
    Yeah , it is not pleasant Pete . Wind has been doing 30 MPH past three days , blew all the blossoms off of my favorite old cherry tree , now , starting to blow off the blossoms of my favorite old apple tree, my potatoes have not even sprouted yet , I just planted some rhubarb weekend before last.My Dogwoods and Redbuds just starting to bloom , My Persimmon trees have not even leafed out yet . I do not even think my Pears will bloom., winter to May , so far , I reckon.

We had a few flurries this morning but it's generally getting warmer. Spent the day cutting up some trees that winter storms took down and cut down 2 that were getting too big for how close they are. Just 2 little patches of snow left and my property will be all melted.

It was 90 degrees in my greenhouse today. I planted lots of stuff.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Only got into the high fifties here today, but it was sunny and warm sitting in the sun outside. Temps are staying in the sixties during the day for the most part and into the seventies this week. Got a lawn crew coming to do my Spring clean up. There's just too many leaves for me to do by myself along with tree limbs that fell over the winter. The gardens are all coming alive and everything is well above the ground now starting to grow.

That was one harsh cold winter we had this year. We were breaking record temps all winter long and the coldest it got here was 15 degrees below 0, along with about six feet of snow on the ground this year. We've had years where we didn't even have to use the snow blower at all, but this wasn't one of them. Glad this one's ovarrrrrr!

I sawed up alot of big Ash logs last Sun . , probably the same again this Sun. Kind of hoping Danke will donate to my retirement. I intend to set up a gift registry @ the liquor store.

I sawed up alot of big Ash logs last Sun . , probably the same again this Sun. Kind of hoping Danke will donate to my retirement. I intend to set up a gift registry @ the liquor store.
    I will not contribute towards your debauchery. Unless there are some squaws involved.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I will not contribute towards your debauchery. Unless there are some squaws involved.
    I suppose you could kick in a bit on my planned , early Oct. , 2016 fishing trip to Patoka .

Aren't almost all winters invariably cold?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Aren't almost all winters invariably cold?
    Around here , not as cold as the past two, at least since the 70's.None of the promised global warming.Liberals are consistent , all promises are more costly than one could imagine and they only deliver on the bad promises.
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-05-2015 at 08:39 AM.

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/34854

Meanwhile, real scientists who study the cyclical movement within nature are observing what we have been warning – a coming Ice Age, not global warming. We should see the collapse in temperatures faster than we suspect, for it will mimic a Waterfall Event in our market terminology. This is the true nature of how things simply move. Real scientists are starting to warn that we will see temperatures plummet by 2030.
    http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/37141
    If you have a basement, you can grow your own food without land, which may be the next hot trend.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Suspicious0bservers
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

While I was cutting wood , I was wondering ......Does the Great Pumpkin visit Danke ? Then , I thought , well probably not .

While I was cutting wood , I was wondering ......Does the Great Pumpkin visit Danke ? Then , I thought , well probably not .
    Do you believe in the Great Pumpkin too?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Do you believe in the Great Pumpkin too?
    He is working for me now, I got together late one night with Stingy Jack and traded for him, I cannot tell everything , but part of it was the very first 1911 S five dollar gold pc off the press, I still have the second .

In case any are unaware , someone should probably post the Legend of Stingy Jack .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In the 20's/30's this morning. The high today is suppose to be in the mid 50's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

It is so warm in the house , I have brought back life to the Lady Bugs and crickets around the place. Had to bust ice though , last night at dusk and this morning in the feed lot.

I think for the first time , I got three days of global warming. Let my fire go out Wed. , maybe start it tomorrow .

Fire blazing past two nights , and the 100 Proof Bourbon is good . It is good to be Chief . Danke should bring me some Fire Water for Christmas , and some ammo .

Really , out of some kindness , you should contribute to my debauchery , just think of everything you could learn.

Hell , I let my fire go out today , should be enjoying four days of warming , it is Grand , only a $#@!stick , tax happy liberal could declare doom over such a lovely thing. Liberals are retarded ( or evil , you make the call ), they like raising taxes , killing babies ( even though they need these future taxpayers to support the wasteful spending), they are against weapons but delight in killing and enslaving.

Hell , I let my fire go out today , should be enjoying four days of warming , it is Grand , only a $#@!stick , tax happy liberal could declare doom over such a lovely thing. Liberals are retarded ( or evil , you make the call ), they like raising taxes , killing babies ( even though they need these future taxpayers to support the wasteful spending), they are against weapons but delight in killing and enslaving.
    You've got that wrong my friend, they are not against weapons. They're just against you having them.

It's a sunny day here, beautiful winter weather. Had not seen a proper sunny morning in a couple weeks. Opened the curtains this morning and I was fking blinded by looking straight into a bigass yellow disk. Holy crap that hurt my eyes. Tears came into my eyes, not because I was turning emotional by the amazing sight of that nuclear plant in the sky but it really really hurt. So I shouldn't do that I guess.
    "I am a bird"

Pardon my lack of proper maturity, but this has me laughing hard enough to be choking on my own spit.

You, sir, are a cad and a bounder and I must express the honor I feel in having made your acquaintance.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fire is blazing tonight , Ash mostly with some walnut mixed in . The Bourbon is good. Supposed to be warm & sunny on Sat. Looking around my council fire , I notice Danke did not make it..... Now that I am old and about to retire , I wonder if Danke will stop by and check on me once in awhile, ensure I have ammo , beer & bourbon ,luxuries for the old chief . I could use some minnows around beginning of what you call april .

Fire is blazing tonight , Ash mostly with some walnut mixed in . The Bourbon is good. Supposed to be warm & sunny on Sat. Looking around my council fire , I notice Danke did not make it..... Now that I am old and about to retire , I wonder if Danke will stop by and check on me once in awhile, ensure I have ammo , beer & bourbon ,luxuries for the old chief . I could use some minnows around beginning of what you call april .
    Why would I come this time of year, you don't play hockey.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Why would I come this time of year, you don't play hockey.
    Well , I tried as a teen , but not a great skater. We used to play though on the paved yard behind the Lutheran school and I was much better, it is though , where I got my first black eye. Mostly , this time of year we just played outdoor Football & basketball .

Rumor is , 52 & sunny Sat . I am going to change oil in the 4 x 4 F 150 . Since Danke did not get us tickets for the BaconFest in Indy .

Rumor is , 52 & sunny Sat . I am going to change oil in the 4 x 4 F 150 . Since Danke did not get us tickets for the BaconFest in Indy .
    In my defense, you never did send that squaw over to my last birthday party either.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Sixty degrees and sunny. Sitting on my deck with the craptop sipping Franzia.

I love global warming, climate change, weather...whatever the $#@! you wanna call it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Page 9 of 126 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast