Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
Results 721 to 750 of 771

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

  1. #721

    Default



    I better get to the store before all the bread and milk is sold out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post


    I better get to the store before all the bread and milk is sold out.

    The Apocalypse of Atlanta is coming . I hope you are ready . I will have some bourbon and smoked oysters in front of the fire in solidarity for you .

  4. #723

    Default

    I sent Mr A to the Kroger to get what he wanted to eat for the next few days and some cashew milk for muh coffee and he came back with a pack Hawaiian burger buns off the clearance rack, half a gallon of Cashew milk, a couple of tubs of ice cream, a roll of paper towels (we don't use paper towels), paper plates, eggs, and a couple of pounds of bacon. Looks like it's bacon, eggs, stale Hawaiian rolls, and ice cream off paper plates for the next few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

  5. #724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    The Apocalypse of Atlanta is coming . I hope you are ready . I will have some bourbon and smoked oysters in front of the fire in solidarity for you .
    I think I'm gonna make it but I pulled the Meyer lemon tree inside just in case. My mother paid 50.00 for that $#@!ing tree and we only got one hard lemon off the damn thing. If I don't get any fruit this year, I'm gonna let it freeze to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

  6. #725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I sent Mr A to the Kroger to get what he wanted to eat for the next few days and some cashew milk for muh coffee and he came back with a pack Hawaiian burger buns off the clearance rack, half a gallon of Cashew milk, a couple of tubs of ice cream, a roll of paper towels (we don't use paper towels), paper plates, eggs, and a couple of pounds of bacon. Looks like it's bacon, eggs, stale Hawaiian rolls, and ice cream off paper plates for the next few days.
    He probably just bought all 9 items left in the store . Tell him I said good job .

  7. #726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post


    I better get to the store before all the bread and milk is sold out.


    You’re in the prayers of some of us.

    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!


    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  8. #727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I got to Aldis at 8:15 am, rented my cart and the doors wouldn't open.
    ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    We had a frog strangler tonight
    ???

  9. #728

  10. #729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    ?



    ???
    I think that’s southern for,”choked the chicken.”

    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!


    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  11. #730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    ?
    It costs .25 to rent a buggy at Aldis.

    ???
    A gully washer, sod soaker, duck drowner, raining cats and dogs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I think that’s southern for,”choked the chicken.”
    Nope. But you can choke the chicken during a frog strangler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

  12. #731

    Default

    True story

    My mom calls to see if we're getting snow. It was snowing but no accumulation. Anyway, she goes on telling me (deadly serious) that she told her husband they had to get to the grocery store. He wonders what they need because they just went last night. And my mom explains that was just to stock up on bread an milk, they needed something to go with it. That's how ya get milk sammiches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

  13. #732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    It costs .25 to rent a buggy at Aldis.
    Yer kidding, right?

  14. #733

    Default

    We've gotten an inch. Calling for up to 5" more. Pissed because this might cancel the Cat Square, NC Christmas parade, which is about the only thing that puts me in the holiday spirit. It's a fine Christmas Redneck parade complete with Tractors, swamp buggies, scads of Shriners and their go-carts, scores of classic cars and rat rods, and about 100 horses and a mule at the tail end of it all. Lasts about 3-4 hrs. usually. About 40 friends get together in a field on the side of the road and all bring covered dishes. Bah-humbug.

    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  15. #734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yer kidding, right?
    Nope. It's like that at all of them. I actually like it because they're right, it does keep the parking lot from being littered with buggies. I actually have a small dent in my van because of a rogue cart some lazy ass didn't take to a corral.

    You get your quarter back when you return the cart, btw.

    Q. Why do I need a quarter to use a shopping cart at ALDI?
    A. The shopping cart rental system is one of many ALDI efficiencies that enable us to keep our prices so low. New customers may be surprised by the simple, yet innovative, cart rental system, and usually come to appreciate its many benefits. Not only do customers get their deposit back, there are no stray carts taking up space in the parking lot or causing dents to cars. By not having to hire someone to police the shopping carts, we are able to pass the savings on to our customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

  16. #735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yer kidding, right?
    It is a deposit . It spits yer quarter out when you return it . This way they do not have to hire an employee to bring them in and they pay the cashier more .

  17. #736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    True story

    My mom calls to see if we're getting snow. It was snowing but no accumulation. Anyway, she goes on telling me (deadly serious) that she told her husband they had to get to the grocery store. He wonders what they need because they just went last night. And my mom explains that was just to stock up on bread an milk, they needed something to go with it. That's how ya get milk sammiches.
    I got Roast beef .

  18. #737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I got Roast beef .
    I don't know what she got. My best guess is chili because that's her go to snow-jam food. I dunno why because her chili sucks. I'd rather go hungry for a day.

    For lunch, Mr Animal BBQed chicken and drank a bottle of Port wine he's been trying to pawn off on me for a about a year (I hate port) and for dinner, he and #2 son made some shortbread cookies from a recipe they found on the internet. I swear they tasted like homemade Twix bars. He and number one son made some liverwurst sammiches. Damn, those things are nasty. *gag* I tried to talk my son out of eating it but he liked them. At least Mr A let me give him my if you don't like liver, why would you eat the wurst of the liver speech?

    BTW, we don't have any accumulation. We do have a lot of ice, though and it's still sleeting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

  19. #738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I don't know what she got. My best guess is chili because that's her go to snow-jam food. I dunno why because her chili sucks. I'd rather go hungry for a day.

    For lunch, Mr Animal BBQed chicken and drank a bottle of Port wine he's been trying to pawn off on me for a about a year (I hate port) and for dinner, he and #2 son made some shortbread cookies from a recipe they found on the internet. I swear they tasted like homemade Twix bars. He and number one son made some liverwurst sammiches. Damn, those things are nasty. *gag* I tried to talk my son out of eating it but he liked them. At least Mr A let me give him my if you don't like liver, why would you eat the wurst of the liver speech?

    BTW, we don't have any accumulation. We do have a lot of ice, though and it's still sleeting.
    I BBQ some fantastic chicken , but not today , too much to do . I have to haul all of Mrs O's weekly trash to the dump . My Grandma switched to port wine in her 80's when her Dr talked her into giving up 100 proof bourbon . I bet the port would be good with BBQ chicken .
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-09-2017 at 01:29 PM.

  20. #739

    Default

    Twenty and snowing here . Much nicer than yesterday mornings 11 degrees or the previous afternoons 15 MPH wind . Back to 45 and sunny on Mon .

  21. #740

    Default

    I was wrong about not getting snow. When Mr A woke up I told him we didn't have any and he peeked outside and chuckled. I dunno how I missed the two inches on the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

  22. #741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I BBQ some fantastic chicken , but not today , too much to do . I have to haul all of Mrs O's weekly trash to the dump . My Grandma switched to port wine in her 80's when her Dr talked her into giving up 100 proof bourbon . I bet the port would be good with BBQ chicken .
    Port with BBQ?

    Holy Diabetes Batman...very very sweet.

  23. #742

    Default

    So I may come into some venison when I get home.

    Thinking about cooking it for a side dish at Christmas dinner.

    Since Christmas dinner at the AF household is Italian themed, I was thinking of a venison Marsala.

  24. #743

    Default

    74° here and partly cloudy. According to my weather app, it's going to be in the 80s over the next few days.

    But I'm planning to go somewhere where it's snowy, so in about a week I'll be freezing.
    “We consume the carcasses of creatures with like appetites, passions, and organs as our own. We feed on babes, though not our own, and fill the slaughter-houses daily with screams of pain and fear.”

    — Robert Louis Stevenson

  25. #744

    Default

    well, it's a balmy 54 here right now.. been misting a day or so. I put on a heavier t-shirt
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

    The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

  26. #745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So I may come into some venison when I get home.

    Thinking about cooking it for a side dish at Christmas dinner.

    Since Christmas dinner at the AF household is Italian themed, I was thinking of a venison Marsala.
    I like cooking it in a little mushroom gravy and having it with potatoes .

  27. #746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So I may come into some venison when I get home.

    Thinking about cooking it for a side dish at Christmas dinner.

    Since Christmas dinner at the AF household is Italian themed, I was thinking of a venison Marsala.
    Do y'all do the Feast of the Seven Fishes? My Italian next door neighbor does and I'm thinking of abandoning my family and joining her for Christmas Eve dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

  28. #747

    Default

    It's cold. I'm in the sun room wearing a parka right now. I have my fake fireplace space heater on but it's barely keeping my feet warm. When it's really cold, I like to warm it up out here because all my plants are huddled up in here for the winter. I have a pepper plant that still looks great, btw. I got a lot of peppers off of it this summer and if I keep it alive, I might get a few more. This past summer I decided to plant food in all the pots around the pool and it worked out well. It was awfully convenient having a huge pot of mint handy for mojitos without having to traipse around the yard..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

  29. #748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    It's cold. I'm in the sun room wearing a parka right now. I have my fake fireplace space heater on but it's barely keeping my feet warm. When it's really cold, I like to warm it up out here because all my plants are huddled up in here for the winter. I have a pepper plant that still looks great, btw. I got a lot of peppers off of it this summer and if I keep it alive, I might get a few more. This past summer I decided to plant food in all the pots around the pool and it worked out well. It was awfully convenient having a huge pot of mint handy for mojitos without having to traipse around the yard..
    Probably best you are huddled in the sun room . Could be dangerous in town by now . All the milk and bread will be gone, what will they eat ?

  30. #749

    Default

    Originally Posted by Suzanimal

    We had a frog strangler tonight
    So made me think: frog fellatio.

    And that made me think: "fa g frogs".

    Which made me think of this...


  31. #750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Do y'all do the Feast of the Seven Fishes? My Italian next door neighbor does and I'm thinking of abandoning my family and joining her for Christmas Eve dinner.
    We do. The In-laws family come from sicily just a couple generations back and they are in the seafood business so its a big deal. Its my favorite big family eating event of the year. And since our kid is an absolute shark when it comes to seafood its his favorite too. (close second is the newyears day lunch with our eggplant parm and raviolis)

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast





Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2010, 07:05 AM
  2. Cold winter causing some heating issues
    By btalex1990 in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 04:54 AM
  3. Cold winter for most
    By Sarge in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 02:32 PM
  4. Keep your house cold this winter.
    By 123tim in forum Freedom Living
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 10:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •