Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RPF Projects - Who's interested?

RPF Projects - Who's interested?

There's been a few things this year that have moved me to donate cash to people that have been victimized by the state.
    I'm a tightwad, this is new to me.
    But it makes me think, as a group we could really inflict some pain and suffering on the state. Think of Shaneen Allen. She had broad support, but some of that was RPF sending donations and hassling the prosecutor. She was probably saved of 3-10 years of jail time by people like you and I sending $10 and phoning the dirty rats in NJ.

What are your top issues? Are there causes that you could really get behind to donate time or money?
    A RPF project could address a top issue by 1) identifying a top cause 2) defining a scope that RPF could accomplish 3) executing and 4) reporting results.

Take the case of Baby Bou for instance. The 18 m/o baby boy was blown up in a SWAT raid. RPF is pretty good about bumping posts and maybe even sending a few bucks to help with medical expenses. But what about taking it a step further? Maybe buying a billboard to shame the Sheriff? What about organizing a protest to draw more media attention?

Would you be interested? What are your top causes?
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump sub for later when not on phone

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    There's been a few things this year that have moved me to donate cash to people that have been victimized by the state.
    I'm a tightwad, this is new to me.
    But it makes me think, as a group we could really inflict some pain and suffering on the state. Think of Shaneen Allen. She had broad support, but some of that was RPF sending donations and hassling the prosecutor. She was probably saved of 3-10 years of jail time by people like you and I sending $10 and phoning the dirty rats in NJ.

What are your top issues? Are there causes that you could really get behind to donate time or money?
    A RPF project could address a top issue by 1) identifying a top cause 2) defining a scope that RPF could accomplish 3) executing and 4) reporting results.

Take the case of Baby Bou for instance. The 18 m/o baby boy was blown up in a SWAT raid. RPF is pretty good about bumping posts and maybe even sending a few bucks to help with medical expenses. But what about taking it a step further? Maybe buying a billboard to shame the Sheriff? What about organizing a protest to draw more media attention?

Would you be interested? What are your top causes?
    I love this idea!

My top issue though is one that every county likely deals with: how much nepotism is in county government? Schools and school boards as well.

I really think Abdulrahman Awlaki is one that we could/should have addressed better, especially around the timing of Rand's filibuster.

That's the kind of issue we need to address.

Obama on one side of a sign and Dick Cheney on the other with "Who is to blame for ISIS?" Then a webpage with the link of Cheney's "quagmire" video.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

How about starting up a general defense fund that can be voted on how to dispense on the forums by the primary donators?
    And/Or creating a network of protestors in every state to picket police departments when these things happen?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...or-Face-Arrest

here is something, start actively fighting against the governments attempts to regulate this free market public transportation option out of existence

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    I love this idea!

My top issue though is one that every county likely deals with: how much nepotism is in county government? Schools and school boards as well.

I really think Abdulrahman Awlaki is one that we could/should have addressed better, especially around the timing of Rand's filibuster.

That's the kind of issue we need to address.

Obama on one side of a sign and Dick Cheney on the other with "Who is to blame for ISIS?" Then a webpage with the link of Cheney's "quagmire" video.
    It really bothers me that Abdulrahman's assassination got almost zero attention, hell, it was wrong to assassinate his father, much less his child. Police militarization is a no-brainer for political activism in all the variations--greens, commies, republicans, dems, etc. Although republicans tend to worship military authority, while dems tend to worship gov't authority (same thing, I know.)

Right now I am better for donating time than I am cash. I do research, marketing, and writing/editing in my work, so I would be glad to contribute anything there. I don't have thoughts on issues, but the dog killings affect me a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    It really bothers me that Abdulrahman's assassination got almost zero attention, hell, it was wrong to assassinate his father, much less his child. Police militarization is a no-brainer for political activism in all the variations--greens, commies, republicans, dems, etc. Although republicans tend to worship military authority, while dems tend to worship gov't authority (same thing, I know.)
    A bill board of a mangled drone victim I'd contribute to.

And I'm tapped out.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    A bill board of a mangled drone victim I'd contribute to.

And I'm tapped out.
    I'd donate for that too.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

how about a blimp with "Damn The Man!" on it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    how about a blimp with "Damn The Man!" on it!!!
    That'd end up being a joke--people are dying and we're paying for it, that needs to end. (I think you're joking, just sayin'.)

How about starting up a general defense fund that can be voted on how to dispense on the forums by the primary donators?
    And/Or creating a network of protestors in every state to picket police departments when these things happen?
    So the poor slob who only had five bucks to throw in doesn't get a vote?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    So the poor slob who only had five bucks to throw in doesn't get a vote?
    no
    but if you have a better idea let's hear it

no
    but if you have a better idea let's hear it
    Sure, I'll donate to what I want to and bypass your fund. (jackass)
    Last edited by Origanalist; 10-13-2014 at 11:06 PM.
    "The Patriarch"

Sure, I'll donate to what I want to and bypass your fund. (jackass)
    lol it was just an idea for doing something, I do know how much all you hate to actually do anything

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol it was just an idea for doing something, I do know how much all you hate to actually do anything
    I guess we can't all be as righteous as you, brother Casey.
    "The Patriarch"

I guess we can't all be as righteous as you, brother Casey.
    I ain't your brother, I don't even like you $#@!ing people but we either all hang together or we hang separately as someone once said, now quit niggling infantile points of order and lets do some $#@! instead of just philosofapping the day away shall we?

I ain't your brother, I don't even like you $#@!ing people but we either all hang together or we hang separately as someone once said, now quit niggling infantile points of order and lets do some $#@! instead of just philosofapping the day away shall we?
    Define "you $#@!ing people".
    "The Patriarch"

And please expound on why the "primary donators" should get to decide what happens to my contribution. It sounds as lot like the republican party.
    "The Patriarch"

And please expound on why the "primary donators" should get to decide what happens to my contribution. It sounds as lot like the republican party.
    doesn't have to be that way I was just suggesting an idea, we could make it so an elected board decided where best to send the money, but having everyone who donated a dime vote would be very messy and prone to gaming, but wouldn't it be good to have five ten or twenty K laying around so when something happened like the case of Shaneen Allen we could immediately send her the funds instead of slowly gathering it?

War on Drugs/Police state I think are hot button issues that can bring about a lot of attention.

There are a lot of innocent families torn apart, killed, hurt, destroyed. There are plenty of open/shut cases that I think can be good rallying cries to get grassroots support and can go viral or can go further and get general public support.

I've seen some of the police killing dog stories rally communities together. I've seen certain fedbook pages come out and have lead to marches and demands from the local population and the issues become local news and even officers getting fired.

Shaneen Allen is a great example of making enough noise to cause change. That woman's life was going to be ruined no doubt if not for all the attention and noise.

I like the idea and I would hope we grab the low hanging fruit. The ones where it's clear we can show the public the war on drugs has gone too far or a SWAT team or officer have gone too far.

If we can bring about enough cases and start to show people the War on Drugs is killing or hurting too many innocent people, maybe we can get people to look at alternatives or change people's mindset that SWAT teams over a $40 meth deal are not the way to go.

doesn't have to be that way I was just suggesting an idea, we could make it so an elected board decided where best to send the money, but having everyone who donated a dime vote would be very messy and prone to gaming, but wouldn't it be good to have five ten or twenty K laying around so when something happened like the case of Shaneen Allen we could immediately send her the funds instead of slowly gathering it?
    Ya, I don't think I'm going to donate to a fund controlled by somebody who thinks of me as "you $#@!ing people". It still sounds like the RNC. Too bad, it was a good idea.
    "The Patriarch"

Ya, I don't think I'm going to donate to a fund controlled by somebody who thinks of me as "you $#@!ing people". It still sounds like the RNC. Too bad, it was a good idea.
    Pretty sure Casey was calling you a stud.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

A fund is a nice idea, but I fear someone will call for the piggy bank to be broken every other time AF posts a cop story. Certainly there are lots of people who deserve help, but we don't have enough money between us.

Doing more projects would be good, don't know what sort though.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Pretty sure Casey was calling you a stud.
    That would mean a lot coming from a stud like him. I'm all a quiver.
    "The Patriarch"

I don't wanna administrate it I was just suggesting an idea, but hey any reason you need not to do anything

I don't wanna administrate it I was just suggesting an idea, but hey any reason you need not to do anything
    Your full of $#@!. Take your keyboard commando bull$#@! and shove it up your ass.
    "The Patriarch"

I do like the idea of buying billboards to criticize police chiefs when they are in the wrong. Of course it needs to be done in a way that partially prevents someone from getting successfully sued by using the right wording and having the right type of organization rather than individual be bait for a lawsuit. Protesting is good but not as good as other things. I just don't really have time for it and live too far away from the city but I donate to things I support.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast