Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I am a Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    There are no more Jews, Greeks or Gentiles in Christ--only those who believe and trust in Christ's work on the cross and those who don't. Many Christians just as yourself are confusing the carnal flesh and blood practicing and professing Jew and the physical body of Israel with the spiritual Jews and the spiritual Israel. What you are believing is false.

What did God tell you Annie?

1 Corinthians 15:50.

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

There is no such thing as a flesh and blood Jew--only spiritual Jews reside in Christ.
    I am not speaking of any other scripture....... passage, theology or concept. Period. Just the ONE passage. Period.
    Obviously Jesus thought there was a difference at the time - that is obvious.
    Again....... not debating replacement theology. Just speaking of the ONE passage and what JESUS said in the ONE passage.
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Annie View Post
    I am not speaking of any other scripture....... passage, theology or concept. Period. Just the ONE passage. Period.
    Obviously Jesus thought there was a difference at the time - that is obvious.
    Again....... not debating replacement theology. Just speaking of the ONE passage and what JESUS said in the ONE passage.
    But Annie--you are "debating" here. That's fine too, but your version of who the true Jews are and what the true Israel of God is-- is not matching up with scripture.

The only "chosen people of God" are those who believe and accept Christ as their Lord and savior and these are the "true spiritual Jews" that both God and Paul refer to. All others under the New Covenant are nothing more or less than unbelievers because there are no more carnal flesh and blood Jews, Greeks or Gentiles--saith the Lord.
    Last edited by Terry1; 10-13-2014 at 01:53 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    We're already past the point of troubling ourselves with proper convictions, so the question is a non sequitur.
    Really,,,,

How would you defend yourself from the accusation?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I am not up for a debate of Replacement Theology. And those things have nothing to do with the parable in the original post.
    None of that changes the fact that in THAT passage - the Jews are the chosen and the Gentiles are the called.
    I also wanted to add that you don't seem to understand what the word Gentile means in Hebrew to an ultra Orthodox Jew. What you're actually doing is parroting Talmudic teaching here without understanding what you're doing. This is why Paul told us that there are no more flesh and blood Jews, Greeks or Gentiles--only those who believe in Jesus or do not.

Remember these things next time you seek to parrot the non-believing carnal Jew in your zeal to perform and support "Zionism".

Non-Jewish Children Sub-Human, Yebamoth 98a. All Gentile children are animals.

Abodah Zarah 36b . Gentile girls are in a state of niddah (filth) from birth.

Abodah Zarah 22a-22b . Gentiles prefer sex with cows.

Abodah Zarah 67b . "The vessels of Gentiles, do they not impart a worsened flavor to the food cooked in them?"

Insults Against Blessed Mary, Sanhedrin 106a . Says Jesus' mother was a whore: "She who was the descendant of princes and governors played the harlot with carpenters." Also in footnote #2 to Shabbath 104b it is stated that in the "uncensored" text of the Talmud it is written that Jesus mother, "Miriam the hairdresser," had sex with many men.

Last edited by Terry1; 10-13-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    We're already past the point of troubling ourselves with proper convictions, so the question is a non sequitur.
    LOL!

Terry, you are running in circles and avoiding my point about ONE passage. I am NOT talking about who "true" jews are. I am not speaking of orthodox or anything else.
    Anything else is simply deflection.
    The point is Jesus' perception of the jews at the time he spoke the parable. NOTHING else matters. Period. The point is what does Jesus mean by the called and chosen. It is perfectly clear in the parable. This is about Jesus' perspective. Nothing else.
    Jesus was the Jewish Messiah. Period. He is speaking of their rejection of him and his inclusion of Gentiles.

Mt 22:1 ¶ And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,
    Mt 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
    Mt 22:3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
    Mt 22:4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
    Mt 22:5 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
    Mt 22:6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
    Mt 22:7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
    Mt 22:8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
    Mt 22:9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
    Mt 22:10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
    Mt 22:11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
    Mt 22:12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
    Mt 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
    Mt 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

Terry, you are running in circles and avoiding my point about ONE passage. I am NOT talking about who "true" jews are. I am not speaking of orthodox or anything else.
    The point is Jesus' perception of the jews at the time he spoke the parable. NOTHING else matters. Period. The point is what does Jesus mean by the called and chosen. It is perfectly clear in the parable. This is about Jesus' perspective. Nothing else.
    Jesus was the Jewish Messiah. Period. He is speaking of their rejection of him and his inclusion of Gentiles.

Mt 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
    Mt 22:3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
    Mt 22:4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
    Mt 22:5 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
    Mt 22:6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
    Mt 22:7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
    Mt 22:8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
    Mt 22:9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
    Mt 22:10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
    Mt 22:11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
    Mt 22:12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
    Mt 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
    Alright then Annie--if you've gone this far only to tell me that I'm running in circles avoiding your point. Then make a point and explain to me just *who the chosen people of God are and why* please. In your own words would be nice along with scripture to back them up.
    Last edited by Terry1; 10-13-2014 at 03:11 PM.

Alright then Annie--if you've gone this far only to tell me that I'm running in circles avoiding your point. Then make a point and explain to me just *who the chosen people of God are and why* please. In your own words would be nice along with scripture to back them up.
    The passage is the parable of the wedding feast...... Jesus was the Jewish Messiah. The Jews were the guests that the feast was prepared for. The Jews did not respond to the invitation so Jesus was demonstrating that since the Jews did not respond to the invitation of the feast, that He - the Jewish Messiah would then send for guests to come from the streets - The Gentiles.

If you read the passage in it's entirety and not try to take it out of context one comes to the logical conclusion that the Jews are the chosen (as Jesus was - and still is - the Jewish Messiah) and the Gentiles are the called. The Gentiles were called from the streets.

If one wants to truly understand the scriptures....... Don't remove them from their context. The Jews are the chosen, and the Gentiles are the called.

~ George Washington

The passage is the parable of the wedding feast...... Jesus was the Jewish Messiah. The Jews were the guests that the feast was prepared for. The Jews did not respond to the invitation so Jesus was demonstrating that since the Jews did not respond to the invitation of the feast, that He - the Jewish Messiah would then send for guests to come from the streets - The Gentiles.

If you read the passage in it's entirety and not try to take it out of context one comes to the logical conclusion that the Jews are the chosen (as Jesus was - and still is - the Jewish Messiah) and the Gentiles are the called. The Gentiles were called from the streets.

If one wants to truly understand the scriptures....... Don't remove them from their context. The Jews are the chosen, and the Gentiles are the called.

I know what the context of those scripture are saying. What I asked you is "who do you believe the chosen people are in your own words". This is what you said,

the Jews are the chosen and the Gentiles are the called.
    and I'd like for you to explain why you believe Jews are the chosen and who they are today and why you separate them from the Gentiles whom you say are "the called".

Are you saying that the practicing Orthodox Jews in the state of Israel are the chosen?

I know what the context of those scripture are saying. What I asked you is "who do you believe the chosen people are in your own words".
    Terry, everything that is posted above the scripture passage is "in my own words".

and I'd like for you to explain why you believe Jews are the chosen
    Clearly that is what the passage said. Surely I don't have to paste the passage again.
    The feast of the parable was prepared for the jews and they refused. So, then the master called for the people in the streets. Those are the Gentiles.

and who they are today
    Irrelevant to the passage.

and why you separate them from the Gentiles whom you say are "the called".
    I didn't separate them. Jesus did.

Are you saying that the practicing Orthodox Jews in the state of Israel are the chosen?
    This passage has no relation to the state of Israel or the Orthodox Jews or even Jews today. It is about Jesus perception at the time of their refusal of Him as their Messiah.
    ~ George Washington

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Terry, everything that is posted above the scripture passage is "in my own words".

Clearly that is what the passage said. Surely I don't have to paste the passage again.
    The feast of the parable was prepared for the jews and they refused. So, then the master called for the people in the streets. Those are the Gentiles.

Irrelevant to the passage.

I didn't separate them. Jesus did.

This passage has no relation to the state of Israel or the Orthodox Jews or even Jews today. It is about Jesus perception at the time of their refusal of Him as their Messiah.
    I'm detecting some deflecting here on your part Annie. I'm asking you a real simple question here. Who do you believe the chosen Jews are today and who are the gentiles. Can you answer this in your own words without deflection? It would only take about one sentence for you to answer this simple question. How hard can that be?

I'm detecting some deflecting here on your part Annie. I'm asking you a real simple question here. Who do you believe the chosen Jews are today and who are the gentiles. Can you answer this in your own words without deflection? It would only take about one sentence for you to answer this simple question. How hard can that be?
    Because today has nothing to do with the passage. You are trying to pull me into a debate that I do not wish to have - that simple. I do not wish to debate replacement theology. Replacement theology is totally irrelevant to this passage - PERIOD. I have made that perfectly clear. That has nothing - nothing whatsoever to do with the passage that the verse in it that you originally quoted to me. "Many are called, but few are chosen".

And again.......

~ George Washington

Because today has nothing to do with the passage. You are trying to pull me into a debate that I do not wish to have - that simple. I do not wish to debate replacement theology. Replacement theology is totally irrelevant to this passage - PERIOD. I have made that perfectly clear. That has nothing - nothing whatsoever to do with the passage that the verse in it that you originally quoted to me. "Many are called, but few are chosen".

And again.......

What are you so afraid of here Annie? All I've done is asked you to clarify your statement in your own words. Who are the Jews that you believe are the chosen people of God? I know what scripture says and what it means--I'm asking you what you think it means by explaining who you believe are the chosen Jews today. I don't believe that I'm being unreasonable here by asking you to clarify your own statement.

So again--who are you referring to as "the chosen Jews" of today.

I am a Christian. I saw this the other day, and it reminded me of this forum. I think sometimes we forget the most important things.
    When persecution comes - and IT IS COMING, we are not going to be asked if we are protestant or catholic. We are not going to be asked if we are baptist or presbyterian.
    We are not going to be asked if we are orthodox or episcopalian. We are not going to be asked if we are methodist or lutheran.
    We are, however, going to be asked if we believe that Jesus Christ was the Son of God and if we believe in the Holy Trinity and the death of Christ on the Cross. On those things I think that we all agree.
    Maybe we should spend some time thinking about what we are instead of what we are not?
    Maybe we should spend some time in true fellowship and enjoying one another instead of focusing on our differences and disagreements?
    I am a Christian...... what are you?

I am a Copt when we see Copts suffer.
    I am a Catholic when I read Charles Martel’s victory over Abdul Rahman Al-Ghafiqi.
    I am an Orthodox when I yearn for the liberation of Hagia Sohpia by war.
    I am an Evangelical when I sit in a plane to witness to my poor neighbor.
    And I am a Samaritan when I see a wounded slave in Pakistan who suffered 25 years working in a kiln.
    It's interesting that you posted this. I was thinking about this topic recently, and I was thinking about how cool and amazing it is that among the children of God there IS unity and kinship. I'm not talking about any particular church, but the body of Christ - ALL genuine believers worldwide. Any time I meet a believer, there is a special connection, they are a brother or sister in Christ.

I've posted this video before (probably a couple times) but this is what I'm talking about. Please watch it... different nations, tribes, languages.... but we are one in Christ Jesus. Just take a look:

“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

I'm not sure what you and Terry are arguing about as you are both part right. Yes in the parable those that were initially invited were Jews. But note verse 7 where the king "slew the murderers". Those people, killed by the king, could not be considered "chosen". Then you have the person that came without a garment and was thrown out into outer darkness. He isn't "chosen" either. The ones called to the feast, that were actually allowed in to enjoy it, are the "chosen" ones. It's great to understand the motivation of Jesus in teaching a parable, but I think it's a mistake to concentrate so much on the motivation to miss the teaching itself, lose the point Jesus was making and the application to ones own life. Jesus told the Jewish leaders "Don't say to yourselves we are Abraham's seed. God can raise up children from these stones." Nobody should take their place with God for granted based on their "group" membership. And in the spirit of how you started this thread, that includes your membership in the particular sect of Christianity you happen to belong to as well.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I am an Orthodox when I yearn for the liberation of Hagia Sohpia by war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    Seriously?
    Yeah. I think Miss Annie copied and pasted the poem without looking at that part. Longing for war seems out of place with all of the other "I am...." pronouncements. That is unless one is talking about spiritual warfare such that Turkey experiences mass conversion to Christianity.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I'm not sure what you and Terry are arguing about as you are both part right. Yes in the parable those that were initially invited were Jews. But note verse 7 where the king "slew the murderers". Those people, killed by the king, could not be considered "chosen". Then you have the person that came without a garment and was thrown out into outer darkness. He isn't "chosen" either. The ones called to the feast, that were actually allowed in to enjoy it, are the "chosen" ones. It's great to understand the motivation of Jesus in teaching a parable, but I think it's a mistake to concentrate so much on the motivation to miss the teaching itself, lose the point Jesus was making and the application to ones own life. Jesus told the Jewish leaders "Don't say to yourselves we are Abraham's seed. God can raise up children from these stones." Nobody should take their place with God for granted based on their "group" membership. And in the spirit of how you started this thread, that includes your membership in the particular sect of Christianity you happen to belong to as well.
    Good job jmd, but I don't believe that Annie would retain that same frame of reference because she knew what I was getting around to which isn't the same frame of reference that you refer to which I agree with.

Annie didn't answer because she knew that I knew how she was going to answer, which is why she said she didn't want to get into a debate about it. Her version of the "chosen Jew" is not the same as *Gods chosen Jew*. Annie has delved into Zionism and seems to be very captivated by Jewish law and tradition these days as well as supporting the Orthodox Jewish state of Israel. So I knew how she was going to answer. You on the other hand are correct and thanks for the input.
    Last edited by Terry1; 10-13-2014 at 07:18 PM.

Good job jmd, but I don't believe that Annie would retain that same frame of reference because she knew what I was getting around to which isn't the same frame of reference that you refer to which I agree with.

Annie didn't answer because she knew that I knew how she was going to answer, which is why she said she didn't want to get into a debate about it. Her version of the "chosen Jew" is not the same as *Gods chosen Jew*. Annie has delved into Zionism and seems to be very captivated by Jewish law and tradition these days as well as supporting the Orthodox Jewish state of Israel. So I knew how she was going to answer. You on the other hand are correct and thanks for the input.
    It sure is flattering that you spend so much time in my head though
    ~ George Washington

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It sure is flattering that you spend so much time in my head though
    I'm not sure "flattering" is the right word. It's more like a job where I'm attempting to redecorate the current digs. You could use some new drapes in there, but hey--some of us like blinds instead of pretty sheer curtains. It's all good and God is still in control no matter where or what we choose to live in.

I'm not sure "flattering" is the right word. It's more like a job where I'm attempting to redecorate the current digs. You could use some new drapes in there, but hey--some of us like blinds instead of pretty sheer curtains. It's all good and God is still in control no matter where or what we choose to live in.
    LOL! I prefer to leave the redecorating to the Lord, thanks though.
    ~ George Washington

LOL! I prefer to leave the redecorating to the Lord, thanks though.
    The Lord works through people though doesn't He? You should take the drapes--they're free too.

The Lord works through people though doesn't He? You should take the drapes--they're free too.
    The Lord does work through people Terry...... But people are more open to people who do not engage them with disdain.
    ~ George Washington

You kids are funny when you pick on each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

The Lord does work through people Terry...... But people are more open to people who do not engage them with disdain.
    We should all learn this by your wonderful example Annie--which just so happens to be a two-way street donchaknow. Need I dig up the past where you posted a long-winded dissertation publically flogging me for my opposing opinions while + repping your buddy Nang who enjoyed lying about people and calling them sluts and idolaters?

No--we shouldn't go there should we.

We should all learn this by your wonderful example Annie--which just so happens to be a two-way street donchaknow. Need I dig up the past where you posted a long-winded dissertation publically flogging me for my opposing opinions while + repping your buddy Nang who enjoyed lying about people and calling them sluts and idolaters?

No--we shouldn't go there should we.
    Oh Terry......... What happened to the 70 x 7 ?
    ~ George Washington

Oh Terry......... What happened to the 70 x 7 ?
    That's probably how many times you've called me a bitch in your PM box too. You gotta get up pretty early in the mornin Annie-- Not all of us stepped off the boat yesterday. I still love ya, but don't mistake love for stupidity either--big mistake my lil enchilada.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    You kids are funny when you pick on each other.
    It's not really funny. Diversity is a destructive thing among biblicists. We start to forget what we disagree on and go right for the throat in a personal way. And so there can be no peace through religion as long as the phenomenon exists and continues to interject itself. It just is what it is. It's why I don't tinker in the pews anymore.

I think Miss annie had the right energy in mind with regard to the op fwiw.

Hey, btw. What are the chances of a translation on this vid? Can you help me out with it? I thought you spoke Russian. If not then that's okay, I suppose. I can probably figure it out. There is a video here in this article. It has like 4 or 5 million views but i don't know what it's saying. Sorry to get off topic. I just saw you post here and so I asked. Thanks if so.

Enjoykin, created a video based on the prosecutor’s press conference and interviews, resulting in the astounding 14 million views on YouTube.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 10-13-2014 at 08:24 PM.

That's probably how many times you've called me a bitch in your PM box too. You gotta get up pretty early in the mornin Annie-- Not all of us stepped off the boat yesterday. I still love ya, but don't mistake love for stupidity either--big mistake my lil enchilada.
    Now you are assuming what's in my PM box? That's pretty bizarre Terry.
    ~ George Washington

Hmmmm....let's see....how to derail a religious catfight. I know! Throw in a religious sexist joke and draw the fire!

*ducks*

Now you are assuming what's in my PM box? That's pretty bizarre Terry.
    Well for shame Annie--baiting someone in your own kumbaya thread which supports exactly what I've said about you as well. Thanks for confirming me, buh-bye.

Peace to you too and all that God-speak stuff you talk so well.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast