Thread: Dogs shot by cops: A book is now written.

Dogs shot by cops: A book is now written.

Over the last year, I've written and published a book about the phenomenon of harmless pet dogs being shot by police, with subsequent lack of any accountability.

Am I allowed to mention the book, or would that be considered spam? (If mods think so, delete this thread and send me a private message)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

http://www.amazon.com/cop-shot-dog-t...3210782&sr=1-1

Although I only recently started an account here, the continual attention to this issue on the Ron Paul forums proved to be very valuable when researching the stories, and I visited and bookmarked a LOT of these pages. Keep up the good work.

Glenn, good job! Looks like it would be a good resource for research. I'm glad to see you included links to the newspaper accounts of each incident you cite. Being able to document these events is critical.

One suggestion: In future editions you might want to include a non-HTML citation for each story (something as simple as: "Salt Lake City Tribune, June 19, 2013 page A-9") given that eventually a lot of the online newspaper links will become void.

Is this only available as an e-book? Do you have any plans for a print version?

Is Glenn AF's pen name?

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    One suggestion: In future editions you might want to include a non-HTML citation for each story (something as simple as: "Salt Lake City Tribune, June 19, 2013 page A-9") given that eventually a lot of the online newspaper links will become void.
    I do a lot of research, and would say that this can't be emphasized enough.

Edit: Hmm, could've sworn I made a longer post. Anyway, thanks to the OP for writing something very worthwhile. Looks like some of the text is available on that link.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 10-13-2014 at 06:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

This book provides insight into the phenomenon of American police shooting pet dogs, using deadly force as a first choice during dog encounters.
    Through real life stories, this book shows that it matters not if the dog is on private property, in a back yard, inside a house, has no history of violence, if it is old and infirm, or if if is just plain friendly. It also matters not if the officer has no cause to be on your property, through mistaken address or warrant-less search, or just investigating some other event nearby.

This book also explores the lack of accountability after the event, showing the sad reality that American police can kill a pet dog at any time, and that there are no consequences for the officer.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Is Glenn AF's pen name?
    Idk. But naming your kid Glenn seems to increase the odds of having liberty loving offspring (Durden, Bradley, Jacobs...)

Good to hear that this website was of use.

I remember a time where a few were annoyed with the dog stories being posted. "It's just a dog" or "people should control their pets" nonsense.

Good on you for calling more attention to this. I've probably read all 101 stories but will check it out regardless. Welcome to the forums.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Big thanks to AF and all of RPF for awakening me to how disgusting the police state has become.

So glad to see that our website gathering place of merry refuseniks has once again, sparked some good.

Best of luck with the book!

Welcome to the forums, and great job!
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    Idk. But naming your kid Glenn seems to increase the odds of having liberty loving offspring (Durden, Bradley, Jacobs...)
    Beck

Quote Originally Posted by malkusm View Post
    Beck

Well played...(did not see that coming...)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    >In future editions you might want to include a non-HTML citation for each story

Good idea. And there will be future editions. I just need to take a break first, Its not a fun topic to research. Even right to the end where I had to look at pictures of dead dogs to make the cover illustration.

>Is this only available as an e-book? Do you have any plans for a print version?

Just ebook. I have looked at "print on demand" options, but not yet gotten around to setting anything up.

Quote Originally Posted by kingtut View Post
    >In future editions you might want to include a non-HTML citation for each story

Good idea. And there will be future editions. I just need to take a break first, Its not a fun topic to research. Even right to the end where I had to look at pictures of dead dogs to make the cover illustration.

>Is this only available as an e-book? Do you have any plans for a print version?

Just ebook. I have looked at "print on demand" options, but not yet gotten around to setting anything up.

I know it would have to be mentally exhausting to wade through this stuff. Hell, I get infuriated to the point of burnout just reading the posts here on RPF. Take a well deserved break.

I have no idea how much it would cost to do a self-published run of print copies. But in the back of my mind I've been kicking around the idea of donating copies of your book - if it could be produced in print at a reasonable price - to animal rescue centers and veterinarian's offices as a way of alerting dog owners to this danger as well as to bring some more attention to the problem.