Thread: AL-Five year old forced to sign "anti suicide" contract after pointing crayon gun.

Exclamation AL-Five year old forced to sign "anti suicide" contract after pointing crayon gun.

5-year-old forced to sign “suicide contract”

http://ksn.com/2014/10/09/5-year-old...cide-contract/

By KSN TV Published: October 9, 2014, 3:05 pm

MOBILE, Alabama (WPMI) – An Alabama mother is furious that her 5-year-old daughter was forced to sign a school contract stating she wouldn’t kill herself or anyone else at school.

School officials told Rebecca, who did not want to give her last name, they had to send 5-year-old Elizabeth home after an incident in class.

“They told me she drew something that resembled a gun. According to them she pointed a crayon at another student and said ‘pew pew’,” Rebecca explained.

Rebecca says her daughter was then given a questionnaire to evaluate her for suicidal thoughts and given a Mobile County Public School safety contract to sign stating she wouldn’t kill herself or others.

“While I was in the lobby waiting, they had my 5-year-old sign a contract about suicide and homicide,” Rebecca says. “There should be a different way to handle this situation. If this is protocol it needs to be looked at again.”

Rebecca is pushing to have the incident removed from her child’s record. She says school officials have requested her child see a psychiatrist. She refused.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-11-2014 at 09:44 AM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    5-year-old sign a contract about suicide and homicide

"IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

“While I was in the lobby waiting, they had my 5-year-old sign a contract about suicide and homicide,” Rebecca says. “There should be a different way to handle this situation. If this is protocol it needs to be looked at again.”
    Lol.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Don't know how much more of this PC $#@!e people are going to take.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Don't know how much more of this PC $#@!e people are going to take.
    Quite a bit more, apparently.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Lol.
    Yeah, me too.

Oh for heaven's sake. Shyt like this is why I still say the left-liberals are worse.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Oh for heaven's sake. Shyt like this is why I still say the left-liberals are worse.
    How does anyone actualy support this crap?

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Millions and millions do:

"If it saves just one life".

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Millions and millions do:

"If it saves just one life".
    I live in the freaking matrix.

Quite a bit more, apparently.
    I don't think there's a limit anymore.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    cus....

"IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

On her permanent record. Follows her to adulthood. Background checks. Getting passed over for jobs. Gets involved in the crime parade. Drugs. Stealing. Early death.

Anything else?...

move along, and put this in the $#@! it file.

And of course a 5-year old is plenty old enough to sign a contract.

I suppose it's easier to intimidate a little child than it is to actually teach her.

[with mom present, and speaking kindly] "Student, would you mind to tell me what this picture is about?" Then teacher listens. "Here at school, this is not an appropriate way to express yourself because it makes some other children afraid. If you want to play this at home, you may, if your mother thinks it will be all right. Can you please remember not to do this at school?"

This is how a teacher handles anything that might not be appropriate at school. Like running in the halls. "I know it's fun to run. If you can walk the rest of today, tomorrow I will make sure our class has some time to go outside/to the gym and have a time when we can run. I would like to see you run."

Then I make a small note that we have talked about this. As long as there is no more of it, we are fine and I throw my note away at the end of the semester.
    Last edited by euphemia; 10-11-2014 at 08:13 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Meh. "Rightys" and "Leftys" alike have more than their fair share of Statist dogma. For better or worse, the "Leftys" just tend to not be as good at rhetoric and outright lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Right or left makes no never mind. Government educrats are in an orbit all their own.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    On her permanent record. Follows her to adulthood. Background checks. Getting passed over for jobs. Gets involved in the crime parade. Drugs. Stealing. Early death.

Anything else?...

move along, and put this in the $#@! it file.
    The "permanent" record isn't as permanent as many are led to believe. I was suspended practically monthly, expelled once (for something relating to her "offense"), it's a joke.

Colleges look at grades, sure. What happened in high school, sometimes.

And the way it is now, it doesn't matter if you are an insane, mentally challenged dope fiend, they'll loan you the money for college courses.

In my opinion, people need to quit hyping up this permanent record thing as if it's some sort of make or break deal for success. Work hard, strive to learn, become knowledgeable in given field... no one gives a $#@! about what happened in grade school. They're putting too much stress on these kids as if their life is ruined because of after school detention or whatever. High school matters simply for scholarships, aside from that, it's a joke.

They'll give a loan to the hooker on the corner.

A criminal record is different, even if the charge is dismissed. It still shows up unless you pay a fee. Even then though, I've never run into trouble. If they ask me about anything in particular during an interview, I'm able to explain the ridiculousness.

Besides, I've never been convicted.

In my opinion, people need to quit hyping up this permanent record thing as if it's some sort of make or break deal for success. Work hard, strive to learn, become knowledgeable in given field... no one gives a $#@! about what happened in grade school. They're putting too much stress on these kids as if their life is ruined because of after school detention or whatever. High school matters simply for scholarships, aside from that, it's a joke.
    I think you are missing the point...maybe it is a "joke", now, or at least when you went through it.

Point is, there should be no such thing in a free society.

Besides, are you prepared to tell me, with 100% certainty, that there will never come a time where a school record of psychiatric treatment of any kind, will prohibit you from, say, exercising your right to bear arms? Or obtain a job? Or buy the neccesary government "permits" to start a business?

Massive databases, a personal dang'an that follows you everywhere and government's and corporation's love of big data tells me otherwise.

Yes. It is amazing what information is being collected about children. Most of it is information that is nobody's business.

Glad we home schooled.
    #NashvilleStrong

I think you are missing the point...maybe it is a "joke", now, or at least when you went through it.

Point is, there should be no such thing in a free society.

Besides, are you prepared to tell me, with 100% certainty, that there will never come a time where a school record of psychiatric treatment of any kind, will prohibit you from, say, exercising your right to bear arms? Or obtain a job? Or buy the neccesary government "permits" to start a business?

Massive databases, a personal dang'an that follows you everywhere and government's and corporation's love of big data tells me otherwise.
    Oh of course not. I'm sure it's permanent to an extent. That is to say that the school retains the file for as long as they see fit (probably even a federal mandate on it). Psychiatrists are able to access the information with parental or court permission... but then again, what of the parents who drug their children? (that's a conversation for another day)

I was brought up and told that everything I did was in my permanent record and that it would affect this or that. If you added all the days I was suspended or simply not there, probably two years of thirteen years were absent. The majority of which was me being forbidden from school. I've never had anyone ask me about it. Colleges, employers, etc.--Not a one. But then again I still received good grades (part of it is "social promotion" [they can't fail people continuously because of age restrictions so they pass people absent them being competent in the learning material]) Even me being suspended, I just did the work at home, afterwards went fishing, camping... a lot of foosball and darts, lmao... it was a joke. I never was "socially promoted" and in fact graduated early with my final year only having two classes (which I still hardly went to).

Never has anyone asked me why I was expelled in elementary or why I was constantly suspended. Though at the time I remember thinking that all hope was lost. Oh, I was suspended another two days, what in the world will I do with myself as an unemployable adult? They put these standardized tests on children and discipline them for nothing, teach them all towards the middle and with a certain spelled out curriculum.... I mean, it doesn't get much more hopeless for a child who does not learn as others do, but fails tests because they didn't "show their work" as the curriculum requires, who is told day in and out that pointless and time wasting tests affect everything in life.. I just find it all rather sad. I went that route. I know the truth of it all. It's permanent in the sense that there is probably federal requirements to retain the information but a job never asks. And if they do, $#@! working for them. Probably the type of company to GPS their employees and forbid smoking on property whatsoever even in one's vehicle.

This girl here hopefully educates herself and uses it as a positive. Let me talk to the boss's boss, for instance, we'll have no problem recognizing areas we agree on. When my political position is realized, I've talked for hours with whoever. And not on any superficial R v D base but rather the fact that we both despise being stolen from for the money to be squandered in piss in the face manners.

A criminal record is different as they'll toss aside the application simply because of a conviction. Not simply that, but dismissals are there until you pay more money to have them "expunged," rather, removed.

Your points are certainly valid. I just don't want kids to think life is make or break on trigonometry grades. They won't teach kids about debt and credit but sure enough if you can't do algebra, you are a failure unworthy of life. I have no statistics in hand but can imagine quite a few have killed themselves because of such absurd direction.

Couldn't agree more.

I was just as bad, if not worse, smoking, dope, suspensions, dropped out and GED in hand out the door at sixteen.

Now I make four times as much as what those people that told me I was throwing my life away, make. (h/t Louie Anderson)

I cannot recall a single time, in almost 35 years of working for a living, where anybody asked me about any of that nonsense.

♫ ♫ "When I think back at all the crap I learned in High School...

It's a wonder I can think at all...

But my lack of education hasn't hurt me none...

I can read the writing on the wall. ♫ ♫

Now, what is disturbing to me, is how just an arrest, let alone a conviction, is enough to toss you to the side.

Oh of course not. I'm sure it's permanent to an extent. That is to say that the school retains the file for as long as they see fit (probably even a federal mandate on it). Psychiatrists are able to access the information with parental or court permission... but then again, what of the parents who drug their children? (that's a conversation for another day)

I was brought up and told that everything I did was in my permanent record and that it would affect this or that. If you added all the days I was suspended or simply not there, probably two years of thirteen years were absent. The majority of which was me being forbidden from school. I've never had anyone ask me about it. Colleges, employers, etc.--Not a one. But then again I still received good grades (part of it is "social promotion" [they can't fail people continuously because of age restrictions so they pass people absent them being competent in the learning material]) Even me being suspended, I just did the work at home, afterwards went fishing, camping... a lot of foosball and darts, lmao... it was a joke. I never was "socially promoted" and in fact graduated early with my final year only having two classes (which I still hardly went to).

Never has anyone asked me why I was expelled in elementary or why I was constantly suspended. Though at the time I remember thinking that all hope was lost. Oh, I was suspended another two days, what in the world will I do with myself as an unemployable adult? They put these standardized tests on children and discipline them for nothing, teach them all towards the middle and with a certain spelled out curriculum.... I mean, it doesn't get much more hopeless for a child who does not learn as others do, but fails tests because they didn't "show their work" as the curriculum requires, who is told day in and out that pointless and time wasting tests affect everything in life.. I just find it all rather sad. I went that route. I know the truth of it all. It's permanent in the sense that there is probably federal requirements to retain the information but a job never asks. And if they do, $#@! working for them. Probably the type of company to GPS their employees and forbid smoking on property whatsoever even in one's vehicle.

This girl here hopefully educates herself and uses it as a positive. Let me talk to the boss's boss, for instance, we'll have no problem recognizing areas we agree on. When my political position is realized, I've talked for hours with whoever. And not on any superficial R v D base but rather the fact that we both despise being stolen from for the money to be squandered in piss in the face manners.

A criminal record is different as they'll toss aside the application simply because of a conviction. Not simply that, but dismissals are there until you pay more money to have them "expunged," rather, removed.

Your points are certainly valid. I just don't want kids to think life is make or break on trigonometry grades. They won't teach kids about debt and credit but sure enough if you can't do algebra, you are a failure unworthy of life. I have no statistics in hand but can imagine quite a few have killed themselves because of such absurd direction.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-11-2014 at 09:18 PM.

Chester Copperpot

yeah if this kid ever wants to run for public office youd bet your ass somebody would be checking everything with a microscope up their ass.. ooh look at this you had suicidal thoughts in grade school.. oh you were once warned about shooting fellow classmates.. if ron paul had this on his record it woulda been drug up in 2007 no problem..

kid is too young to enter into a contract... school board should be sued

Couldn't agree more.

I was just as bad, if not worse, smoking, dope, suspensions, dropped out and GED in hand out the door at sixteen.

Now I make four times as much as what those people that told me I was throwing my life away, make. (h/t Louie Anderson)

I cannot recall a single time, in almost 35 years of working for a living, where anybody asked me about any of that nonsense.

♫ ♫ "When I think back at all the crap I learned in High School...

It's a wonder I can think at all...

But my lack of education hasn't hurt me none...

I can read the writing on the wall. ♫ ♫

Now, what is disturbing to me, is how just an arrest, let alone a conviction, is enough to toss you to the side.
    You know, and God Bless. Hard work and persistence does pay off. Had a significant portion of my life not been wasted to futile and worthless efforts, I'd be a much more employable adult (not to mention, simply knowing things I aspire to know). I'd love to learn to weld, to operate CNC machinery, etc. etc. etc. Instead I can explain triangles when asked. I was hardly taught (though my father taught me) decimal inch or measurement as most in the school I went to could not comprehend a thing and shouted without reason (their fathers often being gone, and simply the environment being a large factor [though that is a topic for another day]). I will say a significant (to me, anyways) portion of my life was wasted... some 15,000 hours.

It's just sad. Questions worded in a deliberately tricky manner, the answers as well... I remember many, many, people crying that they couldn't walk because they did not pass a single test. Some only missed it by an answer or two.

You have people paid to come to the schools to express the importance of college. They look at job growth, etc. The amount of pharmacy technicians could never be absorbed (though I suppose if they continue on the path of drugging children for being children, many will find a job). It's a completely $#@!ed situation.

The issue of dismissed cases being made public and available absent paying more money to the courts is criminal. I'd liken it to extortion.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post
    yeah if this kid ever wants to run for public office youd bet your ass somebody would be checking everything with a microscope up their ass.. ooh look at this you had suicidal thoughts in grade school.. oh you were once warned about shooting fellow classmates.. if ron paul had this on his record it woulda been drug up in 2007 no problem..

kid is too young to enter into a contract... school board should be sued
    Your Thoughtcrime is reported, comrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

- Education by design will expand ones mind as much as possible.
    - School by design is intended to $#@! up ones mind as severely as possible.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Drew something that "looked like a gun" and then aimed an object at someone else and said "pew pew." Would the school feel better about it if it were just a young child exploring the wonders of human anatomy? Somehow I think they would, and somehow that makes me sadder.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Should we ban crayons?

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    Should we ban crayons?
    Ban kids, problem solved.

She was probably just imitating what she saw a cop do before. No need to worry, she's a future hero in training.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.