Thread: Free Energy Nitinol Heat Machines invented in the early 1970s

Free Energy Nitinol Heat Machines invented in the early 1970s

Back in the 70's there were numerous studies being done on this remarkable free energy engine made with components of Nitinol. CNN did a piece on this technology and at the time, science was excited that this was something extraordinary. My question is this? Does big oil have the amount of clout to keep something as revolutionary as this under wraps? I think I already know the answer, our economy is based on oil and war, if this Nitinol innovation took off, it would gut our economy. Simple answer to this...there's no money to be made off of it.

On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Physical weaponization of energy is the more relevant problem that some have. Economic application not so much.

This blows my mind completely, the applications are endless and basically free energy.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Hardly free. It takes energy to warm the water. I imagine more energy to warm the water then what is produced.
    Libertarians - trying to improve the world through ideas and free markets rather than legislation and prisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bman View Post
    Hardly free. It takes energy to warm the water. I imagine more energy to warm the water then what is produced.
    Did you watch the video? If you did, maybe you missed the part where they explain possible ways to get warm water and also, it only takes 20 degrees centigrade difference in the temperatures to make this phenomenon work.
    On Trump:

Quote Originally Posted by Bman View Post
    This is one area where solar energy could be quite useful..
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Physical weaponization of energy is the more relevant problem that some have. Economic application not so much.
    free energy... would destroy the "economy" as we know it today.

this fact shocked me when I came to understand it.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Why have I not heard of this? Why has everyone not heard of it and is not using it?

Simply, nickel titanium.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Why have I not heard of this? Why has everyone not heard of it and is not using it?
    I think we know the answer to that my friend.
    On Trump:

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    free energy... would destroy the "economy" as we know it today.

this fact shocked me when I came to understand it.
    "economy"? And, just what is that? Is it my wellbeing, yours? Or some small groups wellbeing?

Is it "necessary" for the "economy" that everyone work their first hour of the day paying to get to and from work?
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Simply, nickel titanium.
    Heh. I remember some place around here that someone had asked about what to invest in and I said nickel. It sounded like the dumbest response to the person's question, I imagine. Ah well. It was a couple of years ago...

I should have made a poll asking how many have heard of Nitinol. I know I hadn't before a couple days ago.
    On Trump:

See? And this is why conspiracy theories are not necessarily nuts.

Those that knowledge don't feel responsible for disseminating that knowledge. Even though, in many cases, it is our labor paying for them to run the experiments that discover such knowledge.

We pay for our own enslavement and for knowledge that we never receive.

See? And this is why conspiracy theories are not necessarily nuts.

Those that knowledge don't feel responsible for disseminating that knowledge. Even though, in many cases, it is our labor paying for them to run the experiments that discover such knowledge.

We pay for our own enslavement and for knowledge that we never receive.
    It would seem to me that there had to be quite a concerted effort to keep the lid on this. But no one can deny that they did.
    On Trump:

"economy"? And, just what is that?
    good question..

ever thought about it? can the "economy" grow forever?
    and what will happen if it does?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Okay, you can buy it on ebay. I may purchase some (fairly expensive) just to experiment. I hope it's good stuff, like LLL was using.

But something doesn't seem right. The video in the OP made claims that seem to be refuted by statements made now. Like after 23 million cycles it gets stronger.
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 10-10-2014 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    good question..

ever thought about it? can the "economy" grow forever?
    and what will happen if it does?

Yes, I have. The "economy" is a collectivist term in the sense that it is usually used.

The value of labor going out of a community is not good for the community unless it adds value equally. The value of a persons labor going out of his household is also not good for the household unless it adds value equally.

Value seems to float upwards and compress in the "economy".

Hot air rises and compresses against the ceiling. More heat is added by what means? By what force? What is a good analogy with the "economy"?
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 10-10-2014 at 09:39 PM.

I'd like to see some mechanical designs for powerful "engines"... only finding simple concept/lab demo designs on Google.
    I think they would have two pairs of in/out pipes (hot flow and cold flow for the heat exchange liquid @20 or more degrees C differential).
    Maybe a optimized multi-staged system (like an aircraft fuel/blade turbine engines uses) to get maximum energy out of the heat exchange as the temp differential is lost.

Sounds interesting.

Also, shaped plates might be to work with. Everyone seems to be going for higher RPM using smaller wires. The gasoline/diesel engines started out with lower RPMS for high torque.

bump for awareness
    On Trump:

Heat engines are nothing new. The sterling engine has been around for a century. Is this engine more efficient than a sterling? Might be. But I doubt it. The sterling engine is pretty efficient.

And the thread title is simply wrong. This engine runs on energy produced somewhere else. It converts thermal energy from another source into kinetic energy. It doesn't GENERATE any energy.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton