Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enraged hawk smashes drone to the ground

Rambo was pissed!

The Sheeple Could Take a Lesson
    Becky Akers

When a “drone was sent into the skies above the chimpanzee enclosure at Royal Burgers’ Zoo, in Arnhem, the Netherlands, to take footage for a TV programme,” one of the inmates “lashe[d] out with the stick and score[d] a direct hit. The aircraft [fell] to the ground…”

Last year, a ram in New Zealand reacted similarly to a “quadcopter.”

Chimps, rams–and hopefully at some point the supine American bovine. Or as Andreatta G put it when forwarding the first story to me, “Chimps lead the way on surveillance.”

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog...take-a-lesson/
    Ram Rage: Angry Sheep Takes Out Drone

Footage has emerged of the irate creature slamming into a drone after it got too close to him in Nelson, New Zealand.

The bad-tempered ram is seen chewing grass as the quadcopter descends above it.

But as it hovers in front of the animal, dubbed "Rambro", he lowers his head and charges the drone, sending it tumbling into a nearby bush.

When owner Marty Todd went to retrieve the equipment, he was also sent packing after the ram knocked him sprawling to the ground.

Mr Todd, who has set up Facebook page Angry Ram to chronicle his encounters with the grumpy creature, rescued the animal from its previous owner.

http://news.sky.com/story/1330757/ra...akes-out-drone

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    These reminded me of this vid. I think we should train the hawks--look at how much fire power it took to take that drone out. LOL

Last edited by Terry1; 04-14-2015 at 06:46 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Rambo was pissed!

lmao! I swear I head that ram laugh.

we need drone police
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Great video.
    Enraged hawk smashes drone to the ground.
    Somehow I was expecting an angry John Mccain taking his rage out on a drone.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Chubby Tigers Catch, Destroy Exercise Drone

Some chubby tigers in a Chinese wildlife habitat apparently didn't take kindly to their exercise routine, catching and destroying a drone meant to get them moving, UPI reports. Footage released by China Central Television shows one of the Siberian tigers catching up to the drone and knocking it out of the air. The tigers take bites out of the downed drone until it starts smoking and frightens them off. The drone wreckage was later retrieved by a staff member in a secure vehicle. Gizmodo notes the drone appeared to be a DJI Inspire, which is usually "very stable"—at least until it runs into a big ol' tiger paw.

http://www.newser.com/story/238825/c...ise-drone.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

That hawk was awesome.
    I'm the crazy bird lady in the neighborhood.
    I have total confidence that if someone were to fly one of those stupid drones over my backyard, all of my wild birds would swarm and destroy it.
    I have a Red-tailed hawk that shows up every few weeks too.
    *evil laughter*

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    That hawk was awesome.
    I'm the crazy bird lady in the neighborhood.
    I have total confidence that if someone were to fly one of those stupid drones over my backyard, all of my wild birds would swarm and destroy it.
    I have a Red-tailed hawk that shows up every few weeks too.
    *evil laughter*
    You might enjoy this thread about a crow story.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ighlight=crows

I love to watch wild birds. Especially, my crazy little humming birds. I've got one $#@! that shows up every year and guards my feeders. I call him pecker head. He sits on a low branch nearby and diver bombs any other humming birds that try to feed. That's not unusual but the funny part is he's not very good at it and runs into my screen (the feeders hang outside the windows of my sun room) and gets his beak stuck. Another crazy thing about the humming birds - We had a hornets nest build under the gutter on our second story. Well, Mr Animal decided to knock it down with a basketball (I was watching from the safety of the sun room) and when the hornets flew out mad, the humming birds attacked them. We did not see that coming. o_O It was a crazy humming bird vs hornet battle out there for a few hours.

I live in the country so we get a lot hawks. The road I live off of is heavily wooded on each side and, on more than one occasion, I've witnessed a hawk dive down and grab a little critter trying to cross it. The wing span on those things is incredible. But my all time favorite bird is probably a buzzard. I just think they're so cool and after learning all about them at a birds of prey show, I walked away with a new respect for them. One cool thing I learned is that they're starting to study infectious diseases among humans in areas with and without large buzzard populations and they're finding the larger the buzzard population, the healthier the human population. I makes sense. Buzzards are nature's clean up crew.

I also have little house wrens that build a nest in my garage on the shelf right above the doggie door. The funny thing is, they USE the doggy door to get in and out of the garage. My old doge is used to them and he'll stand there and let them get out of the way before he passes through. They have their little babies in there and I can go in the garage and watch them practice flying and they'll even start chirping if I walk in the garage when they're waiting for food - I guess they hear a noise and think I'm their mommy. If I say something, they get quiet. Mr Animal hates them because they do kinda crap all over everything (anything that gets stored out there has to be put in a garbage bag) but I love them.

Oddly enough, I don't like pet birds. They gross me out. My in-laws had a parrot and I hated that nasty thing. Especially, the tongue.*shudders* And don't even get me started on chickens. Only two critters have ever attacked me - a Chihuahua and a rooster and I didn't do anything to either of them. The rooster left a scar on my eye. When that thing attacked me, my daddy snatched it up and killed it, then he killed all our chickens because I was afraid of them. I'm not afraid of them anymore but I still hate them. I'll snatch one up and wring it's neck in a heartbeat if it looks at me funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12