Thread: A statist says the Free State Project is taking away his rights

Wink A statist says the Free State Project is taking away his rights

This letter to the editor is so insane. It is full of lies and slavery is freedom references. This guy needs to get back on his meds. I hope he is doing okay. Surely, though, free staters must be doing something right to inspire this type of laughable hatred? You are welcome to join in on the fun in New Hampshire http://freestateproject.org/join

Free State Project is ‘destroying my government’
    www.seacoastonline.com
    A look into the mind of a delusional statist

To the Editor:

You, my friends, have rights. You have the same rights as anybody else. You have the same rights as any member of the Free State Project (FSP), or legislators sympathetic to that cause. The only difference between you and them is that you care about, and strive to protect, the rights of others. The FSP is only concerned with those who believe as they do.

The goal of the Free State organizers is to change New Hampshire and its government. Did they ask you if you felt the same way? They sure didn’t ask me! Since their arrival in New Hampshire they have been trying to destroy our government, hoping that volunteerism and free enterprise will fill the void. They have come here to make New Hampshire freer so that they can live with more freedom but, they are the ones stomping on the freedom of others.

As a result of the 2010 election, the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance (NHLA), a main organization for carrying out the strategies of the FSP, orchestrated the election of Representative Bill O’Brien to the position of House speaker. As speaker, Mr. O’Brien employed strong arm tactics to oust long-term Republicans and replace them with Free Stators. He used such tactics to introduce and pass legislation to remove any and all government impacts on liberty and property rights and diminished the importance of protecting and promoting the common good.

It appears that Representative O’Brien is working hard to “stack the deck” for the November election thus ensuring that the Republicans regain control of the house and he regains the speaker’s position. If that happens, your rights as a non-Free State, Libertarian, and citizen will be lost.

Your right to be safe from accidental or deliberate gun violence will be lost. Bill O’Brien will again ensure that all citizens, including convicted felons, will be allowed to open carry weapons anywhere they go and use them at will. Have we not learned anything from all of the senseless killings in the past two years?

Your right to be safe on the highways will be lost because he will prohibit the police from conducting sobriety checkpoints.

Your right to ensure the health and wellbeing of your family will be lost because they will again eliminate essential health services for the most vulnerable, the elderly and disabled. They will eliminate the N.H. Healthy Kids program, they will repeal the prevention program for at-risk child program, and they will eliminate the Children in Need of Services program.

Your right to ensure a good education for your children, regardless of your financial status, will be lost because they will abolish the state Department of Education, permit parent instructed education instead of public education, and will divert public taxpayer monies to private and religious schools. They will repeal public kindergarten and will allow teens to drop out of school before they are 18.

Your right to affordable health care was delayed, and the state lost millions of dollars in government funding to establish a health care exchange program managed by the state. Ironically the program we now have is managed by the government because O’Brien refused to accept the ACA.

On and on it goes. The bottom line is this; a vote for a Republican state representative candidate is a vote to return Bill O’Brien to the speakership. If you are not a Free State supporter, your rights and freedom will be lost.

Dick Desrosiers

Chairman of the Hampton Democratic Committee
    Feel free to join in on the Fedbook conversation. https://www.facebook.com/FreeStatePr...98087420234506
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, statists, we're coming and trying to take away your freedoms to other people's lives, liberty and property.

Other comments: (1) This was written at an 8th grade level. Not that it's easy to read for eighth graders, but that it looks like it was written by an eighth grader.

(2) This man has no ability to make any distinctions between "out groups": the FSP is the same thing as the NHLC, is the same thing as the Republicans, is the same thing as Free Staters, is the same thing as Muslim Terrorists, is the same thing as Satan. If you're not an establishment Democrat, you're the devil.

(3) "The goal of the Free State organizers is to change New Hampshire and its government. Did they ask you if you felt the same way? They sure didn’t ask me!" So what's his goal? Isn't support for the ACA "changing NH and its government"? Isn't their entire system of representative democracy the process by which he is "asked" if he feels the same way? IF AN FSP INSIRED GOVERNMENT DOESN'T EARN THIS MAN'S CONSENT, HE WOULD BE FREE TO NOT SUPPORT IT! The same can't be said in reverse.
    "You cannot solve these problems with war." - Ron Paul

As speaker, Mr. O’Brien employed strong arm tactics to oust long-term Republicans and replace them with Free Stators.

There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

I had to read it twice before I got it.

Epic.

I owe you a rep.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I had to read it twice before I got it.

Epic.

I owe you a rep.
    Indeed. Lol!

Your right to be safe on the highways will be lost because he will prohibit the police from conducting sobriety checkpoints.
    Only a zombie could consider this freedom...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Only a zombie could consider this freedom...

Slavery is freedom mundane. What? Did you miss Orwell's memo?

Now get the $#@! back in line. - officer unfriendly
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Unfortunately, even intelligent people fall into the whole "Common good" rigamorole. I've seen it happen.

Its unfortunate.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Unfortunately, even intelligent people fall into the whole "Common good" rigamorole. I've seen it happen.

Its unfortunate.
    It is the quintessence of collectivism, put in practice by statism.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

His examples of 'rights' are peculiar at best.

I mean, whose fault is it if your teen drops out of high school? You had a right to see your kid graduate or something? Maybe you should put on your parenting pants.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 10-10-2014 at 02:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    [/COLOR]

Where's da coppar?

I'm impressed! This is the most sincere endorsement of the FSP I have seen yet.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Ian wrote up something about this on Free Keene. I won't post it here but here is the link.

More Proof That Free Staters Would Be Hated Without Keene Activism
    by Ian Freeman | Oct 10, 2014
    http://freekeene.com/2014/10/10/more...eene-activism/

Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    Where's da coppar?
    If there was any copper, it would be bound.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    ... You are welcome to join in on the fun in New Hampshire http://freestateproject.org/join
    Once you get this guy and the statists like him to leave New Hampshire...I might have no choice but to move there; the draw would be too strong.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtap View Post
    Once you get this guy and the statists like him to leave New Hampshire...I might have no choice but to move there; the draw would be too strong.
    There is no way to get that large a percentage of the population to leave any state. Well, if the rapture were a thing, maybe it could? But yeah, I just don't see that happening. Plus, we need him in NH to same insane things and increase recruiting for free staters