Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rec'd a B+ from NRA

Rec'd a B+ from NRA

source: https://www.nrapvf.org/grades/new-hampshire/

Here are my responses to the NRA candidate questionnaire: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Questionnaire
    Last edited by skfornh; 10-09-2014 at 09:53 PM. Reason: link
    Republican candidate for New Hampshire State House of Representatives

please donate at shemkellogg.com

bitcoin and precious metals gratefully accepted!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Not an A? Tsk.. tsk.. tsk..
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I'm guessing it was because he allowed for private property owners to not allow guns on their property, and because he didn't know about that one NRA program (even without knowing what it is, I wouldn't be endorsing an alternative program in a government school either.) I wouldn't worry about it.

Yes, I suspect I didn't get an A from them because they didn't like my response to Question No. 18 on their candidate survey

My responses are here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Questionnaire

That and maybe the fact that I'm not a member?

Or maybe it was your lack of enthusiasm for Eddie Eagle.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

- Kim Kardashian

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How does the GOA rate ya, Shem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

That's a good question. I returned their candidate survey (and I'm a lifer) but haven't heard anything back. Same with NAGR.

Responses to both of those surveys in this subforum.

Quote Originally Posted by skfornh View Post
    That's a good question. I returned their candidate survey (and I'm a lifer) but haven't heard anything back. Same with NAGR.

Responses to both of those surveys in this subforum.
    And that's why the NRA is better known even though GOA is a better organization IMO. The NRA, love em or hate em, does make sure their voice is heard.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

That's pretty typical for someone with no voting record. Even if you rock the survey if they don't have a voting record to verify your stances you get downgraded. I think I had a B+ when I ran in 2010 and then an A+ when I ran in 2012 once I had a record.

Quote Originally Posted by skfornh View Post
    Yes, I suspect I didn't get an A from them because they didn't like my response to Question No. 18 on their candidate survey

My responses are here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Questionnaire
    Employee vehicles are their private property, even when parked in someone else's lot.

Ok, so knowing what you know about civil asset forfeiture and the abuses thereof, how can you support sales of confiscated firearms for the express purpose of lining the pockets of the department?
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

I can't stand the NRA.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I can't stand the NRA.
    Why?
    Stop believing stupid things

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The NRA shared your website under your endorsement. That something the NRA didn't do for most of the candidates it endorsed. Though, maybe most of them don't have websites?

https://www.nrapvf.org/grades/new-hampshire/

Shem Kellogg
    Candidate (R)
    http://www.shemkellogg.com/
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    Why?
    For more reasons than I can name.

Because they were founded by a Yankee General, because Yankees were not good enough at shooting Southern Patriots in the War of Northern Aggression.

The National Rifle Association was first chartered in the state of New York on November 17, 1871[4] by Army and Navy Journal editor William Conant Church and General George Wood Wingate. Its first president was Union Army Civil War General Ambrose Burnside, who had worked as a Rhode Island gunsmith, and Wingate was the original secretary of the organization. Church succeeded Burnside as president in the following year.
    Union Army records for the Civil War indicate that its troops fired about 1,000 rifle shots for each Confederate soldier hit, causing General Burnside to lament his recruits: "Out of ten soldiers who are perfect in drill and the manual of arms, only one knows the purpose of the sights on his gun or can hit the broad side of a barn."[9] The generals attributed this to the use of volley tactics, devised for earlier, less accurate smoothbore muskets https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...le_Association
    Because they are not consistently Pro Second Amendment. Because they refuse to endorse the most Pro Second Amendment candidate in a race, they will endorse lukewarm guys who have previously held office, over fire breathing Constitutionalists who have never held office.

Because they supported, and are supporting Anti Gun bills, the '68 Gun Control act, along with Anti Gun measures in Delaware, and other Anti Gun bills:
    http://www.dailypaul.com/285165/nra-...nd-gun-control
    http://www.dailypaul.com/144200/nra-...ernization-act

Because they constantly sabotage pro gun bills across the country, especially Constitutional Carry bills. Because they will fight against real Pro Gun groups, and then turn around and claim credit for their successes. Because the NRA, and their State Affiliates like the Texas State Rifle Association bash Open Carry and those who support it.
    NRA To Open Carry Texas: Public Demonstrations ‘Downright Weird, Downright Scary’

http://www.dailypaul.com/320070/nra-...wnright-scary/

They are Anti Gun money grubbing backstabbing scumbags. http://www.nrawol.net/faq/

GOA, and NAGR are real pro gun groups.
    Last edited by William Tell; 10-10-2014 at 10:31 AM.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    GOA, and NAGR are real pro gun groups.
    Don't forget http://jpfo.org/

NRA does a lot of good when it comes to training.

If they never stepped outside of that, I'd be a fan.

But they don't, and they therefore invite us to evaluate the NRA on how it protects 2nd Amendment rights.
    Considering that every piece of gun control legislation we suffer under got passed under their watchful eye, I give them an F--.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    Don't forget http://jpfo.org/
    Not for much longer, if they are going to be taken over by the sellout 'Second Amendment Foundation' as sounds likely
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/s...orbed-into-saf

Sellout: JPFO to be handed off to SAF — unless we stop it

Friday, August 22nd, 2014 I was hoping I wouldn’t have to post this, but now that we’re out of alternatives I’ll be as succinct as I can and attempt (no doubt unsuccessfully) to keep my most heated personal judgments to a minimum.
    —–
    “A housewife and a cat will both chase mice out of the kitchen. But the cat wants more mice to come back.”
    — Aaron Zelman
    Somebody reminded me this week of that statement from Aaron, the late, great founder of Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership. That was how Aaron contrasted himself and JPFO with Alan Gottlieb and Gottlieb’s SAF/CCRKBA.
    Aaron wanted to educate people so that victim disarmament would go away. He would have been thrilled to be able to close JPFO’s doors and say, “We’ve done it.”
    On the other hand, he despised Alan Gottlieb and saw him as an opportunist who used scary mailings to turn SAF/CCRKBA into a fundraising factory. He saw Gottlieb as a person who needed and wanted “gun control” because that’s what kept the money and the publicity flowing.
    http://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/C...ed-off-to-saf/

~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    NRA does a lot of good when it comes to training.

If they never stepped outside of that, I'd be a fan.

But they don't, and they therefore invite us to evaluate the NRA on how it protects 2nd Amendment rights.
    Considering that every piece of gun control legislation we suffer under got passed under their watchful eye, I give them an F--.

Cannot rep this enough.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    Why?
    as an example, they endorsed antigun Thom Tillis against progun Greg Brannon simply because they thought Tillis more likely to win.

That's pretty typical of how the NRA does.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    as an example, they endorsed antigun Thom Tillis against progun Greg Brannon simply because they thought Tillis more likely to win.

Greg Brannon was literally amazing. I so badly wish he had won. He sounded Ron Paul caliber when I listened to him. Any organization that would have endorsed an establishment candidate over him isn't worth anything.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post

It's worse than that, though. Their policy rules out people who have never held office from receiving their endorsement. In the race for Alabama District 1, they endorsed RINO former Democrat Bradley Byrne, while giving Constitutional Conservative Dean Young ' The Highest Rating for Non - Politician' as Dean put it. Dean posted this on facebook:
    The NRA has a policy that they will always endorse the politician over a new comer. In the letter they sent they said that they were giving us the highest score they could give to someone who has not been an elected official.October 19, 2013 at 3:54am · 7
    So they might endorse you, Gunny, as you have held office. But if I was to run against John Cornyn for example, they would NEVER endorse me.
    Last edited by William Tell; 10-10-2014 at 02:21 PM.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Employee vehicles are their private property, even when parked in someone else's lot.
    Your body is your private property, even when on someone else's land. In fact, your body is more intimately yours than your vehicle, and I don't think you'd disagree that I have the right to not allow you to carry weapons on my property.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Greg Brannon was literally amazing. I so badly wish he had won. He sounded Ron Paul caliber when I listened to him. Any organization that would have endorsed an establishment candidate over him isn't worth anything.
    Better than Ron Paul, frankly. Ron's strict adherence to Constitutionalism, with Rand's rhetoric and charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Your body is your private property, even when on someone else's land. In fact, your body is more intimately yours than your vehicle, and I don't think you'd disagree that I have the right to not allow you to carry weapons on my property.
    Are you saying I can't carry my weapons on your body?

Are you saying I can't carry my weapons on your body?
    I don't think that's the issue. If one believes in absolute property rights, then you have no 'right' to come on any given piece of property. If someone invites you on his land, then he can give conditions, and you may accept them. Or go away.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

You missed my subtle joke, William Tell!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast