Thread: Rand to attend 3 NH rallies and a pizza party on 10-16-2014

Rand to attend 3 NH rallies and a pizza party on 10-16-2014

Rand Paul will attend three rallies and a PSU College Republican pizza party in New Hampshire on October 16th. All of the details aren't out yet but here is what we know.

So yeah, Rand is not just endorsing Scott Brown, he is actively campaigning for him.

Salem is Marilinda Garcia's home town. When Rand Paul spoke at a recent GenOp party in Manchester, Garcia also spoke there. She is a millennial that is endorsed by Justin Amash and Ted Cruz.

Rand Paul to rally GOP ahead of Clinton visit
    By DAN TUOHY
    New Hampshire Union Leader
    http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...WS06/141009088

Paul’s schedule has him starting the day at 9 a.m. with a get-out-the-vote rally at Republican Senate hopeful Scott Brown’s campaign headquarters [at 579 Elm Street] in Manchester, just a short walk down Elm Street from where Clinton will speak that evening.

Paul then plans to be at a rally at 10:15 a.m. at the Republican State Committee’s office at 10 Water St. in Concord, followed by a noon pizza party with Plymouth State University College Republicans, and then a rally at the Republicans’ field office at 356 South Broadway in Salem.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Will there be gluten free pizza options?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Spending so much political capital on someone who is going to lose and the liberty movement hates (Brown). After completely abandoning the liberty movement, in New Hampshire, during the primary. Who is telling Rand this is a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    Spending so much political capital on someone who is going to lose and the liberty movement hates (Brown). After completely abandoning the liberty movement, in New Hampshire, during the primary. Who is telling Rand this is a good idea?
    Didn't seem to be help his poll numbers. http://www.politico.com/story/2014/1...re-111753.html
    Rand Paul 5%

Losing to Huckabee and tied with Santorum in NH. Ron Paul got like 25% there.

Matt Collins.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Were you not at the special meeting at Murphy's where Brown tried to appeal to free staters and company No need to answer either way. Anyway, Tea Party folks and the NRA are now involved in NH. NRA has ads attacking Shaheen. So lots of people in DC think it might be possible for Brown to pull this off. Rand Paul isn't alone in his surprising optimism.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Scott brown is such an establishment hack
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

And it isn't just NH, either. There were many Liberty Candidates running all over the place in the recent primaries, and Rand made very few endorsements and appearance on behalf of other candidates during that time. Many missed opportunities.

It is not just Rand, though. Endorsements by people like Amash, Massie, Bridenstine (I don't know about on a national scale, but here in OK, his rarely-given endorsement is Gold), etc would help get decent candidates in everywhere. This is an opportunity missed, IMO.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Making friends and allies in NH seems like a good idea.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Some details on the 3 rallies.

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 16
    WHAT: GOTV Rally in Manchester
    TIME: 9:00 am (ET)
    WHO: Senator Rand Paul
    WHERE: NHGOP Manchester Field Office
    379 Elm Street
    Manchester, NH 03101

WHAT: GOTV Rally in Concord
    TIME: 10:15 am (ET)
    WHERE: NHGOP Headquarters in Concord
    10 Water St
    Concord, NH 03301

WHAT: GOTV Rally in Salem
    TIME: 2:15 pm (ET)
    WHERE: NHGOP Field Office in Salem
    356 S Broadway
    Salem, NH 03079

Quote Originally Posted by dillo View Post
    Scott brown is such an establishment hack
    Huh? Scott Brown is (and would be) 1000x better for NH, the country and Rand+liberty-movement than the statist prog he's running against.

Update on the pizza party.

Plymouth State University Republicans
    https://www.facebook.com/PlymouthSta...type=1&theater
    Share if you agree! One week from today Senator Paul will be sharing his thoughts to the PSU campus. We invite you to come and hang out with the College Republican National Committee with free giveaways. 12 noon in the Hartman Union Building!
    Join us with the College Republican National Committee and National Chairwoman Alex Smith . We'll have plenty of giveaways and CRNC swag!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Making friends and allies in NH seems like a good idea.
    Right?

I mean, come on, people. There is a big difference between spending political capital and earning it. Having the GOP field offices get familiar with him is a good thing.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Rand Paul at his PSU College Republican pizza party.

Leftovers.

Kudos to the Live Free or Die State for nominating Scott Brown! You guys are clearly not living free, RIP soon
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Kudos to the Live Free or Die State for nominating Scott Brown! You guys are clearly not living free, RIP soon
    Thank you Rand Paul and Ted Cruz are big fans of Scott Brown. Heck, this isn't even the first trip Paul has made to NH to campaign for Brown. Brown reminds me of a more intelligent version of Rick Perry (and I'm not just saying that because he was born in NH). They differ on a few issues. For example, Brown is more libertarian on social issues. Overall though, they are both in favor of crazy gun control laws and are neocons

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Thank you Rand Paul and Ted Cruz are big fans of Scott Brown.
    Ha ha.

Heck, this isn't even the first trip Paul has made to NH to campaign for Brown. Brown reminds me of a more intelligent version of Rick Perry (and I'm not just saying that because he was born in NH). They differ on a few issues. For example, Brown is more libertarian on social issues. Overall though, they are both in favor of crazy gun control laws and are neocons
    Translation: Scott Brown is a socially, and otherwise politically liberal piece of turkey $#@!. Nominated in spite of the supposed multitude of liberty activists who moved to Porcville.

Name: Scott Brown

Senate: Massachusetts, Republican

Cumulative Freedom Index Score: 37%

Score Breakdown:
    27% (112th Congress: 2011-2012); 69% (111th Congress: 2009-2010)

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index....nameid=B001268
    Last edited by William Tell; 10-17-2014 at 08:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Video of Rand Paul campaigning for Scott Brown (among other stuff) at PSU in New Hampshire.

If you don't like Brown so much, why do you think Paul is working so hard to get him elected? Why do you think the libertarian AFP is involved in the race? Why do you think the Tea Party Patriots is involved? Why do you think the NRA is involved?

Were you not at the special meeting at Murphy's where Brown tried to appeal to free staters and company No need to answer either way. Anyway, Tea Party folks and the NRA are now involved in NH. NRA has ads attacking Shaheen. So lots of people in DC think it might be possible for Brown to pull this off. Rand Paul isn't alone in his surprising optimism.
    I will be very surprised if he wins. Was I there at the special meeting.... Yes. I was not impressed, he did not know the details of bills he voted on. A lot of people did leave feeling better about Brown... I don't get it. Nothing but empty talking points.

The thing I took away from the meeting was he will vote for every single war/funding for war/spying program/NSA bill etc.

he did not know the details of bills he voted on
    He doesn't need to know the details of what he's voting on, when he'll just vote how mccain tells him to.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

gosh freaking dang this forum. I just got home from a chilli cook out and now I want pizza. I'm serious. How can I be so hungry?

On a side note- I've never been to NH, I'm not positive I could even point it out on a map and I don't know anything about it outside of its first primary status ...

But if the Liberty vote was a significant showing there why is Brown the only hope a repub has of narrowly winning? Could be wrong but don't the liberal politicians always win there?
    Yeah, Ron got 1/4th of the vote but didn't Romney get like ... all the other votes ...

Free state project isn't panning out so well from a national elections stand point me thinks. And if that is true than it a crowd that isn't worth pandering to strategically speaking.