Thread: What a Public School Wants to Call Kids Instead of ‘Boys & Girls’

What a Public School Wants to Call Kids Instead of ‘Boys & Girls’

Oh Gawd, if they had given me that choice when I was in grade school, they would've been calling me Wonder Woman.

Seriously, who sits around and comes up with this $#@!? Ridiculous...

What a Public School Wants to Call Kids Instead of ‘Boys & Girls’ Takes PC To A Warped New Level

A school in Nebraska is stirring up controversy after teachers were reportedly handed training documents instructing them to refrain from calling their students boys or girls.
    The document, obtained by Nebraska Watchdog, wants to make sure teachers aren’t using phrases like “you guys” and “ladies and gentlemen.” Instead, it offers the solution for students to be identified by things that are personally important to them, such as their favorite color or TV show.

Some of the suggestions:
    Don’t use phrases such as ”boys & girls,” ”you guys,” ”ladies and gentlemen,” and similarly gendered expressions to get kids’ attention. Instead say things like ”calling all readers,” or ”hey campers” or “could all of the athletes come here.” Create classroom names and then ask all of the ”purple penguins” to meet at the rug

*Have visual images reinforcing gender inclusion: pictures of people who don’t fit gender norms, signs that ”strike out” sayings like “All Boys…” or ”All Girls…” or “All Genders Welcome” door hangers.

*Look for examples in the media that reinforce gender stereotypes or binary models of gender (it won’t be hard; they’re everywhere!). When with others, call it out and interrogate it.

This isn’t the first time we’ve seen a movement toward gender inclusivity in public schools:
    In 2013, a first-grader who identified as a girl was granted permission to use the girl’s restroom at his Colorado school.
    Also in 2013, a California school determined which students would use the restroom by their gender identity, not their biological sex.
    This September, a Minnesota school passed rules for students to be able to play sports based on their gender identity, not their birth.
    So, which do you prefer to be called? “Ladies and gentlemen” – or the politically correct “purple penguins?”

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/10/1859...eferring-kids/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This thread should be titled "why public schools are satanic."

I identify as a point guard on the University of Kentucky's Men's Basketball Team. But they didn't even give me a sports scholarship to go there. I'm just so sick of the bigotry. I'm going to file a discrimination lawsuit.
    Stop believing stupid things

PC brainwashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Just call them little comrades

We had the animal-related group names and I think those have been around for a very long time. The hilarity here is that those were considered exclusionary, so they went out of style for a long time. When you weren't a Hawk or even a Bluejay, you found yourself being a Crow, which was just code for "your reading level fails at such an extreme rate that we can't have you infecting more advanced children with your stupidity." I guess now it's coming back in fashion, because it allows people to avoid labeling boys as boys and girls as girls, even for the purposes of calling to them at random.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

"He needed killin' " is a valid defense...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Just call them little comrades
    Doubleplusgood comrade!

So unisex bathrooms in elementary schools are OK too, right? That's one of many logical conclusions of this train of thought.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

I think most here would be ok with calling you Wonder Woman.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

This could put a dent in my spy cam business.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I'm not worthy. I'm afraid I couldn't live up to the moniker.

She's such a badass...

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

She's such a badass...

[IMG][/IMG]
    Not the "Wonder" most of us had in mind.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Not the "Wonder" most of us had in mind.

Don't get me wrong, you are...er...wondrous.

In so many ways.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't get me wrong, you are...er...wondrous.

In so many ways.

I'm going to pretend you meant that in a good way.

I'm going to pretend you meant that in a good way.
    Most women hope I mean it otherwise. But You can pretend anything around me.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Most women hope I mean it otherwise.
    I'm not most women.

But You can pretend anything around me.
    Then I am Wonder Woman, you can pilot my my invisible jet since I don't know how to fly. That's what I'm pretending.

She's such a badass...

[IMG][/IMG]

Look at how she blinks. Pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Look at how she blinks. Pussy.

I already do. She does all sorts of wonders for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Then I am Wonder Woman, you can pilot my my invisible jet since I don't know how to fly. That's what I'm pretending.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post

[IMG][/IMG]

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.