Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Benefits of This Homemade Remedy

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post

That fat is actually good for you.
    I left some in but there was too much, over 2" thick!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Should of made some soap. LOL!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Chester Copperpot

FWIW Im still eating bone broth soup I made 2 weeks ago.. In the fridge it built up a layer of fat about 1/8 of an inch... my father suggested I throw it away because its saturated fat while I decided not to throw it away because I feel it may be needed for proper mineral absorption... grassfed animals.. its all good for you IMO.. my dad is part of the standard medical community so him and I disagree on things like cholesterol and saturated fats (I insist these things are healthy and necessary and not dangerous)

Of course although he disagrees with me he will be the first one to admit Ive been right about everything since Ive been 12 or 13 and understood the difference between butter and margarine lol.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    2" thick?? Im guessing the animals were not grassfed?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bone broth lol. This place has gone paleo nuts.

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-21-2016 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    2" thick?? Im guessing the animals were not grassfed?
    That's the only kind of cattle raised in these parts.......

Remember we're talking about 20+# of joint bones per cook...

//

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Give me your best beef-based soup recipe. Gonna make one tomorrow for the week, so give me your favorite.
    Sorry don't have one. But I have been craving some Campbells Oyster stew and crackers for about a month now. Just learned the reason there isn't any on the shelves anywhere is because the discontinued it...

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    Sorry don't have one. But I have been craving some Campbells Oyster stew and crackers for about a month now. Just learned the reason there isn't any on the shelves anywhere is because the discontinued it...
    So that's why I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    So that's why I can't find it.
    afraid so old friend...
    Not even any Hiltons around here....

Give me your best beef-based soup recipe. Gonna make one tomorrow for the week, so give me your favorite.
    Chuck roast cubed

Bone broth

onion

celery

carrots

parsley

garlic

thyme

salt/pepper

barley

Brown meat in butter then saute veggies in juice, toss in broth to dissolve crunchies and dump everything into the crockpot except thyme add water to fill and cook all day.

Add thyme 15 min before serving.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cup up and brown a small top round in a big pot with a little oil
    Use my hands and mush up a #10 can of whole peeled tomatoes and dump them in with the meat (juice, too)
    Beef broth
    Add diced carrots, celery, and onions
    bring that to a simmer for awhile and add
    2 small bags of cut okra (frozen)
    2 small bags of baby lima beans (frozen)
    Cut the kernals off 4 ears of corn and throw that in
    taste and add more beef broth/salt/pepper if needed

I like to eat mine with a dash of Louisiana hot sauce and fresh cornbread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

//

That one sounds pretty much like what DW has made many times. She loves it but I'm not a fan of barley in soups, I don't like the texture at all.

I like the sound of that and nothing at all like something I've made. DW is gonna have a hissy fit about the okra I suspect (too bad, she aint cooking it). Thx.
    I only like okra two ways, in this soup and fried.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-21-2016 at 11:33 PM.

yeah, I happen to like okra. But I remember her words the first time I got her to try one when visiting back home, "It's like a very disappointing jalapeno." I may switch up the okra with something else like green beans just to avoid seeing sad face at the dinner table.

Here's Mr Animal's soup recipe - DO NOT MAKE THIS, IT"S NASTY AS HELL. I love jalapenos but, damn...

Beef Broth
    cabbage
    celery
    onions
    A jar of jalapenos WITH the juice. (1 part jalapeno juice and 2 parts broth)

//

I might actually like that; but I grew up watching my dad take a jar of jalapenos and dip each little jalapeno round into a jar of skippy, then eat it.
    I used to make jalapeno sandwiches (two pieces of bread with a bunch of jalapenos) but that soup grosses me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I only like okra two ways, in this soup and fried.
    I love them pickled. Yum.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I love them pickled. Yum.
    Never heard of pickled okra before. Will have to try that. Wife has been taking okra which is being imported from Chili since it's not in season here and sauteing it in olive oil or baking it, along with the long thin green beans and damn if that isn't delicious!
    I especially love it slightly crispy on the edges yummm
    I have come a long way from the days of throwing a fit over not having a slab of meat on my plate, to actually enjoying a veggie plate. At least now and then...

Never heard of pickled okra before. Will have to try that. Wife has been taking okra which is being imported from Chili since it's not in season here and sauteing it in olive oil or baking it, along with the long thin green beans and damn if that isn't delicious!
    I have come a long way from the days of throwing a fit over not having a slab of meat on my plate, to actually enjoying a veggie plate. At least now and then...
    PS she says to be sure and sprinkle a smidgen of salt and pepper on the okra and green beans if you decide to try this dish.

http://uedata.amazon.com/Talk-Texas-...J1GR0HJ9KGR1Y0

Chester Copperpot

well thats a new one.. i would definitely try those.. i like anything pickled. lol

//

//

That looks just like mine except you left out the corn.

Well I got no complaints and got permission to make it again, provided I leave the okra out next time. Got enough left overs for a

few days.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Addendum to preparing the okra and green beans: Keep okra whole or split longitudinally; leave green beans whole. Oh, and asparagus (thin ones) are equally delicious when sauteed or baked in olive oil.

Best stew I ever ate in my whole life came from an old southern recipe of my fathers. It is a brunswick stew and it's comprised of steak, chicken, corn, assorted vegetables. It takes a couple days to make and must be stirred as it slow cooks. It is however incredibly delicious. Even better after it's been frozen and reheated.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast