Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 47

Thread: Which is more likely to be seized, gold in safety deposit or money in 401K?

  1. #1

    Default Which is more likely to be seized, gold in safety deposit or money in 401K?

    Just wondering what you guys think. I think it would be harder to seize gold from your safety deposit box compared to money in your 401K, but the 401K has safety in numbers. So I'm not really sure.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    Placing physical gold in a place like a post office box? Not a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.




    Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

  4. #3

    Default

    Neither are safe but I would bet they come for the 401k's before they go to each individual bank and open safe deposit boxes. That's not saying they won't do that too, just that they will take the easy way first and then follow up with your gold. Remember, government is lazy.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

    Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.


    Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

  5. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    Neither are safe but I would bet they come for the 401k's before they go to each individual bank and open safe deposit boxes. That's not saying they won't do that too, just that they will take the easy way first and then follow up with your gold. Remember, government is lazy.
    I agree, except that since so many more people own 401Ks, politicians might fear getting kicked out of office. People that own gold are a much, much smaller minority. But the idea of physically going into safety deposit boxes sounds more drastic than electronically trimming some money out of everyone's 401K. It would be hard to put a positive spin on government agents busting into banks like that.

  6. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I agree, except that since so many more people own 401Ks, politicians might fear getting kicked out of office.
    Really. After a goldman sachs parachute. And the same players put forth. No, they do not fear their subjects. The .%3, that's the only group they fear.

  7. #6

    Default

    Both , depending on who you are .My safe deposit box is empty , my families safety deposit box has nothing in it but deeds, those matter not, if it gets that bad , nobody is taking any land from them.On the bright side (one of the few ) , if it does get that bad , no more property tax , the Sheriff is sure as hell not going to come around and put anything up for auction.All of that just props up the school system and it will all be looted rapidly after being closed and children may actually start to learn something important , lol

  8. #7

    Default


    'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

    Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

    'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

    Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

    ...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...


  9. #8

    Default

    Both at the same time.

    -t



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9

    Default

    They're not going to take your 401k under our current elected process. They might shock the markets or raise taxes but there's no point in taking paper money that would need to be sold on an open market. Doing so would immediately crash said market and provide no value to the takers. Also both republicans and democrats have 401ks.

    On the flip side they've already taken the gold less then a 100 yrs ago. What makes you think they won't again?

    Either way confiscating money will enrage the public. You'd see massive protesting and a bunch of heads on polls.

  12. #10

    Default

    Pretty sure the first thing to be robbed are the private pensions. They've already robbed the public ones.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  13. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Just wondering what you guys think. I think it would be harder to seize gold from your safety deposit box compared to money in your 401K, but the 401K has safety in numbers. So I'm not really sure.

    When the time comes, both are gone, but the 401 goes first because it takes little to no effort to transfer computer bits. Getting the gold is labor- and time-intensive. Once the word gets out, people will flock to their banks to empty their boxes. If the bank personnel attempt to stop people, I suspect many will end up shot or beaten to pulps, the keys taken, and boxes emptied one way or another. If cops arrive, expect things to get "interesting". Cops are no guarantee of order. Poca Valley Bank was s=robbed at gunpoint about 3 months ago in Elkview WV. Two weeks later, Chase bank across the street was robbed. From the back of Chase, I could fart on the Kanawha County Sheriff's office. And no, nobody has been caught in either case, to my knowledge. So much doe "security". Dumb Americans.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    Pray for reset.


  14. #12

    Default

    If you have gold in a safety deposit box, just send it to me and I'll hold it for ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

  15. #13

    Default

    Computer bits are only worth something if you can convert them into something of value. Taking said bits and selling them on a market that would have no value is pointless.

    Especially when you add in that they can just print more. No reason to tick off the public at large when you have a way to "create" trillions without all but a few even caring.

    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    When the time comes, both are gone, but the 401 goes first because it takes little to no effort to transfer computer bits. Getting the gold is labor- and time-intensive. Once the word gets out, people will flock to their banks to empty their boxes. If the bank personnel attempt to stop people, I suspect many will end up shot or beaten to pulps, the keys taken, and boxes emptied one way or another. If cops arrive, expect things to get "interesting". Cops are no guarantee of order. Poca Valley Bank was s=robbed at gunpoint about 3 months ago in Elkview WV. Two weeks later, Chase bank across the street was robbed. From the back of Chase, I could fart on the Kanawha County Sheriff's office. And no, nobody has been caught in either case, to my knowledge. So much doe "security". Dumb Americans.

  16. #14

    Default

    Which is more likely to be seized, gold in safety deposit or money in 401K?
    "I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happening at the same time."

    Last edited by jllundqu; 10-09-2014 at 09:00 AM.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

    It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

  17. #15

    Default

    If I had physical gold, I would not keep it in a safe deposit box because a safe deposit box pretty much defeats the purpose of having physical gold.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

  18. #16

    Default

    If I had physical gold, I would not keep it in a safe deposit box because a safe deposit box pretty much defeats the purpose of having physical gold.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LibForestPaul View Post
    Really. After a goldman sachs parachute. And the same players put forth. No, they do not fear their subjects. The .%3, that's the only group they fear.
    I think it's the opposite. Politicians want to get re-elected, that's their number one goal above all else. They're always willing to screw over the top percent to gain votes from the masses. Just look at the laws for evidence. Progressive taxation, discrimination lawsuits, etc, etc.

  21. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    They're not going to take your 401k under our current elected process. They might shock the markets or raise taxes but there's no point in taking paper money that would need to be sold on an open market. Doing so would immediately crash said market and provide no value to the takers. Also both republicans and democrats have 401ks.

    On the flip side they've already taken the gold less then a 100 yrs ago. What makes you think they won't again?

    Either way confiscating money will enrage the public. You'd see massive protesting and a bunch of heads on polls.
    I agree. I think they'd have to some up with a scheme that has popular support. I have a theory that they may target "speculators". If the dollar collapses, the people that own treasuries will get wiped out but the people owning GLD for example will do well. I can see politicians saying "Hey, it's unfair that responsible, patriotic people investing in their country (t-bills) lose their money due to the evil people speculating in gold and oil. Therefore we are going to do a one time tax on speculators to recover the money and give it to the holders of treasuries."

  22. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    They're not going to take your 401k under our current elected process. They might shock the markets or raise taxes but there's no point in taking paper money that would need to be sold on an open market. Doing so would immediately crash said market and provide no value to the takers. Also both republicans and democrats have 401ks.

    On the flip side they've already taken the gold less then a 100 yrs ago. What makes you think they won't again?

    Either way confiscating money will enrage the public. You'd see massive protesting and a bunch of heads on polls.
    THe social security "trust fund" got raided and filled with a bunch of worthless IOU's that will never be paid back. The discussion has changed to SS is going to have a shortfall - not we spent it and will pay you back, rather, we will not be able to pay you back all that is owed you - make other plans. Yes I got a letter to that effect. Like you will get 70% of what you should. THey went after and got gvmt and mil pensions recently. our local state gvmt raided 50% of tracher pensions recently again with worthless IOU's that will never be paid back and yes, they have been eying and talking about doing the same to 401's in recent years. They are a pack of thieves stealing all they can before the ponzi scheme collapses.

    -t

  23. #20

    Default

    A lot of safety deposit boxes have ALREADY been robbed by DHS. Check yours, if you haven't in a while - you might be surprised to find things aren't as you left them.
    Oligarchy delenda est

    “If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.” - Samuel Adams

  24. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Computer bits are only worth something if you can convert them into something of value. Taking said bits and selling them on a market that would have no value is pointless.

    Especially when you add in that they can just print more. No reason to tick off the public at large when you have a way to "create" trillions without all but a few even caring.
    It's for the elderly, poor, yaddi yaddi, damn rich people. Theres your reason.

  25. #22

    Default

    They are already stealing 401Ks through inflation.

  26. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Computer bits are only worth something if you can convert them into something of value. Taking said bits and selling them on a market that would have no value is pointless.
    Agreed, but that does not mean there cannot be a progression of steps. If the retirement accounts are taken at a time where they still have value, then they may be converted into things of value to Themme. Once that process is completed to whatever degree desired or achievable, one moves to the gold. I'm not saying this is how it would happen, but that it is a plausible course.

    But as you point out, if the accounts fall to zero value, the net effect is the same as that of confiscation, from the standpoint of the owners. Whatever the actual chain of events, the salient effective result for Themme will be the stripping away of economic power from the mundane.kj

    Especially when you add in that they can just print more. No reason to tick off the public at large when you have a way to "create" trillions without all but a few even caring.
    Valid point.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    Pray for reset.


  27. #24

    Default

    I think they will come for the 401Ks. I think they will nationalize them. You know, to keep it safe for ya. Once they do that, they will raid the coffers, as usual.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

    Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

    The Property Basis of Rights



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I agree, except that since so many more people own 401Ks, politicians might fear getting kicked out of office. People that own gold are a much, much smaller minority. But the idea of physically going into safety deposit boxes sounds more drastic than electronically trimming some money out of everyone's 401K. It would be hard to put a positive spin on government agents busting into banks like that.
    Just make sure the next false flag attack is entirely funded by secret stashes of physical gold.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

    Andrew Jackson, 1834

  30. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Pretty sure the first thing to be robbed are the private pensions. They've already robbed the public ones.
    In large cities , the public ones were most likely never funded .Same for the general public with social security and medicare , they take the money and spend it within about the same time period as a low income household that pays bills .

  31. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    If I had physical gold, I would not keep it in a safe deposit box because a safe deposit box pretty much defeats the purpose of having physical gold.
    That would be like keeping your shotgun , rifle in a safe deposit box .

  32. #28

  33. #29

    Default

    I'll SWAG IRAs and 401Ks.

  34. #30

    Default

    There is no need to steal anything. Much easier to just print money/devalue. Literally stealing in the form of taking 401ks and replacing them with government debt(which I don't even see how this would work) or going into everyone's safety deposit box(is this even feasible?), would be political suicide.
    What I say is for entertainment purposes only!

    Mark 10:45 The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.

    "If you want to make a lot of money, resist diversification." - Jim Rogers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-25-2016, 06:13 PM
  2. Do not use Safety Deposit Boxes
    By donnay in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2013, 07:39 AM
  3. DHS authnorizes seizure of gold, silver, guns in safety deposit boxes (?)
    By Original_Intent in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 08:20 PM
  4. Think a safety deposit box is safe? HA!
    By Matt Collins in forum Individual Rights Violations: Case Studies
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-16-2011, 01:49 PM

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •