Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody who looked at those pictures, you’re perpetuating a sexual offence

Anybody who looked at those pictures, you’re perpetuating a sexual offence

Jennifer Lawrence has spoken for the first time about the nude celebrity photo scandal that saw dozens of her naked pictures released online, saying that having her private images hacked amounted to a “sex crime”.

The Hunger Games star accused all those who looked at the pictures, including people close to her, of committing a “sexual offence,” saying: “It is not a scandal. It is a sex crime. It is a sexual violation. It’s disgusting.

“Just because I’m a public figure, just because I’m an actress, does not mean that I asked for this.

“It does not mean that it comes with the territory. It’s my body, and it should be my choice, and the fact that it is not my choice is absolutely disgusting. I can’t believe that we even live in that kind of world.

“Anybody who looked at those pictures, you’re perpetuating a sexual offence. You should cower with shame.

“Even people who I know and love say, ‘Oh, yeah, I looked at the pictures.’ I don’t want to get mad, but at the same time I’m thinking, I didn’t tell you that you could look at my naked body.”

In an interview for the November issue of Vanity Fair, Lawrence called for a change in the law to allow websites which published photographs without the consent of their subjects to be prosecuted.

“The law needs to be changed, and we need to change,” she said. “That’s why these websites are responsible. Just the fact that somebody can be sexually exploited and violated, and the first thought that crosses somebody’s mind is to make a profit from it. It’s so beyond me.

“I just can’t imagine being that detached from humanity. I can’t imagine being that thoughtless and careless and so empty inside.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...sex-crime.html
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pretty selfish attitude.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Pretty selfish attitude.
    Says the sex offender
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Maybe I'm just too conservative, but I don't see the point to taking naked pictures of oneself for something other than medical purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Maybe I'm just too conservative, but I don't see the point to taking naked pictures of oneself for something other than medical purposes.
    Same here. I feel bad for Jeniffer though, she is pretty, people should not be mean

I have not seen the pictures.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

lol

I especially like when the lemmings take political and social advice from these celeb...cretins.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Same here. I feel bad for Jeniffer though, she is pretty, people should not be mean

I have not seen the pictures.
    People should not be mean because she is pretty?

I feel about as bad for her as I would for a guy with a 2 foot Mohawk at a rap concert that gets upset when people clown on him.
    Last edited by ZENemy; 10-07-2014 at 10:40 AM.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Quote Originally Posted by ZENemy View Post
    People should not be mean because she is pretty?
    Yes, people should not be mean because she is pretty.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/exhibitionist
    ex·hi·bi·tion·ism
    1. The act or practice of deliberately behaving so as to attract attention.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exhibitionism
    Exhibitionism is the act of exposing in a public or semi-public context those parts of one's body that are not normally exposed – for example, the breasts, genitals or buttocks. The practice may arise from a desire or compulsion to expose themselves in such a manner to groups of friends or acquaintances, or to strangers for their amusement or sexual satisfaction or to shock the bystander
    Defined,, to help you understand.
    An actor/actress is by very definition an exhibitionist, even if not overtly sexual.
    They still seek attention.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Only ugly people should be ridiculed for making a conscious decision to upload naked pictures of themselves?

Only ugly people should be ridiculed for making a conscious decision to upload naked pictures of themselves?
    Taking the pictures was silly, I stated that.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/exhibitionist

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exhibitionism

Defined,, to help you understand.
    An actor/actress is by very definition an exhibitionist, even if not overtly sexual.
    They still seek attention.
    Well, then - an exhibitionist can hardly complain about the exhibition without being a screaming hypocrite, can she?

I agree with her but she also needs to take responsibility as well. No nude pics, no nude pics revealed.

Well, then - an exhibitionist can hardly complain about the exhibition without being a screaming hypocrite, can she?
    Nope.
    and the Exhibitionist/Voyeur is a symbiotic relationship.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Sorry but this is 2014. There is no reasonable expectation of privacy for anything electronic anymore. None.

Don't take or send pictures of anything you wouldn't want the whole world to see.

lol!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I feel about as bad for her as I would for a guy with a 2 foot Mohawk at a rap concert that gets upset when people clown on him.
    I would not feel to sorry for the guy with the Mohawk, he probably would not care though.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Sharing an image with 1 other person (as was the intent of these celebrities) is not exhibitionism.

I'd love to see Jennifer Lawrence naked, sure, but I'm not going to do so without her consent. These photos were, and should continue to be, private.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

I guess it's only a sex offense to Jenny if she's not getting paid for it.

Hunger Games' Jennifer Lawrence: 'I am open to nude movie scenes'

There's a word for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    I agree with her but she also needs to take responsibility as well. No nude pics, no nude pics revealed.
    No, she will not be taking any responsibility. It's everyone who saw the pictures fault.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    Sharing an image with 1 other person (as was the intent of these celebrities) is not exhibitionism.

I'd love to see Jennifer Lawrence naked, sure, but I'm not going to do so without her consent. These photos were, and should continue to be, private.

Google("legally") scans your emails for ilegal photos, and the government says that using third party services(iCloud) exempts them from some legal restrictions
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

When she becomes a campaigner against omnipresent surveillance and other offenses to privacy, I'll revise my extremely low opinion of her.

She was involved in posing and taking pics, so responsibility starts, and almost ends there.

But if we want to look at other players involved, perhaps the second most culpable party is Apple. It was not widely known that someone could take a picture or video with an iPhone, and then delete it, but it would still be loaded and saved on an Apple server somewhere. Not everyone knew that. Most people didn't know that. What remedies and penalties (criminal or civil) are involved in that? I have no idea.

Let's go one step further. We have hackers involved, who hacked her account and stole private property. This is a common crime. How is hacking prosecuted? What are the penalties? This is not new territory.

Her attempts at blaming websites with user content or the people who saw the pictures is ludicrous. "We must criminalize the whole world because there are naked pictures of me on the internet!" - Actress at the center of the universe, where everything revolves around her.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From the full article:

The article was accompanied by a photo-shoot by the renowned fashion photographer Patrick Demarchelier, and shows her posing topless with parts of her breasts exposed.

In one, chosen as its cover picture by Vanity Fair, she is seen emerging apparently topless from a swimming pool.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I guess it's only a sex offense to Jenny if she's not getting paid for it.

Hunger Games' Jennifer Lawrence: 'I am open to nude movie scenes'

There's a word for that.
    Whore?

"So far, I haven't found a film I'd love to be naked in, but I certainly never look at an actress naked in a movie and judge her," she (Jennifer Lawrence) told Glamour.

"It's a human body, which is a beautiful thing, right? So stay tuned..."
    Hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Whore?
    Are all actresses who appear nude whores?
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Hypocrite.

Kind of reminds me of people who don't like big government except when its banning something they don't like

Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    Are all actresses who appear nude whores?
    In a sense, yes, but a bigger question is whether we should look down on whores at all.

Some people are born very smart and cultivate their intelligence. Not everybody is intelligent and intelligence has value, so they can support themselves with their intelligence. Some people are born very strong and cultivate their athleticism and strength and not everybody is strong, strength and athleticism are in demand. They can making a living supporting themselves using their strength. Some people are born pretty and cultivate their looks and not everybody is pretty, beauty is in demand. They can make a living supporting themselves using their beauty. I don't see a problem.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast