Thread: “`Comply or die’ is not the law”

Exclamation “`Comply or die’ is not the law”

“`Comply or die’ is not the law”

William Norman Grigg

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog...s-not-the-law/

In 1975, as the elected sheriff of Utah’s Davis County, William “Dub” Lawrence helped organize one of the state’s first SWAT teams. On September 22, 2008, his son-in-law, Brian Wood, was killed by that SWAT team outside his home following a 12-hour standoff.

After suffering a breakdown of some kind, Wood called 911 to report (falsely) that he had beaten and raped his wife. SWAT operators used chemical weapons to force Wood from the pickup truck in which he had taken refuge, then treated him to a barrage of rubber bullets, projectile bean bags, and pepper-spray rounds, in addition to tear gas and flash-bang grenades. While Wood was prone and helpless, he was shot with a Taser at least eight times by one officer, and an unknown number of times by a second — before being shot at point-blank range by another officer wielding a .308-caliber rifle.

One witness described the onslaught as “horrible — just like someone tormenting an animal in a cage.”

Lawrence, who served on the Bountiful Police Department and in the US Marines before being elected sheriff, was the closing speaker at a rally held yesterday outside the Scott Matheson Courthouse in Salt Lake City. The event attracted hundreds of people, many of whom have lost family members to the Police State’s war on the American population.

Invoking the theme of the protest, Sandy resident Edward Peltekian, a former civilian police volunteer, declared: “`Comply or die’ is not the law. We are not subjects, we are citizens.”

Unfortunately, as Lawrence points out, in recent decades law enforcement officers have been marinated in the conceit that they are a caste apart from, and superior to, the population they supposedly serve.

While his speech evinced unwarranted optimism regarding a preponderance of conscientious people in contemporary law enforcement, and misguided confidence in the efficacy of electoral politics as a solution, it offered a detailed and compelling indictment of the system we now endure, and the privileged dispensers of violence that defend it.

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    law enforcement officers have been marinated in the conceit that they are a caste apart from, and superior to, the population they supposedly serve.
    THE US HALL OF

MARINATION
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Anybody know where to view or purchase that Peace Officer documentary? I searched, but have not found it, only previews last year at various colleges have turned up.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

I'm watching the video, and 3.5 minutes into it, I'm not sure how this guy isn't just another copsucker.

ETA:
    Yeah, finished it up.
    Summary:

"The police executed my son-in-law, I watched it happening, I have proof that they left evidence at the scene, I have proof that they intentionally turned off security cameras during the incident, and I have proof that they intentionally misreported it to the media. But police are a good idea. It's not the police who are to blame. It's the lawmakers' fault."

It is my unshakable belief that speakers such as these only get in the way of progress on this issue.
    Last edited by fisharmor; 10-06-2014 at 10:02 AM.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    I'm watching the video, and 3.5 minutes into it, I'm not sure how this guy isn't just another copsucker.
    I didn't watch, I would think the fact that he created the SWAT team that eventually killed his son in law, might be enough for him to speak out more forcefully against the monster he created.

The phrase I coined for this style of policing is spreading. Good!

original: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post4674181
    Last edited by thoughtomator; 10-06-2014 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    The phrase I coined for this style of policing is spreading. Good!

original: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post4674181
    You coined that? Neat! I thought it was Grigg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    You coined that? Neat! I thought it was Grigg.
    looks like I was first - he very well could have read it when I put it here

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I didn't watch, I would think the fact that he created the SWAT team that eventually killed his son in law, might be enough for him to speak out more forcefully against the monster he created.
    Some parents don't love their young. That said, it's no surprise that this guy might treat his real baby, the SWAT team, with more regard than a legal son that is not of his flesh. I'm sure he would resent such a statement, but indeed, I think a more forceful reproach of the militarization of police was in order. Nonetheless, I can't say I'm shocked that he still values his creation despite the fact that it killed his son-in-law.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Do Not Comply. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    There's NO Rule of Law... when the crime that is charged, not based upon what law was broken, but by who committed it.
    Since there is NO Rule of Law, the Law as dictated by Cops has been perverted into Comply or Die, which is still no Law at all. I'd say its well past the time for Passive Resistance.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

To be fair, he did make good points. "Equal under the law", "Accountability instead of Immunity", "Police are immune but citizens are not, this is wrong".

Whether you believe there should be police or not, it is a good idea to hold them accountable as long as they do exist.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

"When they (police) are criminally culpable, they are not going to give you evidence to convict them." ~ Lawrence
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    Anybody know where to view or purchase that Peace Officer documentary? I searched, but have not found it, only previews last year at various colleges have turned up.
    I haven't found how to get it yet, but here's the IMDB link of "Peace Officer" (documentary by Lawrence)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4079142/

and a "storyline" post:

Storyline

Peace Officer is a documentary about the increasingly militarized state of American police as told through the story of William 'Dub' Lawrence, a former sheriff who established and trained his rural state's first SWAT team only to see that same unit kill his son-in-law in a controversial standoff 30 years later. Driven by an obsessed sense of mission, Dub uses his own investigation skills to uncover the truth in this and other recent officer-involved shootings in his community, while tackling larger questions about the changing face of peace officers nationwide who are supplied with military-grade weapons by the federal government, as seen recently in Ferguson, Missouri and elsewhere. Ultimately, Peace Officer asks the question: what force is necessary to protect the lives of both officers and citizens?
    Written by Anonymous
    edit: IMDB says it's "Not Yet Released"
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 10-07-2014 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post

ETA:
    Yeah, finished it up.
    Summary:

"The police executed my son-in-law, I watched it happening, I have proof that they left evidence at the scene, I have proof that they intentionally turned off security cameras during the incident, and I have proof that they intentionally misreported it to the media. But police are a good idea. It's not the police who are to blame. It's the lawmakers' fault."

It is my unshakable belief that speakers such as these only get in the way of progress on this issue.
    The Stockholm Syndrome is strong in this one...

Crowd-funded Film on Police Accountability Wins Top Honor at SXSW Film Festival

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cro...qLczRUl4AqU.99

“SWAT teams have been infiltrated by bullies with badges and guns who foster a mentality that killing criminals reduces recidivism”

Former sheriff: 'I felt betrayed by my profession'

Davis County, UT — William “Dub” Lawrence is a former city police officer, former US Marine, and former Sheriff of Davis County, who has awakened to the reality of Police State USA. Sadly this awakening was sparked by the murder of his son-in-law by a SWAT team that he created.

In September 2008, he watched helplessly as the same SWAT team he helped create over 30 years earlier shot and killed Brian Wood, his 36-year-old son-in-law.

Since this horrible atrocity, Lawrence has become a leader of the growing police reform movement.

Over the last couple of years Lawrence along with Brad Barber and Scott Christopherson, have created a documentary titled Peace Officer. According to Christopherson, who is a communications professor at St. Edwards University:

The film focuses on several cases in Utah, a recent hotbed for officer-involved shootouts and SWAT raids. The militarization of police has steadily grown since the 1960’s. Utah is a microcosm that represents those shifts and trends. Governmental immunity laws in Utah immediately exonerate police officers with little to no questioning of their actions. The film follows Dub Lawrence, a former sheriff who’s obsessed with uncovering the truth about the shooting death of his son-in-law, Brian Wood.

Peace Officer premiered at the film festival portion of South by Southwest 2015. It won the Documentary Feature Competition, chosen by the audience.

Below is the powerful trailer to this crowd-funded film.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Sacred Oder Of Idiots AKA New Black Panthers, can't get it out of their racist minds that The Police State cares not what color you are.
    Driven by the Obama/Sharptons of America , if they had 3rd grade educations, they would understand the tail that's wagging them.
    We need to stand tough/together against the tyranny.

, ,