Thread: Iowa Troopers Steal $100,000 In Poker Winnings From Two Players Driving Through the State

Iowa Troopers Steal $100,000 In Poker Winnings From Two Players Driving Through the State

http://libertycrier.com/iowa-trooper...driving-state/

Two California poker players are refusing to fold in a legal battle against the state, claiming Iowa State Patrol troopers unlawfully seized their $100,020 gambling bankroll.
    It’s not illegal to travel with large sums of money, but people who get caught become suspects even with relatively little proof, said Glen Downey, the Des Moines attorney representing the men.
    Read more at http://libertycrier.com/iowa-trooper...XJGmw1lTr4G.99

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Terrible.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

All they need is a mutt.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Welcome to the world of the New Highwaymen. Thanks to the recent insane spate of "civil forfeiture" laws, no one is safe in one's life, home or property. At least in "the good old days" one was entitled to shoot back when the robbers attacked.

HIGHWAYMAN CIRCA 1714:

HIGHWAYMEN CIRCA 2014:

Last edited by KCIndy; 10-06-2014 at 01:01 AM. Reason: added pic

Am curious what is an "acceptable" amount of cash to carry. Is $5000 to much, $1000, $500.

I use cash whenever I can. Don't like the credit card bill at the end of the month and paying in cash keeps my spending in check.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Am curious what is an "acceptable" amount of cash to carry. Is $5000 to much, $1000, $500.

I use cash whenever I can. Don't like the credit card bill at the end of the month and paying in cash keeps my spending in check.

Generally speaking, from the point of view of the police an "acceptable" amount of cash to be carrying is an amount low enough it's not worth their time and effort to steal.