Alaska
    Louisana
    Georgia
    Arkansas
    New Hampshire
    North Carolina
    Kentucky
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Smile

I'm going to drumrolls call NEW HAMPSHIRE... Matt!!!
    i really think Mr. RomneyCare Personified is going to
    trounce Ms. PartyLoyal ObamaCare by a slight margin.
    Thanks for bumping the thread. i feel that it adds to
    today's excitement. Gotta luv our Liberty Hobbit!

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    I'm going to drumrolls call NEW HAMPSHIRE... Matt!!!
    i really think Mr. RomneyCare Personified is going to
    trounce Ms. PartyLoyal ObamaCare by a slight margin.
    Thanks for bumping the thread. i feel that it adds to
    today's excitement. Gotta luv our Liberty Hobbit!
    Shaheen will win re-election handily.

I'm having trouble caring.

So what if the R's gain the senate? I'll eat my shorts if we actually get an up/down vote on audit the fed, even with Reid out.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

I can't wait til the Republicans take over and do absolutely nothing but increase the scope of government.

I hope the Republicans win so that Rand's Supreme Court nominees will get confirmed when he becomes President.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    I can't wait til the Republicans take over and do absolutely nothing but increase the scope of government.
    If they were like they were in the late 90's, while they may not go in reverse they may at least slow down the growth slightly.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    If they were like they were in the late 90's, while they may not go in reverse they may at least slow down the growth slightly.
    That sounds orgasmic. Where can I vote?

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    So, in other words: if they are like they were in the late '90s, they will increase the scope of government - just like green said ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

South Dakota is coming into play for the democrats because the republican is a real stinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    So, in other words: if they are like they were in the late '90s, they will increase the scope of government - just like green said ...
    At a slower rate at least

I plan to vote libertarian. Randpac is pushing hard to support the Rs, but I just don't care about them.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

And if they were like they were in the 2000's . . .

Let's face it, there haven't been enough leadership changes in the past decade or so within the GOP to make a rat's dick of difference if the GOP regains the majority.

John Boehner still in charge? Check.
    Mitch McConnell? Check.
    Reince Priebus? Does anyone even care about him? No? Well, check anyway because the only time he does anything noticeable is when he's trying to block the liberty movement.

So there you have it. The GOP's lead-off hitters are the same ones who blew the world series before spring training even started the last time around. I've been trying to advocate we do everything politically possible to remove them from their ivory towers, but, ehem, we gotta 'play ball' or something.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 10-22-2014 at 07:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    At a slower rate at least
    This didn't actually happen tbh

It's going to be a massive wipeout for the Dems. I predict 53-54 GOP seats, and I think that's probably a conservative estimate. Only unprecedented election fraud can stop the sick-of-Obama train.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

I'm not so sure about this. I think Brown (and Guinta) can win

Voting machines flipping votes to democrat
    Crazy marxist stuffing ballots
    ~5% New deferred status illegals are shown to be registered to vote.

Republicans are not gonna gain control. There will be feigned surprise at the "close" races and how dems have
    Lost some ground but miraculously held control.

one week to go

I predict a 50/50 split in the Senate with VP Biden holding the ring of power for the next 2 years!
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I think republicans are overconfident. Either way, whether or not they regain the senate, liberty loses. The GOP has $#@! and pissed on everything I hold sacred too many times for me to drink their kewl aid again... And I sure as hell don't want to hear the "lesser of two evils" argument. I'd rather have liberal democrats in 100% control than flipping back and forth and dying slowly. The sooner we hit the reset button on this failed experiment, the better.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I'm still bummed we didn't get Brannon the nomination in North Carolina. Tillis is such a terribly milquetoast candidate he's actually down in the polling!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    I'm still bummed we didn't get Brannon the nomination in North Carolina. Tillis is such a terribly milquetoast candidate he's actually down in the polling!
    I know what you mean. OK will have Senator wankford instead of Randy Brogdon. Then in AR, there's tom cotton becoming firmly entrenched as a Senator as well. Not to mention MS. Hopefully we can at least get more Liberty Candidates into our State Legislatures to offset these sort of setbacks.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Gridlock beats 1 party rule, but none of the GOP senate nominees deserve a liberty supporter's vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    I know what you mean. OK will have Senator wankford instead of Randy Brogdon. Then in AR, there's tom cotton becoming firmly entrenched as a Senator as well. Not to mention MS. Hopefully we can at least get more Liberty Candidates into our State Legislatures to offset these sort of setbacks.
    I guess the good thing is that Brannon, McDaniel, and Wolf are primed to win something in 2016. Maybe Miller will run for House if Don Young retires.

I just saw an article that NM is in play

The most important races of the night for the liberty movement might be in the Kentucky house. We need the GOP to take the Kentucky house so that they can pass a law allowing Rand to run for the Senate and the Presidency at the same time.

Republicans forecast to win 5 state Senates and 9 state Houses:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-state-houses/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast