Thread: NY - A barking dog will get you thrown in jail.

Exclamation NY - A barking dog will get you thrown in jail.

Not a good day in the land of the free, if you're not cracking down on somebody or something.

Town makes it a jailable offense for allowing dog to bark

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/u...s-dog-barking/

UNION, NY — A central New York town has instituted jail time as a penalty for a wide variety of menial violations of the town’s extensive pet control laws.

With a population of 56,000, the Town of Union now stands out as having among the most draconian laws in the country for pet owners.

Among the laundry list of pet “offenses” is a prohibition on barking.

Pet owners could face up to fifteen (15) days in jail or $250.00 fines for any of the following offenses — among others — listed in Chapter 71 of the town statutes:

Owning a dog without an annually-renewed $25 license [71-5 (H)]
    Transferring ownership of a dog without a new license [71-4.1 (H)]
    Failing to notify the Town Clerk of a dog’s death [71-4.1 (K)]
    Owning a dog that annoys any person with “howling, barking, crying or whining” [71-5 (B)]
    Permitting a dog to defecate or urinate anywhere outside of the owner’s property [71-5 (F)]
    Disposing of dog poop in a toilet or sewer [71-5 (F)]
    Owning a dog that chases cars [71-5 (E)]
    Allowing a dog off of a leash, even on the owner’s property [71-5 (A) and 71-6]

Of note, cats and other domestic animals can also violate the “howling, barking, crying or whining” prohibition [71-13 (A)].

Town Supervisor Rose Sotak told WBNG that officials were anxious to “put some teeth into the rules” using the new police powers.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lol! Sounds like they want a pet free zone. Petty tyrants need to flex their muscles and play with their pretty new police toys. Now how in the world are they going to know if one flushes dog poop down the toilet? Can you flush cat turds? What does that matter anywho if the toilet can flush human waste?

Is the dog to always be on leash or is this strictly outside? What if they have a dog pen for the dog to do his business in? Do they still need to be chained? I guess there is no walking of dogs for exercise there either?

Wonder what type of teeth these laws have for out of towners? Such as the urinating /defecating laws? Could be some interesting protests if one were so inspired to pursue
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

This seems like a great opportunity for the regular cops to conduct summary executions on the offending canines.

Good luck NY.

Owning a dog without an annually-renewed $25 license [71-5 (H)] GUILTY
    Transferring ownership of a dog without a new license [71-4.1 (H)] GUILTY
    Failing to notify the Town Clerk of a dog’s death [71-4.1 (K)] GUILTY
    Owning a dog that annoys any person with “howling, barking, crying or whining” [71-5 (B)] I'm sure I've done that too
    Permitting a dog to defecate or urinate anywhere outside of the owner’s property [71-5 (F)] GUILTY
    Disposing of dog poop in a toilet or sewer [71-5 (F)] Never considered that one
    Owning a dog that chases cars [71-5 (E)] Every dog I've ever owned did that once and never again
    Allowing a dog off of a leash, even on the owner’s property [71-5 (A) and 71-6] GUILTY
    Of note, cats and other domestic animals can also violate the “howling, barking, crying or whining” prohibition [71-13 (A)]. GUILTY

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Petty tyrants need something to help them get it up, might as well be ordinances that punish pet owners for pets being pets.

Can't have unregistered dogs running around, they've been known to be used in several criminal activities such as barking at the mailman or peeing on your neighbor's mailbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Owning a dog without an annually-renewed $25 license [71-5 (H)]
    Transferring ownership of a dog without a new license [71-4.1 (H)]
    Failing to notify the Town Clerk of a dog’s death [71-4.1 (K)]
    Owning a dog that annoys any person with “howling, barking, crying or whining” [71-5 (B)]
    Permitting a dog to defecate or urinate anywhere outside of the owner’s property [71-5 (F)]
    Disposing of dog poop in a toilet or sewer [71-5 (F)]
    Owning a dog that chases cars [71-5 (E)]

Of note, cats and other domestic animals can also violate the “howling, barking, crying or whining” prohibition [71-13 (A)].

Translation: No Pets Allowed.

It sounds like they've managed to take all the bylaws of a really uptight Neighborhood Association and turn them into criminal code. Hell's Bells, who would even think about "notifying the Town Clerk of a dog's death" instead of just burying poor Fido in the back yard? (I suppose that's illegal now, too.)

I wonder how much of this is really just a smokescreen to allow incredibly invasive home searches by the police? "Step outside with your hands up! We've had a report of a.... DOG being kept at this residence!"

Seriously. How else are they going to determine if one is flushing dog poop?

I'll be watching to see how many home invasions are committed by the local Badge Gang in this town over the course of the next year. Gotta keep those civilians safe from dog poop, don't ya know.

"One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Onerous laws will get thrown in the woods.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought there might be some explanation in the "Demographics" of the town and then I came across this gem:

During the American Revolution, detachments of soldiers were sent through this region with the intent of attacking natives who were friendly to the British.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union,_New_York#History
    Sounds like a double tap is needed.

I remember there used to be a dog chained to a dog house in my grandparents neighborhood who barked nearly 24/7- the neighbors constantly complained, the cops did nothing.

My grandmother had to take the dog into her house to shut it up, and eventually she adopted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    This seems like a great opportunity for the regular cops to conduct summary executions on the offending canines.

Good luck NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Owning a dog without an annually-renewed $25 license [71-5 (H)] GUILTY
    Transferring ownership of a dog without a new license [71-4.1 (H)] GUILTY
    Failing to notify the Town Clerk of a dog’s death [71-4.1 (K)] GUILTY
    Owning a dog that annoys any person with “howling, barking, crying or whining” [71-5 (B)] I'm sure I've done that too
    Permitting a dog to defecate or urinate anywhere outside of the owner’s property [71-5 (F)] GUILTY
    Disposing of dog poop in a toilet or sewer [71-5 (F)] Never considered that one
    Owning a dog that chases cars [71-5 (E)] Every dog I've ever owned did that once and never again
    Allowing a dog off of a leash, even on the owner’s property [71-5 (A) and 71-6] GUILTY
    Of note, cats and other domestic animals can also violate the “howling, barking, crying or whining” prohibition [71-13 (A)]. GUILTY
    Better watch out. The kops might issue summary executions for going 8 for 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Pet owners could face up to fifteen (15) days in jail or $250.00 fines for any of the following offenses — among others — listed in Chapter 71 of the town statutes:
    I'm glad that they've found a solution to the annoying problem of dogs barking, that works for everybody. Now everyone can get along in peace, without anyone's day being ruined by dogs barking.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

John Wick!!!
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Say what?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	l.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	3163
    Woof.

seems like an opportunity for someone who wants to run for Town Board. the primary (most small towns are Republican) would bring out the dog owners.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Town Supervisor Rose Sotak told WBNG that officials were anxious to “put some teeth into the rules” using the new police powers.

May the canine of justice sink his teeth into your blubberous butt.

Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 10-03-2014 at 11:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members