Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Southern Border Is Open: Quarantining West Africans Would Illuminate It

The Southern Border Is Open: Quarantining West Africans Would Illuminate It

This is why you won't ban commercial flights to Liberia and Sierra Leone.If your government was serious about keeping you safe,they would fly all health volunteers/army to West Africa via military bases where on return they could be quarantined for three weeks until all danger of infection was past.If they adopted this measure,however,it would draw attention to your southern border being completely open.Apparently 13,000 people in affected countries have US visas.I wonder how long before they all come home?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who is this "you" and "your" you refer to? I don't have the power to ban commercial flights. I take it you are a foreigner? It is not your southern border nor your govt?

' ...In an abundance of caution...' Seems to be the phrase decreed from above.

Michael Savage agrees with me 9:15-10:20 :

The northern border is too. Right?

There's just something about that southern border though that some people get all worked up about.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post

There's just something about that southern border though that some people get all worked up about.
    Do we get a lot of people sneaking across the northern border?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    No, and he knows that.

Who knows? Nobody keeps track or cares. I wonder how many people would even call that "sneaking" if some white English-speaking Canadian came to the US without telling the government.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FloralScent View Post
    No, and he knows that.
    Source?

Source?
    Why would a 3rd worlder sneak over the border from one 1st world nation to another especially when our neighbor to the north has even more freebies? I don't need no stinking source to figure that out.

Why would a 3rd worlder sneak over the border from one 1st world nation to another especially when our neighbor to the north has even more freebies? I don't need no stinking source to figure that out.
    Ohhhh. So it's about "3rd worlders."

Do you want us to have laws that label certain people as "3rd worlders" so that we can put special restrictions on them?

Who knows? Nobody keeps track or cares. I wonder how many people would even call that "sneaking" if some white English-speaking Canadian came to the US without telling the government.
    You know. Quit posting bull$#@!.
    "The Patriarch"

Ohhhh. So it's about "3rd worlders."

Do you want us to have laws that label certain people as "3rd worlders" so that we can put special restrictions on them?
    Way to avoid the question.

Way to avoid the question.
    The question was irrelevant, unless we're supposed to think that third worlders sneaking over borders for freebies has anything to do with anything.

How many people who cross any border, northern or southern, match that description? And, however many there are, unless you have some way of distinguishing those people from everyone else who crosses a border, why does it matter?

You know. Quit posting bull$#@!.
    How do you know?

And more importantly, when people do cross that border without telling the government--and they do--is there anything wrong with it?

Don't be disingenuous; you know full well that the number of people sneaking across the northern U.S. border, or attempting to smuggle drugs and other contraband across it, is not comparable to its southern one. Canada is a well-off country, their people don't have any incentive to come into the U.S. illegally in mass numbers.

I also don't think there is a Canadian equivalent to the violent Mexican gangs working the southern border, such as MS-13.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How do you know?

And more importantly, when people do cross that border without telling the government--and they do--is there anything wrong with it?
    I'm not going to debate with a crazy person. You're just being idiotic. There is no mass of human traffic jumping the northern border. I'm sure there are a few cases for whatever reason, but why do you persist with this obvious bs?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Don't be disingenuous; you know full well that the number of people sneaking across the northern U.S. border, or attempting to smuggle drugs and other contraband across it, is not comparable to its southern one. Canada is a well-off country, their people don't have any incentive to come into the U.S. illegally in mass numbers.

I also don't think there is a Canadian equivalent to the violent Mexican gangs working the southern border, such as MS-13.
    All those things, and yet the northern border is the more open of the two.

And what does being well-off have to do with somebody not wanting to tell the government every time they cross a border? If you talked to a well-off Canadian who crossed the northern border without telling the government, would you say to them, "Why would you want to do that? You're well off!"?

I'm not going to debate with a crazy person. You're just being idiotic. There is no mass of human traffic jumping the northern border. I'm sure there are a few cases for whatever reason, but why do you persist with this obvious bs?
    How do you know this?

The northern border is huge, and most of it is extremely easy to cross without telling anyone. There are people who live near it on both sides of it who have various incentives to want to travel to the other side of it from time to time. Do you think they all just live in fear of that imaginary line and go through all the hassle of crossing at certain points and dealing with border guards every time they want to go somewhere on the other side? And given the nature of this, how would someone even know how often this happens?

What is your position on travel restrictions from Ebola hot-zones?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

How do you know this?

The northern border is huge, and most of it is extremely easy to cross without telling anyone. There are people who live near it on both sides of it who have various incentives to want to travel to the other side of it from time to time. Do you think they all just live in fear of that imaginary line and go through all the hassle of crossing at certain points and dealing with border guards every time they want to go somewhere on the other side? And given the nature of this, how would someone even know how often this happens?
    I have a friend that went to prison for trying to cross that border with a bunch of buds from a green plant. I think he might disagree on how easy it is to cross.And he didn't go through customs either.
    "The Patriarch"

White vs brown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Maybe no flights are banned because there is no Ebola outbreak?
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Sec. Of State John Kerry Responds To Ebola Death: 'We Need Borders To Remain Open'

In response to First US Ebola Patient Dies:

During a press conference at the State Departmemt, today, Secretary of State John Kerry addressed the urgent need to contain the spread of Ebola in the wake of the first Ebola death in in the United States.

Kerry made clear that travel restrictions would not be part of the administration's strategy in fighting the deadly disease.

I wish I were joking.

"We need airlines to continue to operate in West Africa, and we need borders to remain open," said Kerry.

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2...To-Remain-Open
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    What is your position on travel restrictions from Ebola hot-zones?
    They should all be quarantined in his basement.

Open borders.. might as well give up our sovereignty and become the north American union. If we let people come in illegally and get citizenship, might as well save time and make us all north American citizens. Get rid of the Constitution and have a new one for the union.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    Open borders.. might as well give up our sovereignty and become the north American union.
    That's the real agenda of open borders crowd. Peoples with unique identities, customs and cultures are harder to control when you're trying to run an empire.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Shorland View Post
    This is why you won't ban commercial flights to Liberia and Sierra Leone.If your government was serious about keeping you safe,they would fly all health volunteers/army to West Africa via military bases where on return they could be quarantined for three weeks until all danger of infection was past.If they adopted this measure,however,it would draw attention to your southern border being completely open.Apparently 13,000 people in affected countries have US visas.I wonder how long before they all come home?
    Perhaps you over think things... its just simple, the federal government is a bureaucracy and the policies that are in place make it the worst decision maker on a number of things. The u.s. constitution is a failure, national defense should not be in the hands of the federal government. Banning travel is definitely not something the federal government has a rightful authority to do, unless you advocate something super crazy like a declaration of war levied against Liberia (this would be stupid). If the airlines were not subsidized and hiding behind TSA and big government agencies to be the fall guys when things go wrong...the airlines would be faced with law suits. Whats the difference with grounded flights during hurricanes and airlines deciding to fly their planes in and out of a zone that has an epidemic such as ebola? The airlines are the ones who are suppose to provide some sort of safety ,but because the free market has no real leverage in that industry...airlines do whatever they want as a result of subsidies and knowing the big government will be there to step in

Sky News finally gave the official line as to why it is not 'sensible' to ban travel from Liberia etc: If direct flights are stopped to UK (they have been),passengers will travel via other countries,thus spreading the virus more widely. /// Professor Easton of Warwick University just stated screening is more or less useless and although quarantine is a good idea in principle there is great pressure to keep flights open to allow medical personnel and supplies to fly directly.Flying to and from military bases would deal with this problem.Although West Africans could fly via third countries,it seems odd to believe that anyone other than a national of an outbreak country would flee?No other African would visit an infected country (or very few) and nationals from infected countries would have national documents/passports.Refuse to disembark planes that carry nationals from infected countries.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    Open borders.. might as well give up our sovereignty and become the north American union. If we let people come in illegally and get citizenship, might as well save time and make us all north American citizens. Get rid of the Constitution and have a new one for the union.
    New one is ready:

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others".

That will be followed by 10,000,000 pages of laws that contradict each other, making everyone a criminal at the discretion of the state.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast