Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pagan Destruction Chronology (314-870 C.E)

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm pointing out the reason for the obsession with this period of time.

On one thread, the subject will be Constantine brought paganism to the Church. In the next one (such as this) It's how Constantine persecuted the pagans. Usually the true motive of the threads is to attack the validity of the Church at this time. The bible wasn't officially canonized until long after Constantine's death. This is the real reason for this thread. To confirm Ronin's Paulinanity religion.

The empire at the time was in chaos with civil wars, persecutions , corruptions etc. Constantine wasn't perfect. He did some bad things. He did some good things. He didn't make his full conversion until the end of his life.
    Saul of Tarsus was NOT one of the good guys.

https://www.google.com/search?q=paul...&ved=0CBEQBSgA

Just a little something to also consider, when deep the the midst of the "discussions"(so called) about who is going to heaven and who is not.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm pointing out the reason for the obsession with this period of time.

On one thread, the subject will be Constantine brought paganism to the Church. In the next one (such as this) It's how Constantine persecuted the pagans. Usually the true motive of the threads is to attack the validity of the Church at this time. The bible wasn't officially canonized until long after Constantine's death. This is the real reason for this thread. To confirm Ronin's Paulinanity religion.

The empire at the time was in chaos with civil wars, persecutions , corruptions etc. Constantine wasn't perfect. He did some bad things. He did some good things. He didn't make his full conversion until the end of his life.
    I think you missed my point. I'm not blaming Constantine for being imperfect. Nobody else. And power has a tendency to corrupt. That's my point. The fact act of creating a state religion, regardless of who was the head of state or who was the head of the religion, had the effect of corrupting both. As for Constantine doing good and bad? Saddam did good and bad as well. Vlad the Impaler did some good.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I think you missed my point.
    And I think you missed my point. I'm not attacking you nor Ronin. I'm pointing out that this is Ronin's way of saying Christianity is really Paulinanity, as he confirmed in this answer to my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Saul of Tarsus was NOT one of the good guys.

https://www.google.com/search?q=paul...&ved=0CBEQBSgA

Just a little something to also consider, when deep the the midst of the "discussions"(so called) about who is going to heaven and who is not.

The fruit of the marriage between church and state is legalized and canonized hooliganism and thuggery.
    Usually the true motive of the threads is to attack the validity of the Church at this time.
    These threads call into question the veracity of scripture.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Ronin's religion is named Roninism, with a very exclusive and limited, now closed membership recruitment program. Paul's Paulinism AKA "Christianity" now has over a billion members. (Of course he did have an ~2,000 year head start.)

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...28.SN9j5z5BsTw
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 10-05-2014 at 01:59 PM.

Christianity is Really Paulinism
    Tim C. Leedom has edited a book entitled "The Book Your Church Doesn't Want You To Read." Among other historical insights, the book reminds us that there have been at least twenty other "Messiahs" in religions preceding Christianity.
    Many of these earlier Messiahs have purportedly descended from heaven, become human, worked miracles, arranged for the salvation of the world and then ascended back into heaven. Others were said to have been born of virgins, some were crucified, and nearly all were worshipped as sons of God. Information such as this reveals that the thought patterns which most Christians have always accepted were not original to the Christian faith, but were largely adopted from earlier pagan religions.
    A chapter which caught my attention is entitled, "Paul: First Christian Heretic." It states that, for the first three-and-a-half centuries of the Christian era, the new religion's greatest rival was Mithraism, the most powerful pagan faith in the Empire. It was eventually suppressed by the church, but the most telling reason for its decline was the fact that Christianity adopted many of its pagan beliefs.
    Tarsus, Paul's original home, was one of the chief centers of Mathra worship. Paul had been immersed in Mithraic concepts from his earliest years. One idea in particular must have caught his attention -- that of a sacrificial person who is offered as an atonement for sin. This is a very old concept, which can be seen in other primitive religions where young virgins, for instance, were thrown into the mouths of volcanoes to appease the gods of the region.
    It is interesting to note that this idea is not found in the teachings of Jesus. He preached a new birth of the human soul. Paul, by contrast, preached an old idea which combined Mithraic concepts with Jewish animal sacrifice -- priest, altar, bloodshed. Paul saw Jesus as the spotless Passover lamb who was sacrificed to satisfy the demands of a hostile god.
    The chapter concludes with this statement: "Paul…chose to ignore [the teachings of Jesus.] Instead he presented to the Gentile world a mystery religion in which he transformed Jesus into a divine spirit who existed before the world began and who had gone away to prepare the kingdom of God, not on this earth but in the world of the hereafter." The writer points out that the original disciples (who had studied with Jesus) did not accept Paul (who had not) as a true believer, but considered him a heretic.
    So, in fact, the church for all these years has been teaching Paulinism rather than the simple truth of Christ. Jesus claimed that we were potentially his equals. Paul said that we are all doomed to hell. Who would you rather believe?
    http://www.beyondreligion.com/su_meditations/paul.htm

I think you missed my point. I'm not blaming Constantine for being imperfect. Nobody else. And power has a tendency to corrupt. That's my point. The fact act of creating a state religion, regardless of who was the head of state or who was the head of the religion, had the effect of corrupting both. As for Constantine doing good and bad? Saddam did good and bad as well. Vlad the Impaler did some good.
    Vlad did a lot of good,if only there were more people like him in that time a lot of suffering would have been prevented.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Also,
    Slavery in the Byzantine Empire was widespread and common throughout its history.[1]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery...zantine_Empire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12