Thread: Ron Paul Fundraising Emails For IRS Legal Issues

Ron Paul Fundraising Emails For IRS Legal Issues

How many emails about it have you received in the last 3 days?

I got 7 from an assortment of Ron Paul, people that work for him, and Campaign for Liberty.

And I get the feeling that most of us aren't taking it seriously. There's no current post or discussion on RPF or Daily Paul that I can find.

The first one I got for this non-grassroots moneybomb was from Ron Paul (Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 10:12 AM):

Justin,

We don't have much time.

My advisers have informed me that we need to raise $60,000 in the next 48 hours to help pay our legal bills from our fight with the IRS and prepare for any future legal challenges while avoiding having to make drastic cuts in our ongoing legislative fights.

C4L's attorneys are going on the offensive by demanding the IRS confirm whether or not they will cease demands for donor information.

Failure to confirm our request may indicate this battle is far from over.

So we must be ready.

That's why it's urgent you chip in with a donation of $10 or more right away.

Please help us reach this mark by clicking here to chip in now.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul
    Then over the course of 3 days I received the other 6 emails. Are any of you taking this seriously? I'm not. If they wanted to fight the IRS, they'd be talking about it in public. They have so many platforms available to do it. Ron's being interviewed often and has several websites to talk about it. But they don't talk about it except for in email; otherwise it would be front page news on sites like this one.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think they are just grifting for money.

This is the last email that I didn't count in the other 7. Notice that the IRS battle isn't their only reason for asking (well past the 48 hour deadline)

Justin --

The November 4 midterm elections.

The "Lame Duck" Congress.

A potential expensive legal fight with the IRS.

Justin, these next few months could be make or break for Campaign for Liberty.

So you and I must be prepared for any outcome.

Can I count on you to chip in $5 before tonight's Emergency 48-Hour IRS fundraising deadline?

I know you've gotten a lot of emails from us these past 48 hours, Justin.

But your help really is that important.

Please chip in $5.

Thank you for your support.

-- John, Norm, Matt, Tim, Carolyn, Megan and the rest of the gang at C4L

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    How many emails about it have you received in the last 3 days?

I got 7 from an assortment of Ron Paul, people that work for him, and Campaign for Liberty.

And I get the feeling that most of us aren't taking it seriously. There's no current post or discussion on RPF or Daily Paul that I can find.

The first one I got for this non-grassroots moneybomb was from Ron Paul (Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 10:12 AM):

Then over the course of 3 days I received the other 6 emails. Are any of you taking this seriously? I'm not. If they wanted to fight the IRS, they'd be talking about it in public. They have so many platforms available to do it. Ron's being interviewed often and has several websites to talk about it. But they don't talk about it except for in email; otherwise it would be front page news on sites like this one.
    Ron Paul has talked about it.

I don't remember which video or interview it is in, though.

There were threads here on it as well (it's been a month and half-two months, I think).

I don't know why you're getting so many messages at once. Email them and tell them to stop or if it's simply automated, contact someone involved with the organizations. Seven in three days is a little bit much regardless of what the funds are for.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Ron Paul 2012 ended with over a million cash-on-hand. Perhaps had the campaign not lied to supporters for months while wasting MILLIONS of dollars, more would be willing to give? Perhaps instead of sitting by in silence, while apparently making backroom deals with Romney's campaign, John Tate should have shut Ron Paul 2012 down?

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Ron Paul has talked about it.

I don't remember which video or interview it is in, though.

There were threads here on it as well (it's been a month and half-two months, I think).

I don't know why you're getting so many messages at once. Email them and tell them to stop or if it's simply automated, contact someone involved with the organizations. Seven in three days is a little bit much regardless of what the funds are for.
    You're kidding yourself. If they were actually fighting the IRS and needed money for it, VoicesofLiberty would be screaming about it. They aren't. https://www.youtube.com/user/voicesofliberty/videos

And neither is Campaign For Liberty. http://www.campaignforliberty.org/

Nothing about this "battle" is on their recent public releases.

They are trying to take advantage of people that don't pay attention and just forward emails.

You're kidding yourself. If they were actually fighting the IRS and needed money for it, VoicesofLiberty would be screaming about it. They aren't. https://www.youtube.com/user/voicesofliberty/videos

And neither is Campaign For Liberty. http://www.campaignforliberty.org/

Nothing about this "battle" is on their recent public releases.

They are trying to take advantage of people that don't pay attention and just forward emails.
    Very fair points and I honestly don't know. I am not affiliated with the previous campaign or any of these organizations in any way (absent just in general donating to this or that), I check my emails maybe three times a year, and frankly have an understanding regarding the IRS and government in general that many absent of this forum would understand. What I mean is, the courts are a joke, a federal court, a federal agency... hmmm.. I mean, I just don't need to sit long and think about the probable outcome of a scenario in which that is [federal court, federal agency] (was?) the case absent a sizable portion of the population becoming annoyed and maybe I'm just apathetic anymore but to be honest, the people would probably outright support the $#@! if not writing sly excuses for it. There are success stories but they are few and far between and are so costly as to possibly remove them from being considered "successes."

I was just pointing out that I have heard Ron Paul speak on it (maybe it was Charles Goyette that asked him about it during a podcast?... I'm sure I have the video but it wasn't some lengthy conversation. If I recall correctly it was simply a few minute response about it [in an hour long interview] and I have so many videos I really couldn't begin to find it). I also remember a thread or three on it when it first came out. It well could have been over two months ago. I forgot about it though I was happy that they were (?) refusing to give up donor information to the IRS.

Regardless of what the scenario is, (and I don't particularly know) 7 emails in three days asking for funds is a little bit much.

If it is bothering you (and I'd be annoyed, myself), contact the organizers of said email campaign and/or remove yourself from the email list. If in two months I check my email and I notice a slew of emails back to back asking me for money, they won't be emailing me any more. Though not that it much matters, for me, personally.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 10-02-2014 at 11:07 PM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

If they wanted to fight the IRS, they'd be talking about it in public. They have so many platforms available to do it. Ron's being interviewed often and has several websites to talk about it. But they don't talk about it except for in email; otherwise it would be front page news on sites like this one.
    IRS going after small government groups was last year's news... no media outlet would cover it now because it isn't "news" anymore.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    IRS going after small government groups was last year's news... no media outlet would cover it now because it isn't "news" anymore.
    Even the media outlets that Ron Paul and C4L own wouldn't cover it? Because they aren't saying anything about it except for in emails. They have blogs and video channels but nothing being said about it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Even the media outlets that Ron Paul and C4L own wouldn't cover it? Because they aren't saying anything about it except for in emails. They have blogs and video channels but nothing being said about it.
    There were a few things being said about it.

A few threads made about it.

The precedent, and enormous fines involved, I kind of figured the names would be handed over regardless. I applauded the action taken to delay or attempt to fight the inevitable but what, multiple (if not tens of) thousands of dollars per day of non-compliance?

As to why you were/are being spammed.... did you ever take that up with those sending you the emails?
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 10-23-2014 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    There were a few things being said about it.

A few threads made about it.
    Like a year or so before this non-grassroots "moneybomb" that I referenced, there were some threads and news stories. What I'm asking is why wasn't and why isn't there anything about it anymore if they are asking for money to "fight" it. You know what makes a moneybomb blow up and raise some real funds? Posting about it on sites like this one and on their other home pages. I remember watching many tickers rack up the cash on ronpaul2012.com

As to why you were/are being spammed.... did you ever take that up with those sending you the emails?
    No I didn't. I have responded to emails in the past and received no response. Their system is obviously automated to send out emails to us from multiple addresses. It's not real people sending them out. One of the emails said that they needed at least one of the XXX Ron Paul supporters in my community (by name) to donate a certain amount. I know for a fact that their number of supporters is very inaccurate. My community is that small that I can know.

I finally took myself off their email list. Got tired of all the spam begging for money.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Like a year or so before this non-grassroots "moneybomb" that I referenced, there were some threads and news stories. What I'm asking is why wasn't and why isn't there anything about it anymore if they are asking for money to "fight" it. You know what makes a moneybomb blow up and raise some real funds? Posting about it on sites like this one and on their other home pages. I remember watching many tickers rack up the cash on ronpaul2012.com

No I didn't. I have responded to emails in the past and received no response. Their system is obviously automated to send out emails to us from multiple addresses. It's not real people sending them out. One of the emails said that they needed at least one of the XXX Ron Paul supporters in my community (by name) to donate a certain amount. I know for a fact that their number of supporters is very inaccurate. My community is that small that I can know.
    I didn't think it was that long ago but yeah... annoying, to say the least.

I didn't really follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feelgood View Post
    I finally took myself off their email list. Got tired of all the spam begging for money.
    same. way too many emails.

To quote the venerable Bob Marley:

Every day the bucket a-go a well, one day the bottom a-go drop out.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire