Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White woman sues sperm bank after giving birth to black baby in ‘racially intolerant’ Ohiotown

White woman sues sperm bank after giving birth to black baby in ‘racially intolerant’ Ohiotown

White woman sues sperm bank after giving birth to black baby in ‘racially intolerant’ Ohio town | National Post

An Ohio woman and her partner have sued a Chicago-area sperm bank after she became pregnant with sperm donated by a black man instead of a white man as she’d intended.

Jennifer Cramblett was five months pregnant and happy with her life in April 2012. She and her partner had married months earlier in New York, and within days of their nuptials she had become pregnant with donor sperm at a fertility clinic in Canton.

Cramblett, 36, and her partner, Amanda Zinkon, 29, were so elated that they called Midwest Sperm Bank LLC outside Chicago to reserve sperm from the same donor in the hope that Zinkon would someday also have a child.

How could they make a mistake that was so personal?

But that’s when Cramblett received some disturbing news, says a lawsuit filed Monday against Midwest Sperm Bank in Cook County, Illinois. She learned from an employee at the sperm bank that she had been inseminated with sperm from No. 330, a black donor, and not No. 380, a white donor she and Zinkon, who are white, had chosen.

How could they make a mistake that was so personal?” Cramblett said during a telephone interview on Wednesday.

According to the lawsuit, her excitement about the pending birth was replaced with “anger, disappointment and fear.”

“They took a personal choice, a personal decision and took it on themselves to make that choice for us out of pure negligence,” Cramblett said.

Telephone calls to Midwest Sperm Bank were not returned on Wednesday. It’s unclear who the sperm bank’s attorney is.

Cramblett said she and Zinkon love their “beautiful, obviously mixed race” two-year-old daughter, Payton, very much and wouldn’t change anything about her. But they are concerned about raising her in the predominantly white community where they live.

“Jennifer acknowledges her limited cultural competency relative to African-Americans and steep learning curve, particularly in small, homogenous Uniontown, which she regards as too racially intolerant,” the lawsuit says.

The lawsuit said they had moved from Akron to Uniontown for better schools and to be closer to Cramblett’s family. She said that as a lesbian she has felt the sting of prejudice but doesn’t know what it’s like to be mistreated because of her skin colour.

The lawsuit says Cramblett also is worried about how Payton will be treated in her “all-white, and often unconsciously insensitive family.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/10...?__federated=1
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Weird stuff happens when you mess in the world of artificially conceived babies. I wonder if the lawsuit will go anywhere? I imagine it will be thrown out do to racial stuff.

Nutty lesbians what a joke 'same sex marriage' is.
    Last edited by William Tell; 10-02-2014 at 02:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Meh, seems more like a money grab than anything. Whatever. Pay them off so they can get out of the news.

Lol,
    That's why I only inseminate with friends I know.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Everyone keeps talking about 'the poor child' and I agree. No child should have to live unwanted and probably neglected. Most of these same people are blaming the woman like the sperm bank had nothing to do with it. I'm not so much on board with that one though. If the woman went there wanting (and paying for!) caucasian sperm, she should have gotten caucasian sperm. At the very least they should have immediately refunded what the woman spent without it having to go to court. Beyond that I dunno. Tough situation for both mother and child.

This is gonna make for a great sitcom.

Seriously though, I feel for the kid. Hopefully it is just a money grab and the kid has two loving mommies.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Quote Originally Posted by rpfocus View Post
    Meh, seems more like a money grab than anything. Whatever. Pay them off so they can get out of the news.
    So you wouldn't sue if this happened to you and your wife? Its unfortunate but that why companies like this should carry some form of malpractice insurance. To pay for your damn mistakes.

I have a hard time believing that they live somewhere where people will judge them for having a blackish baby and not for being lesbian. They've already embarked on a life of being different, adding colors to their rainbow seems irrelevant at this point. I'm with the idea that they are just excited about an almost guaranteed payday from this.

I have a family member who couldn't have a baby so they adopted. They didnt want to pick a color so left it open to chance, got a little black baby. She's the cutest little thing ever. She will be loved and will belong in this family.

I don't believe this couple is really off to a good start of being good parents when they are acting like they got the wrong child.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is so $#@!ed up, on so many levels, I don't even know what to say...

should have called DAVID CROSBY...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

I think she raises a valid point.

If I were to have a child with a black girl, there are certainly some neighborhoods I would not do it. If she needs to relocate for the sake of the childs well being and mental health, due to the mistake of the sperm bank, the burden should be on them. A refund doesn't cut it, they can't expect her to just trade the baby in, or throw it away.

I think she has a case.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

Seriously girls... a sperm bank?? Why not just find the guy you want your child to be conceived by and let him do it the old fashioned way?? At least you won't have to worry about getting the "wrong" sperm that way... Even if your sexual preference is for a woman, you can just close your eyes for a bit and maybe your partner can hold your hand through the "ordeal". Kinda like going to the doctor for a procedure that's quite uncomfortable (I've been through a few of those...)
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

you can just close your eyes for a bit
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd

double post
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd

Cramblett said she and Zinkon love their “beautiful, obviously mixed race” two-year-old daughter, Payton, very much and wouldn’t change anything about her. But they are concerned about raising her in the predominantly white community where they live.

“Jennifer acknowledges her limited cultural competency relative to African-Americans and steep learning curve, particularly in small, homogenous Uniontown, which she regards as too racially intolerant,” the lawsuit says.

The lawsuit said they had moved from Akron to Uniontown for better schools and to be closer to Cramblett’s family. She said that as a lesbian she has felt the sting of prejudice but doesn’t know what it’s like to be mistreated because of her skin colour.

The lawsuit says Cramblett also is worried about how Payton will be treated in her “all-white, and often unconsciously insensitive family.”
    What the hell are they bitching about then?

Other than the fact they live in a racist town and have a racist family.

This silly $#@! makes my head hurt and wish for the zombie apocalypse.

Here's the 900 pound gorilla in the room, they, like those two teachers that three-somed a 16 year old boy, are doing it because it's "hip" and "cool", not because of any natural desire to live such a $#@!ed up and confused lifestyle.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-02-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Have the black donor pay child support...I bet this will come up.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Seriously girls... a sperm bank?? Why not just find the guy you want your child to be conceived by and let him do it the old fashioned way?? At least you won't have to worry about getting the "wrong" sperm that way... Even if your sexual preference is for a woman, you can just close your eyes for a bit and maybe your partner can hold your hand through the "ordeal". Kinda like going to the doctor for a procedure that's quite uncomfortable (I've been through a few of those...)
    The last guy that tried it got stuck with child support payment. If a lesbian asks you to do the inseminating for them, run as far away as possible. Its a trap that no written contract can absolve you from paying child support when the relationship goes south.

i'm thinkin that she TOLD them she wanted the donor to be blond, blue eyed type, and 'someone' just said eff her, give her the black guys sperm as a mean spirited gesture. Reverse racism?

hope the little girl gets a good life regardless...

yeah...$#@!ed up $#@!, and this sperm donor crap is just that....crap.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    Have the black donor pay child support...I bet this will come up.

yep.

I really feel like just quoting Leviticus 20:13 and walking away. Homosexuality is just incredibly screwed up, and I don't care that that is bigoted.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    So you wouldn't sue if this happened to you and your wife? Its unfortunate but that why companies like this should carry some form of malpractice insurance. To pay for your damn mistakes.
    It is unfortunate. I said to pay her off, although it still seems like a hunt for a payday to me. If her town is redneckville, then I'm willing to bet her 'lifestyle' isn't very appreciated anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This is so $#@!ed up, on so many levels, I don't even know what to say...
    Indeed. Everyone involved in this is a scumbag. Romans 1 told us this would happen when people reject God.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    i'm thinkin that she TOLD them she wanted the donor to be blond, blue eyed type, and 'someone' just said eff her, give her the black guys sperm as a mean spirited gesture. Reverse racism?

hope the little girl gets a good life regardless...

yeah...$#@!ed up $#@!, and this sperm donor crap is just that....crap.
    I guess my issue is...

Yes, technically she should probably be compensated. But, she's a homosexual racist and her concerns are directly related to the same, so why should I care? I doubt she cares about my liberty either.

This will be a great story to share with people when she gets older and gets over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I guess my issue is...

Yes, technically she should probably be compensated. But, she's a homosexual racist and her concerns are directly related to the same, so why should I care? I doubt she cares about my liberty either.
    And you're extremely judgmental.....

I think they are absolutely entitled to compensation. Forget all your racial stuff. They paid for a specific product. The product was not as promised. Cultural issues raising the child are a valid concern entitling them to monetary compensation, not just a refund.

I can't imagine a scenario where they lose this case.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I think they are absolutely entitled to compensation. Forget all your racial stuff. They paid for a specific product. The product was not as promised. Cultural issues raising the child are a valid concern entitling them to monetary compensation, not just a refund.

I can't imagine a scenario where they lose this case.
    Is a child a "product"? lol!

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Is a child a "product"? lol!
    The sperm is the product

I know this area well. They make it sound like Uniontown is some podunk backwoods town. It's not. It's a relatively normal suburb of a small city, Akron. I think the whole reason they're bringing their neighborhood into it is because they are hoping for a larger payout that way. It is completely irrelevant.

That being said, they are certainly due compensation of some sort. I'm just not sure what. It sounds as though they wanted to make a certain type of baby and paid money to do so. They should at minimum get their money back. But I guess they probably have to show that the mistake has harmed their child in some way in order to get the big bucks. When, in fact, the baby wasn't harmed, their pride was.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

LOL @ racist lesbians

how bout that tolerance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast