Thread: News on Roger Pion's case (the guy who drove tractor over cop cars)

News on Roger Pion's case (the guy who drove tractor over cop cars)

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/man...7Jxcgoz1iMS.99

The man who became an internet sensation for his ‘monster truck-like’ response to a marijuana possession arrest will not be prosecuted.

Roger Pion, the 36-year-old Vermont man who demolished seven police cars with a tractor will not be prosecuted on the charges related to that incident. In 2012, following a marijuana possession arrest, Pion decided to fight back, and drove his father’s tractor to the police station where he went on a rampage with the vehicle, causing $300,000 in damage to government property, but hurting no one.
    “The radios are ruined, the radar detectors, the cages in the cars … We’re going to have to get the jaws of life up here to pry the trunks open and see about the rifles and shotguns,” Sheriff Kirk Martin said after the incident.

Witness Rene Morris told WCAX that, “It felt like I was in a Monster Jam rally or something, I just couldn’t believe it. He’s backing up, going over it, turns around, makes his way to the other vehicles smashes those up, did his business and headed right down Route 5.”
    Police officers at the station reported that they had just finished washing their cars moments before the tractor drove onto their parking lot and crushed more than half of the cars in their fleet. After he was pleased with the job that he had done, Pion casually drone on down the street at tractor speeds, until police eventually caught up with him and arrested him a mile away from the scene.
    At the time of his arrest, Pion was facing seven counts of felony unlawful mischief, one count of misdemeanor unlawful mischief, one count of aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer, one count of gross negligent operation, and one count of leaving the scene of an accident.

Following the arrest, Pion became an internet hero who was widely celebrated by people across the country who sympathized with his frustration in the justice system.

According to The Caledonian Record, Pion entered an insanity plea in his defense, which the prosecution finally accepted this week. However, Pion will be forced to undergo some sort of mental evaluation and rehabilitation as a part of the agreement that he made with the state.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice and good for him.

But being labeled 'insane' still allows the state the screw with you six ways from Sunday. At least he won't spend years in a rape cage.

Bittersweet victory

ETA: thanks for posting

Following the arrest, Pion became an internet hero who was widely celebrated by people across the country who sympathized with his frustration in the justice system.
    I donated. But then, I'm just a crazy guy too.
    "The Patriarch"

I'm pretty sure he's been in a mental health facility since not long after he entered that insanity plea. Well over a year ago. So he didn't really get away with it.

Meh, plea bargain. I might have taken my chances with a jury trial in Vermont.

Then again if you're not mentally insane you could probably fake your way through a rehabilitation program, but that stuff does follow you for life. Then again, so does being the famous guy who ran over a bunch of parked cop cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.