Thread: Iraq pilots mistakenly drop supplies, not bombs, on ISIS

Iraq pilots mistakenly drop supplies, not bombs, on ISIS

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/10/ir...p-supplies-not

Maybe I'm just hopped up on coffee before my workout, but I can't for the life of me stop laughing. I haven't read something this hilarious in at least a couple of days. gg overlords! You've amused me for a few hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    seriously.....cmon not even the same delivery method.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

'intervention' at its finest.

Mother's Milk. If they didn't create ISI_ then why are they breast-feeding it?

Barry Goldwater asked, 'Why Not Victory?' I think, over the last fifty years, we have had ample time to figure out the generals' rationale. Why not victory? Because job security, that's why. For millenia generals who actually did a good job put themselves out of work. No wonder we get nothing more credible than a Westmoreland today.

See, if Don King had this much foresight--if he had sense enough to tell fighters, 'Try to make your opponent look better than he is. Try to make this prize fight last longer than two minutes,' he might not have destroyed the sport of boxing the way he did.

'Mistakenly.' Yeah, mistakes have been made. But I cannot be made to believe this is one of them. Well, maybe the part where this was discovered and they were forced to make excuses for it...
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-01-2014 at 12:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Ah another lame excuse for giving US arms and armaments to our enemy of the moment.

At some point only an exceedingly stupid or ignorant person will believe there's anything truthful about this latest military adventure.

Mistakenly. Yeah ok, if you believe that I got a bridge for sale.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Members of Islamic State recently received an unexpected surprise from the Iraqi military's inexperienced pilots: an airdrop of food, water and ammunition.

They at least knew to use parachutes

http://hotair.com/headlines/archives...ded-on-impact/

I was on board an Iraqi Army helicopter, and watched as hundreds of refugees ran towards it to receive one of the few deliveries of aid to make it to the mountain. The helicopter dropped water and food from its open gun bays to them as they waited below. General Ahmed Ithwany, who led the mission, told me: “It is death valley. Up to 70 per cent of them are dead.”
    Two American aid flights have also made it to the mountain, where they have dropped off more than 36,000 meals and 7,000 gallons of drinking water to help the refugees, and last night two RAF C-130 transport planes were also on the way.
    However, Iraqi officials said that much of the US aid had been “useless” because it was dropped from 15,000ft without parachutes and exploded on impact.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

10 Tonnes of Condoms?

I could support that.

Large condoms marked small for that extra kick.
    Last edited by idiom; 10-01-2014 at 07:15 PM.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 10-01-2014 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    seriously.....cmon not even the same delivery method.
    The title of the article is a little misleading... making it sound like they meant to drop bombs but instead dropped supplies.

They were trying to deliver supplies to Iraqi soldiers but screwed up and dropped them in the wrong spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post
    The title of the article is a little misleading... making it sound like they meant to drop bombs but instead dropped supplies.

They were trying to deliver supplies to Iraqi soldiers but screwed up and dropped them in the wrong spot.
    Ahhhh ok
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

"Love thine enemies"?
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post

To be fair, Obama made it sound like they would be dropping bombs and not supplies.
    In New Zealand:
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    Prostitution is legal

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post

Maybe I'm just hopped up on coffee before my workout, but I can't for the life of me stop laughing. I haven't read something this hilarious in at least a couple of days. gg overlords! You've amused me for a few hours.
    I heard that today on the radio and had the same reaction, just another day in the luniverse.
    "The Patriarch"

Because in all of their millions of duckets in training, and years gone by, they had forgotten to include a course in basic map reading and unit identification. Sure, sure.

Nope, just another case of the government being so vastly inept they could not possibly come up with the concept of an B-2, Blackbird, F-117, Apache, F-22, nukes, railguns, submarines, space drones, HAARP, Facebook, Google, etc., etc., etc. Right...
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    Because in all of their millions of duckets in training, and years gone by, they had forgotten to include a course in basic map reading and unit identification. Sure, sure.

Nope, just another case of the government being so vastly inept they could not possibly come up with the concept of an B-2, Blackbird, F-117, Apache, F-22, nukes, railguns, submarines, space drones, HAARP, Facebook, Google, etc., etc., etc. Right...
    Generally speaking none of those were built by the government. Even in soviet Russia, all the good stuff came from private operations.
    In New Zealand:
    Prostitution is legal

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nothing is by accident... Now the Targets/Bombing Syrian industry? lol... yeah, GPS guided aircraft and weapons only malfunction when they are intentionally configured for the "Authorized coordinates". Now they're aiding and abetting terrorists/terrorism/crimes against humanity by the same NATO/Gulf States/House of Saud backed Salafi/Wahabi?

Here's the latest result of terror what happen in the Syrian government controlled city of Homs

41 children killed in Syria school bombing
    #SyriaWar

A twin bomb attack on a primary school in the government-controlled city of Homs underlines fears about security

Photo reportedly shows Syrian security forces inspecting site of car bomb explosion outside a school
    in Homs Oct. 1, 2014 (AFP/HO/Sana)

MEE and agencies
    Last update: Thursday 2 October 2014 10:18 BST
    SyriaWar
    Tags: Syria, Car Bomb, Homs

Two car bombs exploded in the central Syrian city of Homs on Wednesday afternoon near a school killing 48 people including 41 children.

The explosions took place as children were leaving school at the end of classes on Wednesday in a neighbourhood dominated by minority Alawites, a Shiite offshoot sect that President Bashar al-Assad belongs to.

The first blast was from a car bomb and was detonated in front of the Ekrimah primary school, followed minutes later by a suicide bomber who drove by and detonated his vehicle, state television reported.

It was the deadliest strike to hit the government-controlled area in over a year.

Footage from the aftermath of the attack shows parents screaming and looking for their children amid scattered schoolbags and blood on the ground as a car burns nearby. In another clip, a man pulls the limp body of a young girl in a red dress covered in dust from the rubble, as blood trickles down her face.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility.

Homs was once dubbed "the capital of the revolution" against Assad. Most of the city, including the shelled-out ruins of the Old Town, has returned to the control of Assad's government after two years of bombardment and siege. Since re-capturing the city, Syrian forces have struggled to secure it. The district has been targeted more than once before, including on 19 June, when at least six people were killed in a car bomb attack.
    “Homs is a city that is under the complete control of the regime who won the battle there months ago and yet you still find that the pro-regime communities are vulnerable to spectacular terrorist attacks," said Aboud Dandachi, an IT worker from Homs who spoke to Middle East Eye via Skype from Istanbul.
    “The problem is that a lot of the checkpoints in and around the city are controlled by “Shabiha” so-called pro-government militias some of whom are easily bribed. I imagine that’s how the explosives for this attack were smuggled in.”

Homs, a strategic city in central Syria close to the border with Lebanon, has been vital to the government and the rebels since the uprising broke out in 2011. The city has for years served as a kind of administrative capital as well as a hub through which major roads that crisscross Syria feed into.

For the regime, control of Homs is a matter of life and death,” said Dandachi. “It is the gateway to cities across the country, Syria’s jugular vein. The regime would sacrifice huge chunks of Syria so long as it controls Homs. That is where the revolution should have succeeded.”
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 10-02-2014 at 01:43 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Maybe it wasn't a mistake.. maybe the pilots were Islamic State In Iraq??!!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Maybe it wasn't a mistake.. maybe the pilots were Islamic State In Iraq??!!
    Maybe... there's a chance the pilots did it on purpose. Or the guy that gave them the drop coordinates.

But I think it's also reasonable to believe that the Iraqi Air Force's young, inexperienced pilots could make a mistake.

Especially if they dropped supplies with parachutes from a higher altitude, and the intended Iraqi soldiers were located near the ISIS fighters - it's not difficult to see how the supplies could go off course or a slight screw up in timing could result in them landing on the wrong side of the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Mistakenly. Yeah ok, if you believe that I got a bridge for sale.
    How much?? I might be able to use a bridge if I get a good enough deal. Mind you I'm a tough sell...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I heard that today on the radio and had the same reaction, just another day in the luniverse.
    LUNIVERSE !!! That's hilarious. Never heard that before but I'm going to remember it for sure...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    How much?? I might be able to use a bridge if I get a good enough deal. Mind you I'm a tough sell...
    It's in Syria, on a main road from Damascus to a Syrian military base. Centrally located. Priced to sell asap! Motivated seller!
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book