Thread: It is time for a frank conversation

It is time for a frank conversation

Instead of running around putting out fires and raising money as a sole strategy, it is time for a frank conversation about the road we're on that can go viral right before the election. Rand can deliver the message.

The election is
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not sure what you mean. Does it involve a lot of voting? If so I'm in.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Well, thought this would be about hot dogs.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

Quote Originally Posted by Czolgosz View Post
    I thought it was going to be about rally points when the wheels came off

I just got to work. I'm ready for some fun. Will it be fun?

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Should we sit down for this?

Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Everybody knows that this election will be won just like we won the last one. One sign wave at a time, baby!

I am looking forward to the election day email: is the Primary!
    Last edited by radiofriendly; 10-01-2014 at 08:56 AM.
    My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Should we sit down for this?

Sorry for vagueness in the OP that led to hot dogs and rally cars.

Yes, the People need to sit down and stop and think about where we are headed as a country. If this path continues, 2016 won't matter and that's assuming one even believes voting itself matters. I think Rand should do an epic floor speech tying together all of the issues we are seeing, such as Benghazi, Libya and now Syria subversion based on lies, Ebola concerns at home and military deployments based on it in Africa, illegal immigration, a WH administration that's known primarily for a terrible health insurance law and scandal after scandal, etc. All of this, and more, is interconnected. If Michelle Bachmann can stand on the House floor for damn near an hour staring directly into the CSPAN camera and deliver an uninterrupted speech about how Americans need to bomb the crap out of a country that never even threatened us, then someone in the limelight (who wants to be on the right side of history) needs to stand up and say ENOUGH and send a message before November. I see the apathy of the public in general becoming worse and seems to be setting in even for liberty supporters. 2016 is too far away imho and I don't think we have that much time to wait around for something to 'change'.
    Last edited by devil21; 10-01-2014 at 02:32 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought it was gonna be an "F U Frank" thread - there really haven't been enough of those, lately. I guess we are about 18 months out before we get more focus groups.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

‘Hot Dog Man’ Sales Tax Bill Signed
    Tuesday, September 30, 2014
    By Nick Welsh

Governor Jerry Brown signed into law a bill allowing Carpinteria’s famed Hot Dog Man, Bill Connell, to be compensated for sales taxes levied that by law he should not have had to pay. Connell, a Vietnam-era veteran, has been waging a one-man war with the state comptroller’s office on behalf of veteran street vendors for 21 years, insisting they were legally exempt from such taxes.

In 2009, the legislature concluded Connell’s interpretation of the law was correct. This year — thanks to a bill authored by Assemblymember Das Williams — the legislature voted 175-to-1 to set aside $50,000 to compensate Connell and any other veterans who may have been taxed on sales proceeds from vending cart operations. Connell estimates he has up to $30,000 coming.
    http://www.independent.com/news/2014...n-bill-passes/
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

In order for people to 'wake up' and 'cure the apathy' that plagues the Boobus A., one needs to have an inspirational leader.... Like Ron Paul.

I started a thread about this already. Does Rand Paul inspire you? Will Rand motivate the masses to storm debates, march in snowstorms, make viral videos?

Time will tell..
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope